Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2017, 11:20 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,817,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
I just threw up in my mouth. You couldn't pay me to eat the swill they serve. Only fit for caucasians.
It gives you that special feeling too?

Imagine if you ate there how you'd really feel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 01:04 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,875,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
It gives you that special feeling too?

Imagine if you ate there how you'd really feel
You can't actually eat there because it is take-out only. It is the closest Chinese restaurant to our house in the Lakes, or was, until the Panda Express opened in Hualapai Commons. I've ordered from there once and that was enough. It's awful. I can't imagine why you felt compelled to list them - there are so many other Chinese restaurants that are so much better. Well, I'm glad you like places like Ho Ho Ho, because it means the good restaurants won't get crowded.

Scoop's advice about avoiding any Chinese restaurant where the menu is entirely in English was spot-on.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:11 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,875,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiasushi View Post
Favorite Pub-type restaurant: Cornish Pasty Co.
Nice list.

I've been to maybe 1/4th of the places on your list, and while my favorite might be different in a few cases, yours are all solid choices and recommended. So I think it is safe to assume the rest of your favorites are equally good. Great contribution to this thread.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:12 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,527,524 times
Worst Chinese we ever had was Joyful House. Thinking about the meal makes me sick. Hardly touched it. Was asked if we wanted to take it home. Ummm NO!

Told it was authentic. No wonder the Chinese are leaving China in masses to come to the US. Steve Wynn knows how to create Chinese restaurants.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiasushi View Post
Favorite Pub-type restaurant: Cornish Pasty Co.
Favorite BBQ: Jessie Rae's
Favorite Bagel: Harrie's Bagelmania
Favorite Jewish Deli: Carnegie Deli
Favorite Sandwich: The Sandwich Spot
Favorite Donut: Master Donuts
Favorite NY Style Pizza: Bambino's East Coast Pizzeria
Favorite Chicago Style Pizza: Giordano's
Favorite Kebabs: Zaytoon Restaurant
Favorite Falafel: Amena Bakery & Deli
Favorite Greek: The Great Greek
Favorite Tex-Mex: Juan's Flaming Fajitas & Cantina
Favorite New Mexican: Carlito's Burritos
Favorite Mexican: Tacos El Gordo
Favorite Argentinian: Rincon de Buenos Aires
Favorite Peruvian: Peru Chicken
Favorite Venezuelan: Viva Las Arepas
Favorite Korean BBQ (All you can eat): Gen Korean BBQ
Favorite Korean BBQ (Non-AYCE): Hobak Korean BBQ
Favorite Chinese BBQ: Asian BBQ & Noodles
Favorite Chinese: Big Wong Restaurant
Favorite Thai: Lotus of Siam
Favorite Sushi (All you can eat): Sakana
Favorite Sushi (Non-AYCE): Hiroba Sushi
Favorite Sushi (Upscale): Sushi Hiroyoshi
Favorite Ramen: Monta
Favorite Izakaya: Hachi
Favorite Pho: Pho Bosa
Favorite Banh Mi: Dakao Sandwiches
Favorite Vietnamese/Cajun Seafood: Urban Crawfish Station
Favorite Dim Sum: Ping Pang Pong
Favorite Hawaiian: Island Flavor
Favorite Poke: Poke Express
Favorite Indian: Mount Everest India's Cuisine
Favorite Brunch: Border Grill
I agree on most. You forgot French and Italian.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:54 PM

16 posts, read 25,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I agree on most. You forgot French and Italian.
Favorite French: Mon Ami Gabi
Favorite French Bakery: Bouchon Bakery
Favorite Italian ("Red Sauce Joint"): Capo's Italian Cuisine
Favorite Italian: Nora's Italian Cuisine
Favorite Italian (Upscale): Carbone

Old 09-17-2017, 03:08 PM

16 posts, read 25,832 times
Quote:
Nice list.

I've been to maybe 1/4th of the places on your list, and while my favorite might be different in a few cases, yours are all solid choices and recommended. So I think it is safe to assume the rest of your favorites are equally good. Great contribution to this thread.
That's fair and thanks for the compliment. I don't have strong opinions on quite a few of the choices as they come down to preferences. For instance, I like Dutch Crunch bread and The Sandwich Spot, being a California-based chain, is the only place I know of in town that offers it (and they also happen to make what I feel are tasty sandwiches). Sometimes it's just a couple dishes that sway me as well, like at Lotus of Siam the Garlic Prawns and Khao Soi are good enough to edge out a place like Chada Thai/Street for me even though some things like the Nam Prik Noom might be better at Chada. I'm sure you're also not a huge fan of Big Wong, which is understandable considering that it's not high quality but 1) I feel that the Chinese food in Las Vegas isn't that good in general and 2) that while something like Chengdu Taste is objectively better (it probably is some of the best Sichuan in the country after all), the value Big Wong offers overshadows the authenticity/quality that Chengdu Taste provides.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
You can't actually eat there because it is take-out only. It is the closest Chinese restaurant to our house in the Lakes, or was, until the Panda Express opened in Hualapai Commons. I've ordered from there once and that was enough. It's awful. I can't imagine why you felt compelled to list them - there are so many other Chinese restaurants that are so much better. Well, I'm glad you like places like Ho Ho Ho, because it means the good restaurants won't get crowded.

Scoop's advice about avoiding any Chinese restaurant where the menu is entirely in English was spot-on.
Never eaten there myself

Old 09-17-2017, 08:40 PM

Lotus used to be good, now it's just inconsistent. Plenty of other Thai places that have a handful of stellar dishes

Like with any restaurant, knowing where to go isn't even half of it. More importantly is what to get.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:59 AM

^^^ you are so right about the dishes ordered over the place.

Isn't Lotus of Siam closed down right now while they fix the building?

Favorite French - Guy Savoy

Favorite Italian - Il Mulino
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas