Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 02:26 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,324,665 times
I think it was very sad Mack because after many people taking the time to write to you, I don't think you've opened your mind to the fact that your thinking may be a little out there.
A 4 yr. business degree can be used anywhere and for sure companies in other states would be interested in you to some extent. Get your resumes out to big companies in these exciting cities letting them know you are more than willing to relocate and would be happy with an internship and I guarantee, it will get you more than a food service bussing job.
Why do rich women risk their comfortable life style to fool around with the pool boy? Probably for the same reason some well to do business men with loving wives fool around with their secretaries. Lots of lost people have to continuously keep stroking their ego's. They say the sex these people take from the experience, makes them think they are either a) still desirable b)not aging or c)they see this experience as stupidly getting even with a partner not giving them enough attention.

You have so over-rated sex and put such an emphasis on it, it seems it will be controlling your entire future life decisions. You talk about finding some like minded female that thinks as you do. Hey, if they're out there and thinking as you do, what makes you think they even need you or any other male/female to have this go for it experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 08:00 PM

134 posts, read 385,748 times
Quote:
I think it was very sad Mack because after many people taking the time to write to you, I don't think you've opened your mind to the fact that your thinking may be a little out there.
It may be a bit out there by societal standards but society brainwashes you to think the way you do. Oh I must get a house and a picket fence and have children. I hope to do that some day but I am not just going to pick someone because I am in the mood to play house.

Quote:
A 4 yr. business degree can be used anywhere and for sure companies in other states would be interested in you to some extent. Get your resumes out to big companies in these exciting cities letting them know you are more than willing to relocate and would be happy with an internship and I guarantee, it will get you more than a food service bussing job.
Look the only reason we even go to talking about a bussing job is because on my last adventure I took a barback/bussing job as a second job and it paid well. I made about 500 a week off of it. That's not too bad when you compare it to an intern job for something I probably wouldn't enjoy doing that would pay less money. There are servers in tourist locations such as the one I went to that make 2000 in a weeks time. You find a job like that with year round tourists and that means you make over 100,000 a year.

Quote:
Why do rich women risk their comfortable life style to fool around with the pool boy? Probably for the same reason some well to do business men with loving wives fool around with their secretaries. Lots of lost people have to continuously keep stroking their ego's. They say the sex these people take from the experience, makes them think they are either a) still desirable b)not aging or c)they see this experience as stupidly getting even with a partner not giving them enough attention.
Well personally I think it is because so many people rush into serious relationships because they are too busy with their lives to hunt for mr or mrs right so the first good thing to come along that puts up with their crap-- they marry them. That's why the divorse rate is over 50 percent in this country.

Quote:
You have so over-rated sex and put such an emphasis on it, it seems it will be controlling your entire future life decisions.
I don't agree with this. I don't "over-rate" sex. I like people and I like connecting and bonding and having fun with people and meeting new people. i love woman, if anything is my downfall, it's that. Sex is just something to share between two people in the moment, that's all it is.

Also I dont see how anything could be more of an example of me making bad future life decisions than to stay in this small town with nothing to offer me and to rott my remaining youth away. I would regret it for the rest of my life, I HAVE to get out of here.

Quote:
You talk about finding some like minded female that thinks as you do.
No most women don't "think" as I do and I don't tell women how I think or really even think too much about. I just think lets enjoy the moment, have fun, have an adventure and share some experiences and moments together and see how it leads. Lets not rush things, lets not try to own eachother, lets just worry about us when we are around eachother and live our own lives when we are not around eachother...and if all we end up being is a flicker in the night or a random fling than we will still be that much better afterwards for having shared that experience with eachother.

Quote:
Hey, if they're out there and thinking as you do, what makes you think they even need you or any other male/female to have this go for it experience?
I don't want anyone to need me and I don't want to need anybody. All I need is me.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:31 PM

99 posts, read 417,475 times
"I don't want anyone to need me and I don't want to need anybody. All I need is me."

Wow, Mack, you're really something, aren't you? I think they call what you have a narcissistic personality disorder. I am surprised that people are being so nice to you because I don't think you deserve it. The most striking thing about you is your overall lack of life experience. I'm not talking about your ability to get some girl in to bed, thus making a choice she'll probably later regret, but, rather, how the tone of your emails seems so juvenile. I realize you may be of age, but you sure don't present yourself that way. You should have a surgeon general's warning tattooed on your forehead, "Warning: this guy is bad for you."

Old 06-14-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjason View Post
"I don't want anyone to need me and I don't want to need anybody. All I need is me."

Wow, Mack, you're really something, aren't you? I think they call what you have a narcissistic personality disorder. I am surprised that people are being so nice to you because I don't think you deserve it. The most striking thing about you is your overall lack of life experience. I'm not talking about your ability to get some girl in to bed, thus making a choice she'll probably later regret, but, rather, how the tone of your emails seems so juvenile. I realize you may be of age, but you sure don't present yourself that way. You should have a surgeon general's warning tattooed on your forehead, "Warning: this guy is bad for you."
I don't see whats so wrong about being independant Jason, and the jokes on you -- there's no way that whole phrase written out would even "FIT" on my forehead -- pffff -- shows how much YOU know.

Last edited by Mack wild; 06-14-2008 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: add something

Old 06-15-2008, 02:37 AM

24 posts, read 79,283 times
Mack, no disrespect, but it seems your head has swollen to such a size unworthy of your maturity level that any marginally capable tattoo artist could fit that warning label on your forehead....oh, and they could probably make it small enough to fit your forehead even without your overinflated ego. Believe me I know what being independent takes, and you aren't being independent, you are being careless with yourself according to what I have read here.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:36 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,324,665 times
I'm going to make a bold bet that you don't even have a 4 yrs. business degree or even a 2 yr. business degree. I say that because I have never heard or known of a person who paid their dues to the club, so to speak, getting an education, sacrificing to get the education and rubbing shoulders with those who have the same who would ever, for one moment, consider not using it and settle for less.

I can totally understand getting out of your little rut of a town but I fear the big city will eat you up if you don't get more going for yourself than the things you write about. You must not play golf or any other sports because asking about them is never done. You must not like nature or be athletic since you have never asked about hiking, biking, running or boating. You must not appreciate good food since restaurants are never mentioned. You must not have any type of business plan since the most tangible you get is talking about "maybe" and "possibly" or "hopefully" you will connect. You must not have any bankroll saved up for this new adventure. You must not own any furniture or many possessions because that is not mentioned......just partying and where are the girls and buying drinks versus not having to buy.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
I'm going to make a bold bet that you don't even have a 4 yrs. business degree or even a 2 yr. business degree. I say that because I have never heard or known of a person who paid their dues to the club, so to speak, getting an education, sacrificing to get the education and rubbing shoulders with those who have the same who would ever, for one moment, consider not using it and settle for less.

I can totally understand getting out of your little rut of a town but I fear the big city will eat you up if you don't get more going for yourself than the things you write about. You must not play golf or any other sports because asking about them is never done. You must not like nature or be athletic since you have never asked about hiking, biking, running or boating. You must not appreciate good food since restaurants are never mentioned. You must not have any type of business plan since the most tangible you get is talking about "maybe" and "possibly" or "hopefully" you will connect. You must not have any bankroll saved up for this new adventure. You must not own any furniture or many possessions because that is not mentioned......just partying and where are the girls and buying drinks versus not having to buy.
This is quite possibly the most cheeseball thing I've ever read...I mean who even "SAYS" stuff like this??? lol.

You come trade places with me and live where I live and then tell me you dont understand why I am not using my degree, as for the rest of it it's just so ridiculas that I wont even bother to respond.

I'm done here, this has gotten about as stupid as it can get, even for Vegas (which has by far the biggest collection of rude, narcisistic, assumptious and snobby people on this entire site -- so I assume it is representative of the area in general and probably a good indicator of why other people bash Vegas, the people quite literally suck, LA people have much MUCH more class)

Last edited by Mack wild; 06-15-2008 at 05:29 PM..

Old 06-15-2008, 05:39 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,320,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack wild View Post
I'm done here, this has gotten about as stupid as it can get, even for Vegas (which has by far the biggest collection of rude, narcisistic, assumptious and snobby people on this entire site -- so I assume it is representative of the area in general and probably a good indicator of why other people bash Vegas, the people quite literally suck, LA people have much MUCH more class)
The people do not suck here by a long shot. LV has some of the nicest people on the planet. You decided to insult them all because they replied to your posts with what you didn't want to hear. I actually replied in a nice way, but you seem to have overlooked that.
When you bash all the residents of LV, you are also including me and many other great people. It's not LV or Maine or LA or everywhere else that is the problem. Look within, that is the problem.
And one more thing..you won't find your perfect place to live on a message board. Pack your things, move, and find out for yourself. And don't insult the natives. They are your neighbors.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:03 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,855,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack wild View Post
Hey there chief, remember what you told me about assuming things (although you got it wrong, it's "you make an ass out of u and me")? Judging an entire city based on the postings of a few people, especially when the majority of people were actually quite respectful and informative, is quite telling as to your maturity level (among other things you have written here). For the record, I am from SoCal originally and I can tell you that place can be much harsher than Vegas can be. Like I said before guy, you didn't hear what you wanted to hear so you got butt hurt and proceeded to bash our city before even being here. That being said, your computer in Maine gives you all the answers so I don't think anything more needs to be said. I'd wish you luck but you don't need it. Knock 'em dead tiger!

Old 06-15-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Hey there chief, remember what you told me about assuming things (although you got it wrong, it's "you make an ass out of u and me")? Judging an entire city based on the postings of a few people, especially when the majority of people were actually quite respectful and informative, is quite telling as to your maturity level (among other things you have written here). For the record, I am from SoCal originally and I can tell you that place can be much harsher than Vegas can be. Like I said before guy, you didn't hear what you wanted to hear so you got butt hurt and proceeded to bash our city before even being here. That being said, your computer in Maine gives you all the answers so I don't think anything more needs to be said. I'd wish you luck but you don't need it. Knock 'em dead tiger!
Yeah Hey -- Thanks. Your obviously a really cool guy man, I mean you just oooz total coolness. Im sure you probably really enjoy your life being a loan officer and all, sounds EXTREMELY fascinating. My only real hope is that someday I can be cool like you are. In fact If I ever do move to Vegas maybe I can look you up and you can show me how to be cool like you, show me how it's done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: