Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 07:26 PM

99 posts, read 416,882 times

Advertisements

I wish this thread would wither and die off...how about we all quit watering it?! Okay? Starting now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 07:35 PM

134 posts, read 385,379 times
lol. You guys are toooo funny.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:38 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack wild View Post
Apparently the rules differ in Vegas.
The person you responded to (as well as a couple of others) is not even from Vegas, so I think we can leave Vegas out of it. You've already started blaming you're failure on the city and you haven't even made it out here. I'm sure that he/she doesn't speak for all women either. However, as I've watched this thread deteriorate I've watched your attitude get worse and worse. True, a few here jumped your s**t, but if you want to make it out here you better grow a much thicker skin. Not everyone is going to like you, and there is a good chance that a few folks will let you know straight up. It isn't just Vegas, it's every metro in the country. You move to a city with 2 million people in it and it's to be expected.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I've been fair and consistent with my advice, so I'll give you just a little more. Your attitude towards women, as well as people that don't agree with you, absolutely sucks. It's womens job to find a guy that will let her put his balls in her purse? Where did you pick up that little nugget of information about the humanities? Archie Bunker or Al Bundy? What's wierd about it is at moments you seem to have a real grasp on life (i.e. casual sex or friends with benefits being about shared experience). That is a very mature way at looking at it, and plenty of people that are into FWB look at it exactly like that, with both partners being equals. But then you start with the negative stereotypes about women trying to trap men, etc.

I think if you want to make it in any major city you should probably talk less and listen more first of all. You might just learn something. I think you should pull back on the arrogance a bit as well. Nothing wrong with being confident, but walking around thinking that your the bee's knees (corny, I know) isn't going to cut it when you don't have anything going for you. There are tens of thousands of men out here that have much more going on than you by what I can tell. I'm not talking about money either, so you can stop beating that dead horse. I'm talking about something to offer, whether it be a positive attitude or just making her comfortable around her. So far I haven't seen any actual positive vibe coming from you.

Anyway, I'm done here. I think I summed it up pretty well. You'll probably come back all butt hurt and talk about how the locals are d1cks and the women are fake, but it's just not true. Too bad you can't see that.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:52 PM

134 posts, read 385,379 times
Quote:
The person you responded to (as well as a couple of others) is not even from Vegas, so I think we can leave Vegas out of it. You've already started blaming you're failure on the city and you haven't even made it out here.
I finally listen to you guys and now your mad? lol.

Quote:
I'm sure that he/she doesn't speak for all women either. However, as I've watched this thread deteriorate I've watched your attitude get worse and worse.
hmmm, not sure how you get that impression. Perhaps my attitude doesnt translate well over text.

Quote:
True, a few here jumped your s**t, but if you want to make it out here you better grow a much thicker skin. Not everyone is going to like you
I have a saying, and it goes like this:

"1/3 of the people will love me, 1/3 will hate me, and 1/3 don't give a sweet damn either way."

Quote:
and there is a good chance that a few folks will let you know straight up. It isn't just Vegas, it's every metro in the country. You move to a city with 2 million people in it and it's to be expected.
That's one thing I love about metro area's. People arn't passive aggressive, they are REAL with you and straight up. I like people with some class too. Yet another reason I want to move to a city.

Quote:
It's womens job to find a guy that will let her put his balls in her purse? Where did you pick up that little nugget of information about the humanities? Archie Bunker or Al Bundy?
ummm .... Al Bundy?

Quote:
What's wierd about it is at moments you seem to have a real grasp on life (i.e. casual sex or friends with benefits being about shared experience). That is a very mature way at looking at it, and plenty of people that are into FWB look at it exactly like that, with both partners being equals. But then you start with the negative stereotypes about women trying to trap men, etc.
I never said they try to "trap" men. If a man agree's to it then he should be doing it because he really wants to, not because he feels "trapped". Perhaps your the one with the negative outlook towards it. Just something to chew on.

Quote:
I think if you want to make it in any major city you should probably talk less and listen more first of all. You might just learn something. I think you should pull back on the arrogance a bit as well.
Any other tidbits of knowledge you can give me? lol.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with being confident, but walking around thinking that your the bee's knees (corny, I know)
Actually I have never heard that saying before. Good stuff.

Quote:
isn't going to cut it when you don't have anything going for you. There are tens of thousands of men out here that have much more going on than you by what I can tell. I'm not talking about money either, so you can stop beating that dead horse. I'm talking about something to offer, whether it be a positive attitude or just making her comfortable around her. So far I haven't seen any actual positive vibe coming from you.
Well I see it differently. I have been the one who came on here with a positive idea, and tried to defend your city saying that it cant be THAT bad and you guys insist that it is some sort of prostitute city where you need money to buy women.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm done here. I think I summed it up pretty well. You'll probably come back all butt hurt and talk about how the locals are d1cks and the women are fake, but it's just not true.
Now here is my lesson to you:

Never "assume" because when you "assume" you make an ass out of me and you make an ass out of you. I think I might have got that one from Bundy as well....

Anyways guys I gotta run -- my shift at the waffle house started 10 minutes ago!!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:14 PM

124 posts, read 476,412 times
The thread that never ends.... 10 pages???

Old 06-10-2008, 08:15 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Quote:
I finally listen to you guys and now your mad? lol.
I'm not mad bro. Not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack wild
hmmm, not sure how you get that impression. Perhaps my attitude doesnt translate well over text.
There has been a couple of things written that made you sound like, for lack of a better description, a young punk. It is just text though, and obviously context or intent (or sarcasm or any other nuance for that matter) doesn't translate well.

Quote:
I have a saying, and it goes like this:

"1/3 of the people will love me, 1/3 will hate me, and 1/3 don't give a sweet damn either way."
That's actually a pretty good saying, and certainly truth.

Quote:
That's one thing I love about metro area's. People arn't passive aggressive, they are REAL with you and straight up. I like people with some class too. Yet another reason I want to move to a city.
Well, people will definitely be straight up with you here.

Quote:
ummm .... Al Bundy?
Is that a question or is that your answer?

Quote:
I never said they try to "trap" men. If a man agree's to it then he should be doing it because he really loves her, not because he feels trapped. Perhaps your the one with the negative outlook towards it. Just something to chew on.
I gotta disagree with you on this one. Saying that it's a woman's job to try and find a man...etc. is an extremely negative outlook, and it's not necessarily fair to women. Like I said, at times it seems like you have a good head on your shoulders but then you will write something that makes me wonder if you thought before you responded.

Quote:
Any other tidbits of knowledge you can give me? lol.
I actually can't stress that enough, especially to young guys. I used to work construction, so I saw quite a few come and go. Although everyone of them was different, you couldn't tell by how they talked. They could not shutup about what they had done or what they could do or what they were going to do. Many of these guys were much bigger than me and thought they were the cat's pajamas. I just kept my head down and my mouth shut and proceeded to work circles around them. Many of these guys did not last a week. First point about said tidbit, put up or shutup.

Also, think of it in terms of a poker table. You sit down with chips. Do you start yapping and talking smack trying to put sharks on tilt (never happen) or do you sit down and watch and listen, looking for tells? Second point about said tidbit, you can't gather the info necessary to win the game if you can't hear what others are saying.

Quote:
Actually I have never heard that saying before. Good stuff.
I've got a million of them.

Quote:
Well I see it differently. I have been the one who came on here with a positive idea, and tried to defend your city saying that it cant be THAT bad and you guys insist that it is some sort of prostitute city where you need money to buy women.
That may be your perception of how it happened, but I assure you it's not and others will back me up on this.

Your original post made it seem like you had the impression that life out here was like a tourism commercial. We simply pointed out that if you wanted to live the commercial that you better have a roll. After you clarified I did so as well.

Quote:
Now here is my lesson to you:

Never "assume" because when you "assume" you make an ass out of me and you make an ass out of you. I think I might have got that one from Bundy as well....

Anyways guys I gotta run -- my shift at the waffle house started 10 minutes ago!!
I lol'd. I'm out though.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:16 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
daddy's - couldn't have said it better myself! actually - jack black mentioned the "bees knees" in school of rock... great movie

Old 06-10-2008, 09:22 PM

93 posts, read 290,474 times
Quote:
I see -- so I guess I will add your vote under category number 6:

I am shallow and discusting because I am single and dont want to be tied down.

Also in the risk of getting into a battle of the sexes debate, have you ever had sex with a guy that you dont end up getting in a serious relationship with for whatever reason? I bet the answer is yes. Did he "buy" the sex? I doubt it. I am just looking to find the right girl, just like you spent time looking for the right guy. There's no need to rush it.
No, you are NOT discusting. You are not even disgusting!

Old 06-10-2008, 09:29 PM

99 posts, read 416,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCenteno View Post
No, you are NOT discusting. You are not even disgusting!

Can we not let this douche bag bleed out? Quit watering the thread...PLEASE!!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:03 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
My attention was caught by the thread title... so I read every mind-numbing page of this, and my conclusion is that Mack is a devoted Tom Leykis listener. This is exactly the attitude cultivated on Leykis' radio show.

Sorry I had to chime in on this. It's like rubber-necking at the scene of an accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: