Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2019, 08:44 AM

153 posts, read 249,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
How many people say the drivers in the place they live are on average good drivers? Kind of a pointless debate, people just like to complain about other drivers. You will eventually get used to most of the "sins" of other drivers wherever you live and start anticipating them if you are actually a good driver.
I grew up in suburban NJ and it seemed every time I saw a car coming up from behind to pass at a hundred MPH, it had Pa plates. No empirical data to back it up, but I've observed different states have different driving styles.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:32 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,641,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas2019 View Post
i constantly shock myself and my pets!! I hate IT!!! I have to disagree with the drivers in Vegas: worst drivers are in Seattle; Vegas isn't that bad.
I’m not surprised. They were worse in Portland too, it’s a PNW thing. I know people complain about drivers everywhere but I never did in LA. I was amazed how good the drivers were. They were fantastic! But the problem is we mostly were stuck in traffic. When there was lighter traffic people understood how to merge correctly, drive safely over the speed limit but use turn signals, etc. Sure you see idiots everywhere but it was the best most skilled driving I’ve seen so far. Otherwise though, I hated most people I met in LA lol.

Old 12-13-2019, 01:14 AM

143 posts, read 98,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicKaysen View Post
Saw this right after reading about two pedestrians killed by cars in different parts of the valley just last night. You're not safe from bad drivers even if you walk.
Unless they start regularly jumping curbs to attack pedestrians, I'd think I was safe if I lived where I didn't have to cross the street on the way to Smith's.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:12 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,347,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
RT shuttle from Mesquite to McCarran $38 pp
RT Flixbus from Kingman to LV $35 pp
The St. George Airport Shuttle is $39.

Old 12-14-2019, 12:43 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,059,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicKaysen View Post
I grew up in suburban NJ and it seemed every time I saw a car coming up from behind to pass at a hundred MPH, it had Pa plates. No empirical data to back it up, but I've observed different states have different driving styles.
I didn't think the NJ-ites even watched behind themselves. Isn't it everything behind your bumper is the other guy's fault in NJ?

I mean, you guys can't even pump your own gas.

Old 12-14-2019, 01:12 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,059,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
Ok, but how is that different in Vegas than other places? People seem to complain about the drivers in Vegas quite a bit.
This place is nothing. A bunch of whiners.

Try DC traffic for a few years...

- Left hand turn from the right lane... Check.
- Right hand turn from the left lane... Check.
- Exit 6 lane freeway from passing lane in 1/4 mile... Check.
- Speed to end of on-ramp and then cut someone off... Check.
- Speed limit is 55 MPH... Should we go 80 MPH or 25 MPH?... Check.
- Left turn signal and turn right.... Check.
- Right turn signal and turn left... Check.
- No turn signals at all at any time... quadruple-Check.
- Read a book while stuck in traffic... Check.
- Do your makeup while stuck in traffic... Check.
- Talk on your cell phone while driving ... triple-check.
- Slow down to rubberneck the guy with a flat tire - double check.
- Does this cause tremendous backups for 30 miles, too? - triple check.
---
- In the morning, how long did it take to get to work - 2.5 hours
- In the evening, how long did it take to get home - 3.5 hours
- It rained during the evening rush hour - how long did it take to get home - 6 hours
- There was an accident on your way home - how long? - 4.5 hours
- It snowed, then what? - Get a hotel.
- There's 5.5 million people here. How many plows are required if it snows? - 2 plows
- When it snows, how many plows come to your apartments? - Zero plows
- How many people have to work when it snows - All of them.
- How long did it take for your apartments to get plowed after snowing - 6 days.
- How many feet was your car buried under when it snowed - 3 ft.
---
- There was a hurricane - how much ice did you save in your freezer - 0 days.
- How long will you wait in line for ice - 7 hours.
- But you have to work tomorrow? - too bad.
- How many days did you have no electricity - 6 days
- What did you do with your food - cooked it on the grill outside
- How did your Californian neighbors react - called police, said I was emitting noxious fumes in their apartment
- What happened when your Californian neighbors' hybrid honda ran out of juice - they asked me for a gas can
- Did you have a gas can - I did, but I lied and told them I didn't have one because they were *******s
- Californian neighbors complain about smoking on your own patio - zero ****s given
- They complain again - I told them to close their windows
- They complained to the management office - I told the manager to suck my **** and if it wasn't illegal, too bad, or she could suck my ****, again.
- Did you get kicked from the complex? - No, I was there for 4 years and the ******* upstairs moved out.

Old 12-15-2019, 08:05 AM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Thanks, I'll keep all this in mind. We're relocating to the West Coast & were stuck between NV & CA. I'd rather deal with liberals in CA than conservatives in NV, and Las Vegas sounds like a nightmare any way one looks at it. My friend keeps trying to persuade us to move there due to no income tax. I don't pay taxes anyway so...
Not surprised.

Old 12-15-2019, 04:59 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,657,027 times

Old 12-15-2019, 06:57 PM

365 posts, read 423,897 times
I mean, you guys can't even pump your own gas.[/quote]

Can't or not allowed to? Dem state so we are not allowed to. Lol

Old 12-16-2019, 11:32 AM

37 posts, read 22,667 times
I'm gonna go against the grain. I think people in Vegas are good drivers in the sense that they don't seem to get road ragey the way LA drivers do and Vegas drivers just drive their way around a problem (like a car blocking an intersection) without going apesh*t crazy like LA drivers do.

Still have to say, Seattle drivers to me are the worst. Don't let you merge into traffic even if they've seen your light blinking for 80 miles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas