Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 06:14 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,887,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
People talking about 10 or 15 offers on a house, sold in a few days, none of that is happening at the luxury end. I've seen tons of houses on the market for 100 days, 150 days, even longer sometimes. Nothing apparently "wrong" with them so much as they are just out of style. It'll take some money and creativity for the right buyer to come in and update them, but some are probably beyond hope so just need a buyer who still likes that style or at least doesn't mind it.
A neighbor down the street sold his modern house for $3.1 MM in two weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 10:04 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,742,521 times
He's probably talking about Portland or wherever - not Las Vegas - he lives.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:18 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,646,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
A neighbor down the street sold his modern house for $3.1 MM in two weeks.
Oh I'm not surprised, absolutely, modern homes it says are selling fast because that's what buyers are looking for. I wasn't really aware of that before the article, I mean I know *I* love modern homes, but it's not like I had seen any polls or research data about what other buyers are looking to see in houses at that level. I believe the article alluded to the fact that a lot of people lived in nice, expensive homes built in the 90s and were hoping to upgrade but had to wait until the market recovered enough to sell their existing houses, and that has put somewhat of an oversupply of expensive houses that everyone is selling for the same reason -- they want a modern home or something a bit more contemporary, at least.

Tek, no idea what your problem is, but I'll be living in your city soon enough, so give it a rest.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:09 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,701,611 times
Hi,

Which free website is best to get an estimate on a home in Henderson?
Thank you ��

Old 09-29-2018, 08:06 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,034,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Hi,

Which free website is best to get an estimate on a home in Henderson?
Thank you ��
https://www.redfin.com/

Old 09-30-2018, 12:13 AM

929 posts, read 400,379 times
Holy crap!! This thread is still alive since I started it in Jun 2018...

In other news..., LVRJ is not longer free to read online..booo!

Other stories of the day....,I'm so tired of the freaking political ads on TV, none of these politicians have any moral values.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:30 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,887,772 times
Why bother to watch TV? Turn the thing off. We live in the entertainment capital of the world; there is little reason to even own a TV.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:57 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,485,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Why bother to watch TV? Turn the thing off. We live in the entertainment capital of the world; there is little reason to even own a TV.
Do you spend half your time in Vegas and half in PC?

Old 09-30-2018, 02:48 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,267,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Holy crap!! This thread is still alive since I started it in Jun 2018...

In other news..., LVRJ is not longer free to read online..booo!

Other stories of the day....,I'm so tired of the freaking political ads on TV, none of these politicians have any moral values.
I'm tired of the tv ads, junk in my mail, junk on my door people ringing my doorbell etc.

I noticed also LVRJ is charging and I wont pay it. I'll just use Google to find stories I'm interested in.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:08 AM

929 posts, read 400,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I'm tired of the tv ads, junk in my mail, junk on my door people ringing my doorbell etc.

I noticed also LVRJ is charging and I wont pay it. I'll just use Google to find stories I'm interested in.
hahaha we are on the same boat sailing away from Vegas.

I'm tired of LV Knights and Raiders bandwagon riders.

I'm tired of the heat.

I'm tired of the beggars on the street asking for money even though they look like they could get a job.

I'm tired of seeing houses being built left and right.

I'm tired of constructions on our roadways.

I'm tired of rude and crazy drivers.

I'm tired of...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas