Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 01:17 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times

Advertisements

You're leaving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 01:37 AM

755 posts, read 399,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Holy crap!! This thread is still alive since I started it in Jun 2018...

In other news..., LVRJ is not longer free to read online..booo!

Other stories of the day....,I'm so tired of the freaking political ads on TV, none of these politicians have any moral values.
I still get it for free.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:09 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Why bother to watch TV? Turn the thing off. We live in the entertainment capital of the world; there is little reason to even own a TV.

I like having TV's. i have one by my desk upstairs. An old dinosaur one downstairs where I get antenna only TV which includes all the local channels. So I can watch the news for free a day late with fresh breaking news.
Some of us prefer TV's. I cannot watch TV on my cell phone, just too small. Case in point: A big giant dinosaur is chasing someone to eat him/her. On a phone, it looks like small dinosaur, so not the same impact as on a big TV.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:19 AM

32 posts, read 49,551 times
Quote:
hahaha we are on the same boat sailing away from Vegas.

I'm tired of LV Knights and Raiders bandwagon riders.

I'm tired of the heat.

I'm tired of the beggars on the street asking for money even though they look like they could get a job.

I'm tired of seeing houses being built left and right.

I'm tired of constructions on our roadways.

I'm tired of rude and crazy drivers.

I'm tired of...

And the 2018 "Cynical Award" goes to...YOU! Congrats!

And how can there be VGK "bandwagon riders" when there never was a VGK wagon in the first place? Same the Raiders. They aren't even here yet! lol You're an angry little elf.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:36 AM

628 posts, read 397,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfraser04 View Post
And the 2018 "Cynical Award" goes to...YOU! Congrats!

And how can there be VGK "bandwagon riders" when there never was a VGK wagon in the first place? Same the Raiders. They aren't even here yet! lol You're an angry little elf.
Must be a south pole elf!

Old 10-03-2018, 09:24 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,363,837 times
To paraphrase George Carlin -- "If you don't like where you live, MOVE!"

Old 10-03-2018, 10:48 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times
Er,

band·wag·on
ˈbandˌwaɡən/
noun
noun: bandwagon; plural noun: bandwagons
  1. a wagon used for carrying a band in a parade or procession.
  2. a particular activity or cause that has suddenly become fashionable or popular.
    "the local deejays are on the home-team bandwagon"

Old 10-03-2018, 02:04 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
Quote:
hahaha we are on the same boat sailing away from Vegas.

I'm tired of LV Knights and Raiders bandwagon riders.You will have that when you have a winning team

I'm tired of the heat.If i recall, you are headed to Texas.. you still get heat

I'm tired of the beggars on the street asking for money even though they look like they could get a job. They are everywhere.. get used to it... obviously a smaller town may have less

I'm tired of seeing houses being built left and right.Thats happening in most of the South

I'm tired of constructions on our roadways.Everywhere

I'm tired of rude and crazy drivers.Everywhere

I'm tired of...
Hey i am in Florida now, but i can say this.... There are ALOT of things that I miss about Las Vegas...of course, Florida is not bad either due to financials... but it does get boring at times....theres only so many times you can go to the beach, check the ocean, kayak, and go to the state parks.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:08 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,707,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Hey, I am in Florida now, but i can say this.... There are ALOT of things that I miss about Las Vegas...of course, Florida is not bad either due to financials... but it does get boring at times....there's only so many times you can go to the beach, check the ocean, kayak, and go to the state parks.
How's the dew point?

I'm probably moving back down to SW FL in a few months. At least winter is not too bad. Hope I'm not still there when it starts to get hot and humid and rains every day....

Old 10-04-2018, 03:34 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
How's the dew point?

I'm probably moving back down to SW FL in a few months. At least winter is not too bad. Hope I'm not still there when it starts to get hot and humid and rains every day....
its getting better... hard for me to get used to the humidity (I am 8 miles from the gulf of Mexico) and my allergies are back...

like I said prior, I miss Vegas... but with my health issues, if something happens to me, my wife is now 1 hour from her family and would have a paid off home... we are in the process of buying a flip, so it would be 2 paid off homes... (thanks to the hottest Realestate market ( Vegas ), we are able to do this...

Now in process of doing an eviction in Las Vegas, that house will be for sale by the end of the year...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas