Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2018, 09:00 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times

Advertisements

As much money as he had after the MGM sale, he needed much more to build the new resort. So deals were made. In point of fact those deals had already begun to unravel. He's in big lawsuits with his original investors, which started well before the sexual harassment story broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Apparently he doesn't learn from past mistakes either. After having my properties taken over by MGM in a hostile takeover, I'd have made damn sure I owned 51% of the new company.

God, please don't let MGM or Harrah's, but especially MGM end up with these properties. Stupid Steve. Stupid, stupid man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 06:35 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,842 times
Quote:
Apparently he doesn't learn from past mistakes either. After having my properties taken over by MGM in a hostile takeover, I'd have made damn sure I owned 51% of the new company.

God, please don't let MGM or Harrah's, but especially MGM end up with these properties. Stupid Steve. Stupid, stupid man.
I admired his talent and the people who he surrounded himself with on his creativity. (I got married at the Bellagio in its very early days.) I reme.ber seeing him in interveiws say after the MGM fiasco, he would never go public again. Hey good to see you are back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
As much money as he had after the MGM sale, he needed much more to build the new resort. So deals were made. In point of fact those deals had already begun to unravel. He's in big lawsuits with his original investors, which started well before the sexual harassment story broke.
Thanks for posting - very interesting.

Greed will take you down eventually. Some day your chances of screwing with the wrong person will come up all 7's.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:23 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I admired his talent and the people who he surrounded himself with on his creativity. (I got married at the Bellagio in its very early days.) I reme.ber seeing him in interveiws say after the MGM fiasco, he would never go public again. Hey good to see you are back!

Thanks for posting - very interesting.

Greed will take you down eventually. Some day your chances of screwing with the wrong person will come up all 7's.
This sounds all mystic and stuff, but I think he might die soon.

Yes, he was a horny pig who abused his power, yes, he's an exhibitionist / pervert, yes he has mob ties and is also an adulterous jack ass who left his best friend for a firmer butt. Firmer butts don't last. Good friends do.

But, I hate to see him go down like this. He was a visionary. MGM and Harrah's would not be in this dusty country western, libertarian hell hole were it not for him.

He's paid his penance, now. I'm inclined to cut the old blind bastard some slack at this point. I was disgusted to hear they were throwing him out of his home at the Wynn.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:31 AM

699 posts, read 2,219,216 times
Quote:
I was disgusted to hear they were throwing him out of his home at the Wynn.
Don't. He has plenty of money to buy himself a home.

Old 02-17-2018, 07:16 PM

621 posts, read 538,377 times
Quote:
This sounds all mystic and stuff, but I think he might die soon.

Yes, he was a horny pig who abused his power, yes, he's an exhibitionist / pervert, yes he has mob ties and is also an adulterous jack ass who left his best friend for a firmer butt. Firmer butts don't last. Good friends do.

But, I hate to see him go down like this. He was a visionary. MGM and Harrah's would not be in this dusty country western, libertarian hell hole were it not for him.

He's paid his penance, now. I'm inclined to cut the old blind bastard some slack at this point. I was disgusted to hear they were throwing him out of his home at the Wynn.
I'm just hoping his ouster doesn't affect the north strip development his company has planned.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:42 PM

I'm wondering if, with him gone, the company will go up for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpypotpie View Post
I'm just hoping his ouster doesn't affect the north strip development his company has planned.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:50 PM

85 posts, read 87,329 times
With Wynn stepping down will this have a negative effect on all the projects Wynn has projected for Vegas? Mainly the Paradise Park and the new hotel for the recently purchased new Frontier site? Some many positive things happening on the northern part of the strip and would hate to see it all derailed.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:00 PM

727 posts, read 1,056,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNHL View Post
With Wynn stepping down will this have a negative effect on all the projects Wynn has projected for Vegas? Mainly the Paradise Park and the new hotel for the recently purchased new Frontier site? Some many positive things happening on the northern part of the strip and would hate to see it all derailed.
Who knows. Say what you want about Wynn he was the visionary. As someone else mentioned there is a real possibility of the sale of the company either as a whole or in pieces.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:35 PM

With him out, I wonder what Elaine''s status in the company is right now?

Old 02-20-2018, 12:25 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,842 times
There's a pic on line where they took Wynn of the side of the hotel and put Elaine's name up there. LOL

Can't get it to copy and paste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: