Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:01 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,478,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Now that is interesting sheriff. I lived in Vancouver for a while before coming to this cesspool and we were a victim of what the RCMP called "Cat Burglars". They helped themselves around the house while we slept. The thought of knowing some one was in your home looking at you while you slept is not something you will soon forget.

The one mistake we made the RCMP said was that she left her purse on the kitchen table. So anyone looking in the window would see it. They pryed open the sliding window, took their shoes off because it was raining outside (it was always raining outside) and just tippy toed around inside. They even took the car keys, went outside and opened up the car, took what they wanted and get this.....came back into the house and hung the keys back up on the key rack.

Im talking 10 years ago now. I dont know if things changed much but in America they just shoot you. Canada is not as violent. These were polite burglars who could just as easily have murdered us in our sleep. I think if this same exact situation happened in this country the outcome would have been different.
That's how the Dr.'s family (wife and two daughters) got killed in Connecticut last summer. Those two low lifes liked to enter the homes of a sleeping family and "listen to them sleeping" and walk around, take things and leave.

One of the most horrific stories I've ever seen..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 12:50 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,334,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Now that is interesting sheriff. I lived in Vancouver for a while before coming to this cesspool and we were a victim of what the RCMP called "Cat Burglars". They helped themselves around the house while we slept. The thought of knowing some one was in your home looking at you while you slept is not something you will soon forget.

The one mistake we made the RCMP said was that she left her purse on the kitchen table. So anyone looking in the window would see it. They pryed open the sliding window, took their shoes off because it was raining outside (it was always raining outside) and just tippy toed around inside. They even took the car keys, went outside and opened up the car, took what they wanted and get this.....came back into the house and hung the keys back up on the key rack.

Im talking 10 years ago now. I dont know if things changed much but in America they just shoot you. Canada is not as violent. These were polite burglars who could just as easily have murdered us in our sleep. I think if this same exact situation happened in this country the outcome would have been different.
I was the victim of burglary years ago, and the perps left behind a calling card, in the form of a big brown one in the toilet. LVMPD told me this is very common, but don't know if it is due to nervousness, or a statement of dominance. Very strange indeed.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:47 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,511,811 times
remember...dogs like to mark their territory.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:05 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,675,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
I was the victim of burglary years ago, and the perps left behind a calling card, in the form of a big brown one in the toilet. LVMPD told me this is very common, but don't know if it is due to nervousness, or a statement of dominance. Very strange indeed.

Yikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 01:43 AM

64 posts, read 205,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
They are probably just out all night and have no place else to "go".

Old 03-03-2008, 02:39 PM

122 posts, read 356,540 times
I once heard about a family that came home from shopping all day, to find their BBQ grill missing from their back patio. A couple weeks later it had been returned with a note inside explaining how sorry and guilty they felt and returned it with 4 tickets to a baseball game for the following night. They went to the game, had a great time and returned to find their whole house robbed and ransacked. It was all a con to get them out of the house so they could steal everything they really wanted. The cons had purchased 5 tickets and had a guy sitting next to them in case they decided to not show up or leave early. Everyone needs to be very careful these days.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:56 PM

18 posts, read 41,533 times
If it sounds too good to be true....

Old 03-03-2008, 03:00 PM

122 posts, read 356,540 times
Yeah, I can't verify if this actually took place, but it gives you something to think about. You're right though, if it sounds too good to be true...something's f**ked up...or however it ends

Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM

18 posts, read 41,533 times
First I want to thank "Bigkel" and "Buzz123" for starting us off on this interesting thread.
The information has been quite helpful (I'm actually making lists for my move). So again, thanks!
I wanted to comment on the whole crime tangent.

I've lived in many cities and states. Crime happens everywhere! We live in a country that's not perfect but bound by a single thought. FREEDOM
You have the freedom to choose from a multitude of options including the city you call home. Also we have freedom to pick our friends and our noses...
During my travels I lived in a very small town (500 people) and crime was pretty bad by most standards. I'm not saying crime is acceptable but I am saying it will always be a part of humanity.
Please remember we live a country with over 300 million people and the vast majorities are not criminals!
Ok, off my soap box...

Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,371,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
I once heard about a family that came home from shopping all day, to find their BBQ grill missing from their back patio. A couple weeks later it had been returned with a note inside explaining how sorry and guilty they felt and returned it with 4 tickets to a baseball game for the following night. They went to the game, had a great time and returned to find their whole house robbed and ransacked. It was all a con to get them out of the house so they could steal everything they really wanted. The cons had purchased 5 tickets and had a guy sitting next to them in case they decided to not show up or leave early. Everyone needs to be very careful these days.
Sounds like urban legend. Have you looked on Snopes.com for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas