Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 06:38 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,731,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Burger Brasserie.. just sayin'..

Nothing special. Another Carl's $6 burger being sold for $18.99 on the strip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 08:01 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,914,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I guess my question is to the OP on this thread. How was Fat Burger? I have seen them around and always wondered how the burgers are there?

I think In-And-Out is a big rip off for what you get and it amazes me that people still line up for this place. I guess people are brainwashed (including my kids) and just follow the pack.

I have always liked Fudruckers for burgers as far as restaurants go. Normally I buy my own and make my own.
They have stores in Ca where you can buy fresh ground sirloin. Not the grocery chains since most of sirloin or ground beef comes in a tube from a warehouse. Yes even the stuff they put on display that looks fresh.

So I'm still looking for someplace in Las Vegas where I can get fresh ground sirloin or ground beef.
We don't all share the same taste buds. I like their burgers and so do lots of others. They are family run and don't answer to stock holders, so they can control quality from within.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:49 PM

2,565 posts, read 2,748,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skugelstadt View Post
We don't all share the same taste buds. I like their burgers and so do lots of others. They are family run and don't answer to stock holders, so they can control quality from within.

That is obvious which is why all the fast food places survive such as Carls, Wendys, McDonalds etc.
In & Out has the same small flat patties. The difference is that it is not frozen which is a good thing.

No different then people who think Pizza Hut has good pizza

Old 01-11-2014, 11:55 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,323,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Have you tried Hash House A Go-Go? If not, I would recommend not eating for 2-3 days and then trying to conquer one of their burgers. There's one on Sahara next to Vamp'd, but it closes early (around 9 I think), and one at The M. Not sure if they have any other locations around here.
They are also in The Plaza and The Quad. I go to the one at The Plaza every time I am in town. It's my fave place to eat downtown.

The portions are huge on a lot of their stuff. One visit my boyfriend ordered a tenderloin sandwich and it was the size of a dinner plate with a teeny little (hilarious) bun on the middle. He finished it and the waitress was stunned he could!

I love breakfast there especially.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:56 PM

6,386 posts, read 11,910,331 times
I'm sure the tastiest burger is at Heart Attack Grill, but most of us are too scared to set foot in there to try it.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:26 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,152,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
I'm sure the tastiest burger is at Heart Attack Grill, but most of us are too scared to set foot in there to try it.
I've been there several times. It's a fun place to visit for the experience, but the food is definitely nothing special.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:25 AM

700 posts, read 1,331,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
When I worked in Irvine years ago, we would eat at In & Out 2x per week, despite the 15 minute waits.

We went on the last visit to Las Vegas and my reaction was "nice burger, but nothing memorable". Certainly, it beats McDonalds or Burger king but you can certainly do better at the same price.
I remember 20ish or so years ago when in n out was mostly a socal thing. I think the fact that they have expanded so much is why the burgers or the experience are no longer memorable. Theyre almost at every exit between here and LA. You can get it quite easily in many places in AZ and they even have a couple of locations in Dallas. So while they dont answer to stock holders, they have expanded a bit too quickly and watered down the taste and experience. I now prefer 5 guys for my mass produced fast food burger experience.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:26 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,133,496 times
Heart attack grill is awesome, for the experience. The burgers were good but not great.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:27 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,790,596 times
We went to Fat Boy Burger yesterday. VERY good burger. Tasted like a homemade diner burger on a butter crisped bun, shredded lettuce, perfectly seasoned beef. Able, the cook even upgraded my husband to a 1/2 pound!! Because we had never tried them before. A patron was singing praise as we were ordering. He said he didn't even live in the area but he and his wife make the effort to come over at least once a month. Wow. My husband liked it more than I did but it was very good.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:03 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,731,374 times
Twenty years ago the list was pretty small to get a good burger in the valley. You had the lunch counter at Whitecross drugstore. Dannys Slot County bar and grill and the coffee shop at Binions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas