Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,506,841 times

Advertisements

^^^^^ NOPE...a ONE post wonder! And the very first at that!:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/members/crazyjon-7.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,195,560 times
Sometimes the old threads can still be useful to newer members and saves us from repeating ourselves.

Or.. maybe I should start checking original post date before responding

Old 11-16-2012, 06:12 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,472,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
See if the Trans-Siberian Orchestra is performing during the holidays. I took my family there for part of their Christmas present one year (when we lived there) and it was hilarious to watch them go from "omg mom's making us go to an orchestra symphony" to "OMG MOM THIS IS GREAT!"

We also used to go up the Mt. Charleston after opening presents. Take a camp stove, water and hot choc. mix, and tea bags. Stand by car and make non-stop cups of steaming drinks while kids slide around in the snow. those were the days.

Cowboy Christmas, now that's when I said OMG because it was my favorite thing at the holidays. Your mileage may vary if you weren't raised on a cattle ranch.
TSO was here way too early last year. Our family really likes that orchestra too. If you watch the HBO series, "Tremé", the young lady that plays the fiddle was first chair(?) on TSO.

I think we went to Cowboy Christmas years ago when it wasn't that big of a deal. Guess we'll have to take another look.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z View Post
I lived in LV for 19 years and never knew they had so many nice attractions for Christmas!
One of the many services we at Buzz.com provides.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
But now you do, so no head smacking is in order.

I really enjoy the Opportunity Village displays at Christmastime. I'm a sucker for funnel cakes and hot chocolate, and I really like the creativity that many put into their displays.

I have also seen the boats out at Lake Mead. Very pretty. Bring a coat.

I'm sure the Springs Preserve will also do something cool next month. (Can you believe that it's going to be December next month?)
I might go back to the Springs Preserve Christmas thingy, but the first year it was a little lame. Stood in line for a loooong time for the buggy ride. Something to do though.

The other local tradition, as it is everywhere, is to drive around town and look at the homes that go overboard. The RJ usually publishes a list of the better ones.

Wish we had the tradition started in Albuquerque or Santa Fe, NM, of zillions of luminarias/farolitos on every flat surface. (Alb uses the term luminaria; Santa Fe says they are farolitos. Farolito is a small light and luminaria is a bonfire I believe). Anyway, the boys at the local labor pool get lots of work on Christmas eve putting those things up and lighting them.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:37 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,230,962 times
remember the days BEFORE they gated Rancho circle........they decorated all the houses in there....also the olde DI country club when you could just drive thru

Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 PM

280 posts, read 574,888 times
Not sure/didn't see it mentioned but the Speedway has a huge lighting display. The time we went it actually snowed while we were there. Great to see if your on that side of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas