Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 04:21 AM

11 posts, read 40,669 times

Advertisements

Hello ,
I am visting Vegas with family. Can some guide me on shows and things to do in Vegas.

I have booked a hotel on strip street. Is there a need of renting a car o taxi will work .If I am renting a car should I do a online booking or I should rent a car form Airport.

Also advise me on which shuttle service i should use from airport to hotel ??

please advise on clothing in regards to weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 04:35 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
As for family things to do in Vegas, go to Ethel M's chocolate factory.

I don't know the ages of the children, so more information would be helpful.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:46 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa View Post
Hello ,
I am visting Vegas with family. Can some guide me on shows and things to do in Vegas.

I have booked a hotel on strip street. Is there a need of renting a car o taxi will work .If I am renting a car should I do a online booking or I should rent a car form Airport.

1. If you have young kids, Mystere is a great show for the family. If you have teenager, I'd recommend KA or Le Reve, both are great shows too. I prefer them over Mystere.

2. Which hotel? Most strip hotels do not require a car. However, if you're staying at Stratosphere, Sahara or Circus Circus...renting a car would probably be cheaper than taxis constantly. I'd use Enterprise, you can book online at their LAS location. You should be able to get a full size for around $20 per day.

3. Take a taxi from the airport to the strip.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:48 AM

351 posts, read 837,382 times
Hopefully your hotel is mid-strip, then you absolutely don't want a rental car. Just wear good walking shoes & you'll have a fantastic time exploring. If you have more than 2 people the taxi from the airport probably won't be more expensive than a shuttle. If you do take a shuttle don't worry about which service, just go down to the shuttle area & pay at the booth.

Be sure to see the Bellagio fountains & the gardens at the Bellagio by the lobby. Might as well catch the world's largest chocolate fountain while you're there. If you make it to The Palazzo check out their 2 story waterfall area with cranberry pool-a favorite of mine.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:42 AM

103 posts, read 205,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
As for family things to do in Vegas, go to Ethel M's chocolate factory.

I don't know the ages of the children, so more information would be helpful.
There's always something good on Las Vegas TV!

Old 11-25-2010, 05:35 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,402,645 times
The days are mild but nights can get downright chilly so, jeans, sweaters, jackets are in order.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

1. If you have young kids, Mystere is a great show for the family. If you have teenager, I'd recommend KA or Le Reve, both are great shows too. I prefer them over Mystere.

2. Which hotel? Most strip hotels do not require a car. However, if you're staying at Stratosphere, Sahara or Circus Circus...renting a car would probably be cheaper than taxis constantly. I'd use Enterprise, you can book online at their LAS location. You should be able to get a full size for around $20 per day.

3. Take a taxi from the airport to the strip.
The Deuce is cheap. All day $6. When I am there we use it. I only rent a car to go to Primm or to Summerlin.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havreman View Post
There's always something good on Las Vegas TV!
Oh?? So they are not showing non stop 24/7 Reid vs Angle commercials still?? I even think I saw a rerun of All In The Family where Mike and Gloria were supporting Reid and Archie was supporting Angle!

Old 11-25-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa View Post
Hello ,

Mystere and the circus at Circus Circus and any of the magicians are good. Also let the kids ride the roller coaster at New York New York and the rides on top of the Stratosphere. You can ride any of the shuttles from McCarren. Grayline is probably the biggest of them. Cheaper yet is the RTC bus that the locals use but it takes a transfer and an hour but it is only a few dollars compared to $12 and up on the shuttles. The quickest and most expensive way is taxi. The weather is mild in the day and cool to cold after sunset this time of the year. Bring a jacket or coat for after dark.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:40 AM

103 posts, read 205,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Oh?? So they are not showing non stop 24/7 Reid vs Angle commercials still?? I even think I saw a rerun of All In The Family where Mike and Gloria were supporting Reid and Archie was supporting Angle!
Ya see! I told you so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas