Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 06:29 PM

8 posts, read 22,314 times
If you hate Vegas then don't go to Reno!! Homlessness everywhere. Prostitutes are everywhere, and its legal. Rude people inhabit the entire city. I thought vegas was an awful place until I moved to Reno. Las Vegas actually isnt bad...you dont have to pay for parking, there is always somewhere fun to go, and if you live in the right neighborhoods, the people arent so bad. I'm sure it's different for everyone but once I left vegas, I realized how great it was

Old 09-13-2009, 06:31 PM

8 posts, read 22,314 times
Also, education isnt too bad if you go to a magnet school. I went to a magnet school for math and science, graduated salutatorian, and was one of the only college freshman to go straight to calculus 3. If you are intelligent, there is a good magnet school in the city where you can earn a quality education

Old 09-13-2009, 06:55 PM

369 posts, read 1,095,673 times
Default My first post ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianhost1 View Post
If you hate Vegas then don't go to Reno!! Homlessness everywhere. Prostitutes are everywhere, and its legal. Rude people inhabit the entire city. I thought vegas was an awful place until I moved to Reno. Las Vegas actually isnt bad...you dont have to pay for parking, there is always somewhere fun to go, and if you live in the right neighborhoods, the people arent so bad. I'm sure it's different for everyone but once I left vegas, I realized how great it was
I felt so strongly about this post that I had to register for my own account. I have been looking at the forums on Vegas for only a couple of days now because I have applied for a job there. The thought of moving absolutely is dreadful to me at this point, but you do what you gotta do right?

I currently, however, live in Reno NV and love it here. I have to say, homelessness and prostitutes everywhere?? I'm not sure what part of town you're talking about but in the 3 years I have been here, not ONCE have I seen a prostitute, which by the way it is NOT legal here... and I saw more homeless people in the town I grew up in (Humboldt County California) than I do downtown here. You are always going to have homeless people somewhere in the dirtier parts of town no matter where you live. I know so many people that came to Reno from Vegas and wouldn't return. THat's one of my main issues on possibly moving to Vegas. Dont get me wrong, i LOVE it to visit, one of my favorite places, but that's cause it's vacation, on the strip.

I went down to test for my job 2 weeks ago and at about 2130 hours when it was dark and almost time for bed the temps were still heated in the 80s I hated it. I felt like when is there a good time to walk my dogs? at least in Reno it cools off to beautiful nights for bbq's and such.

I have been looking for good things about Vegas, and not finding a lot, including your post... I'm trying to keep an open mind, and hey I might not even get the job, but the thought of moving there is stressing me out.

I just had to throw my 2 cents in about Reno. To let you in on a little secret though, I pretty much think west coast/western states have rude people all over. Now, move to somewhere in the South... you're going to get a whole different perspective. While there are rude and nasty people everywhere you go... you won't find a more hospitable place than the south, at least in my experience. I would move back there in a HEART BEAT if the pay was in the least bit comparable to places here...

Old 09-13-2009, 07:06 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdeOjos5 View Post
I felt so strongly about this post that I had to register for my own account. I have been looking at the forums on Vegas for only a couple of days now because I have applied for a job there. The thought of moving absolutely is dreadful to me at this point, but you do what you gotta do right?

I currently, however, live in Reno NV and love it here. I have to say, homelessness and prostitutes everywhere?? I'm not sure what part of town you're talking about but in the 3 years I have been here, not ONCE have I seen a prostitute, which by the way it is NOT legal here... and I saw more homeless people in the town I grew up in (Humboldt County California) than I do downtown here. You are always going to have homeless people somewhere in the dirtier parts of town no matter where you live. I know so many people that came to Reno from Vegas and wouldn't return. THat's one of my main issues on possibly moving to Vegas. Dont get me wrong, i LOVE it to visit, one of my favorite places, but that's cause it's vacation, on the strip.

I went down to test for my job 2 weeks ago and at about 2130 hours when it was dark and almost time for bed the temps were still heated in the 80s I hated it. I felt like when is there a good time to walk my dogs? at least in Reno it cools off to beautiful nights for bbq's and such.

I have been looking for good things about Vegas, and not finding a lot, including your post... I'm trying to keep an open mind, and hey I might not even get the job, but the thought of moving there is stressing me out.

I just had to throw my 2 cents in about Reno. To let you in on a little secret though, I pretty much think west coast/western states have rude people all over. Now, move to somewhere in the South... you're going to get a whole different perspective. While there are rude and nasty people everywhere you go... you won't find a more hospitable place than the south, at least in my experience. I would move back there in a HEART BEAT if the pay was in the least bit comparable to places here...
I originally moved to Reno. I only stayed for a month and left. My roommates told me I would be back. That was 3 and a half years ago.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:25 PM

369 posts, read 1,095,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I originally moved to Reno. I only stayed for a month and left. My roommates told me I would be back. That was 3 and a half years ago.
okay, did you move from Vegas to Reno and back to Vegas?
and are you going to give me the pros of living in Vegas to help me out??

Old 09-13-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdeOjos5 View Post
okay, did you move from Vegas to Reno and back to Vegas?
and are you going to give me the pros of living in Vegas to help me out??
I was born and raised in Phoenix,, where I lived most of my life. I originally moved to Vegas in 2005, and became broke with no where to live. I came back to Phoenix, and started saving again. I decided to go to Reno instead. I moved to Reno at the end of March of 2006. I did like Reno, but I could not find work, and I did not like the cold weather. It was actually snowing in April. After a month, I knew it was not for me. I was heading back to Phoenix, but I ended up staying the night in Vegas on the way home, and decided to move here instead. I personally love Vegas as it has a better nightlife than either Phoenix or Reno. The winter is also nicer than Reno. Reno has a better summer though. Vegas is about 6 or 7 times larger so the shopping experience is better too. If you have any specific questions I can help the best I can since I have lived in both places.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:03 PM

203 posts, read 545,717 times
Quote:
I was born and raised in Phoenix,, where I lived most of my life. I originally moved to Vegas in 2005, and became broke with no where to live. I came back to Phoenix, and started saving again. I decided to go to Reno instead. I moved to Reno at the end of March of 2006. I did like Reno, but I could not find work, and I did not like the cold weather. It was actually snowing in April. After a month, I knew it was not for me. I was heading back to Phoenix, but I ended up staying the night in Vegas on the way home, and decided to move here instead. I personally love Vegas as it has a better nightlife than either Phoenix or Reno. The winter is also nicer than Reno. Reno has a better summer though. Vegas is about 6 or 7 times larger so the shopping experience is better too. If you have any specific questions I can help the best I can since I have lived in both places.

Ya because nightlife is sooooooo important while looking for a city to move to.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
Because of the fact that you fled to Shiitconsin, and could not make it in Vegas, makes your opinion totally worthless. Seriously, get on the Wisconsin board now, because you only make an ass of yourself here anymore.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:26 PM

12 posts, read 87,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
If you enjoy interacting socially, then yes it is. For a closeted keyboard jockey like yourself, it might not

Old 09-15-2009, 02:44 AM

203 posts, read 545,717 times
Quote:
Because of the fact that you fled to Shiitconsin, and could not make it in Vegas, makes your opinion totally worthless. Seriously, get on the Wisconsin board now, because you only make an ass of yourself here anymore.

Your name says it all .......you complain about soooo many things about Vegas work a menial job your just a sore loser a loser in life nothing really going your way is it? I mean wow what a nice comment to say about Wisconsin. lacrosse was ranked one of the top ten cities to live in more then you can say about las Vegas huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas