Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2007, 05:14 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,345,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
I, too, lived in vegas for a couple of yrs...86-89.....and it was fun and i felt safe. Had 2 babies while out there. pushed them around in the stroller...walked to parks. but i have been back there since then and i find it terrifying. i say that but i am sure i would feel that way about any other big city. I have to keep in mind that it is all relative to where ppl are coming from. some may find lv a safer place than "back home."
A perfect analogy. Las Vegas is not for everyone, the same could be said for Honolulu or any city in America. One's paradise may be another's hell. When one has lived in a more crime-ridden city like DC seeing the things that I see everyday, then it looks like Vegas is paradise.

Those who haven't gotten accustomed to crime think Vegas is a crime magnet which they are entitled to their opinion; however, there must be a rational perspective in describing how they reached the conclusion. Some of the posts made in this thread and others have just been bizarre, and since I have been in Vegas over 15 times in the the last 4 years just haven't seen anything to give evidence that Vegas is a crime magnet.

For me, it's perfect for golf all year round. Traffic is light compared to what I have here in DC and crime is miniscule. My house will be ready in October and we don't have all the billboards soliciting sex like on the strip. I'm driving out on Monday and get into town on Friday with clubs in hand

Old 08-18-2007, 05:25 PM

713 posts, read 2,719,547 times
just teasin u golfinnova, but how much crime could there possibly be on a golf course?

Old 08-18-2007, 05:32 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,345,785 times
LOL, that's good. Although, once in a while you do get an assault from one group hitting into another then a fight breaks out.

Good thing is that I haven't seen it in Vegas. Almost happened at my local course here in Virginia a couple of weeks ago.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:36 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,466,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
just teasin u golfinnova, but how much crime could there possibly be on a golf course?
Oh wait!
You have to look out for those ball marker thieves. Ha.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:37 PM

gee. u better come packin to the course. at least get one of those bullet-proof backpacks. lol

Old 08-18-2007, 05:42 PM

ball marker thieves? nah...just a new form of geocaching.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:44 PM

214 posts, read 288,227 times
its not just las vegas its just about the whole country that has become an endless array of tacky fast food dives ugly malls car lots and gas stations. its almost impossible to escape the petroleum nightmare where plastic reigns supreme.one can see people of gargantuan size and upon further observation the ocean of autos going to and fro just could not figure where to and fro was.well have fun in the zoo what else can you do?

Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,832 times
Default Bla Bla Bla

There sure are enough people complaining about living in Las Vegas. I wonder if they ever thought about moving? They should try Roswell, NM or some other dried-up, dead-hick, broken-down town. Vegas is a live city, 24 hr town that demands respect. Ya, you read right... respect! if you’re a druggy, junky, alcoholic, or/and gambler then Vegas is not a good town for you. You should leave… move on. The good people of this magical city really don’t want here. Make a living playing poker? What an idiot to think that he could make a living gambling. And how about the “over educated” lady complaining about the homeless? Lady if you’re that smart, fix the problem, or better yet, move back to “New England” and take them with you. I have been here off-and-on for 40+ years, and other then the traffic, Vegas keeps getting better and better!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:21 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp161136 View Post
There sure are enough people complaining about living in Las Vegas. I wonder if they ever thought about moving? They should try Roswell, NM or some other dried-up, dead-hick, broken-down town. Vegas is a live city, 24 hr town that demands respect. Ya, you read right... respect! if you’re a druggy, junky, alcoholic, or/and gambler then Vegas is not a good town for you. You should leave… move on. The good people of this magical city really don’t want here. Make a living playing poker? What an idiot to think that he could make a living gambling. And how about the “over educated” lady complaining about the homeless? Lady if you’re that smart, fix the problem, or better yet, move back to “New England” and take them with you. I have been here off-and-on for 40+ years, and other then the traffic, Vegas keeps getting better and better!
One of the best posts of the week.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:45 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,719,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obadiah64 View Post
I moved here from Connecticut. This place is a horrible place to live. It does not matter what section you are in. The people here are very trashy and uneducated. The cost of living is far higher than what is was in the Norteast and the jobs pay almost slave wages. I strongly encourage anyone to look on the Nevada Department of Labor web pages to see what the prevailing salaries are in the horrible, wicked place.

So when you here people says there a lot of jobs in Las vegas, they are right, a lot of low wage jobs. The average rent is $850 per month and higher.

To wit, this state ranks number 48 in terms of public school education. if you do not want your kids to be educated, then this is the place to come. Moreover, there are more criminals or criminally minded people in this cesspool.

Lets not forget the extreme racism that is pervasive throught out the town. most people, like myself, come here and are under the impression that the place would be a great place to live. But we never stop to realize THAT WE NEVER LEAVE THE STRIP WHEN WE COME HERE ON VACATION.

I challenge anyone who is thinking of moving here to venture away from the strip and see all of the homeless (this state also ranks the highest in this area also).

September 1, 2007 will be two years that I have lived in this pit. I am trying desparately to get back to New England.
I see this is an older post come to life.

I've lived in New England and got out of there quick as possible! Vermont is no place to raise a family w/ teens and New Hampsire is a place where school officials admit to housing kids til they turn 16 so they can drop out.

Maryland....teen pregnancy....just walk the halls of the high school...and I heard even Jr. High.

Georgia....that was a horrific place for teens.
And the courts are as crooked as they come.

Utah...well, that was great for families...but young adults...not so great.

All the things you mentioned were there in those states...but unseen. Snakes in the grass...if you know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas