Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 12:03 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,486,177 times

Advertisements

After reading some of Mediocre's deragatory posts, I suggest that those of us that have degrees wear those sticky name badges, which lists the degree we have, and if you have room to write, the school we earned the degree from.

So mediocre will be able to tell at a glance when he's out and about trying to fit in as a resident here.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:17 AM

16 posts, read 52,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
There's definitely a lack of education. Las Vegas ranks 50th out of the 50 large metropolitan areas for the percentage of adults with college educations. The few people I've met who are educated are those with professional degrees - doctors and lawyers. Seems like every other person I meet is a food server or performs some other low paying, unskilled job. The people I've met out here are nice, but they are, to put it politely, simple people. It's a bit of a shock to come here from a place like Silicon Valley, where it isn't a question of whether or not you went to college, but how many degrees you have, and which top-ten school(s) you attended.
I have 2 bachelors and an MBA and I am not a lawyer or doctors and I do live in Vegas. It does not really matter if the school you attended is in the top ten as most successful people never went there anyway. By the way the educational system in the US as a whole suck our universities compared to foreign ones lag (even the top ten).

Old 09-25-2009, 01:10 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,982,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obadiah64 View Post
It does not matter what section you are in. The people here are very trashy and uneducated.
I'm always amazed by the extreme level of idiocy that some people demonstrate when they say things like this...

Ironic, really.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:50 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,451,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenaforever View Post
By the way the educational system in the US as a whole suck our universities compared to foreign ones lag (even the top ten).
Uh, no. Our top engineering and business schools are respected the world over. We graduate more foreign born engineering PhDs, than those born in the US. People don't relocate half a world away and incur considerable tuition costs to attend lousy schools.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:07 PM

14 posts, read 44,502 times
I moved to Vegas last May, I LOVE IT here, I have met lots of people some have become close and everyone is so nice here. I have my local pubs and yes everyone knows my name. Vegas is much more laid back than where I used to live. Better drivers and just kind curtious people. I HOPE I never have to leave. People in Vegas know how to live and they love life. (including me)

Old 09-27-2009, 05:46 AM

203 posts, read 546,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Las View Post
I moved to Vegas last May, I LOVE IT here, I have met lots of people some have become close and everyone is so nice here. I have my local pubs and yes everyone knows my name. Vegas is much more laid back than where I used to live. Better drivers and just kind curtious people. I HOPE I never have to leave. People in Vegas know how to live and they love life. (including me)

Bwahaahahahahahhahahahbwaahahahah hes on crack.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:21 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,283,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
Wow, I at least that you were smarter than that. Can't you even read a profile?

Old 09-27-2009, 06:00 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,722,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
The only thing I don't agree with is the driving! Drivers in Vegas should be shot sometimes! Other that that, its a pretty normal post.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:55 PM

239 posts, read 642,998 times
Worst drivers I have ever seen. At least Bangkok and Beijing have pedestrian overpasses. Apparently one must only have 40 degrees of peripheral vision in Las Vegas to operate a car. Otherwise, many of these retirees wouldn't act so surprised when someone emerges in front of their car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas