Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 PM

717 posts, read 1,955,920 times

Advertisements

I've been known to be pretty extreme about somethings...love me or hate me: "I ams what I ams" in the argot of Popeye the Sailor Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 08:37 AM

99 posts, read 265,870 times
Default Twilight Zone Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Sounds like this is just such an "interesting people" community you refer to DP! Now we all need to meet up in the flesh in some Twilight-Zone moment
Hey dracul, I'm down, there are lots of interesting things one can learn from other interesting folks, see you in the desert,Joanne

Old 11-29-2007, 08:44 AM

Wink we are all unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Trust me Joannie......it happens on here all the time. Next month will be my 1 year anniversity (Dec 06) on City Data and i've seen and read about anything you can think of good and bad.

Just go with the flow.....

6/3
Dear 6/3, yea I do realize that, and it takes a lot more to scare me away, people sometimes say things because they sincerely want to help, for religious reasons or whatever,live and let live is my motto, we have to know our own selves then what others have to say just slides off. Although, I will admit at first it peeved me, then I said the above to myself. I think this is a neat forum, I have learned a lot about NM and like to share with all the people good or bad, like anything else, use what you like and let go of the rest, take care,Joanne

Old 11-29-2007, 08:53 AM

Wink World needs more "alternative thinking"

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaloro View Post
" WHAT ME WORRY "

I think we will all do just fine.
Like minded or not !!
Me very "alternative" but not exstream !!

Later
~ Oro
Oro, yea I agree, its thinking like the crowd that got us into this mess,(global warming, crime, greed, hatred, prejudice,animal extinction, etc...) also not extreme, but willing to make changes and trying to in my own way, start with oneself, try to see the good in others instead of always the bad, realize that we are all from the same place anyway. As I said, whatever is to happen will, desert is'nt for everyone anyway, Never been there but I really feel it is for me.We'll see. See you all there,Joanne

Old 11-29-2007, 08:55 AM

Wink Mr Extreme dracul the Popeye

Quote:
I've been known to be pretty extreme about somethings...love me or hate me: "I ams what I ams" in the argot of Popeye the Sailor Man
So be it, dracul, my motto as well, almost "I am what I am, like it or not"
Joanne

Old 11-29-2007, 12:15 PM

717 posts, read 1,955,920 times
Default dracul the clueless

If I fall down again on this ice I really will be dracul the Popeye!!! I usually try to self-inflict injury at least twice per week With the upcoming trek to TorC over the Holidays with a 22' truck packed with my very heavy trash I gotta cut back on self-destruction a tad so I won't be totally useless as well as brainless

Old 11-30-2007, 07:37 AM

Wink Focus on Perfect Health

Quote:
If I fall down again on this ice I really will be dracul the Popeye!!! I usually try to self-inflict injury at least twice per week With the upcoming trek to TorC over the Holidays with a 22' truck packed with my very heavy trash I gotta cut back on self-destruction a tad so I won't be totally useless as well as brainless
My dear dracul, now, now, we all know that you aren't clueless or brainless, so don't tell yourself that you are going to get hurt and you won't. When you get there say hi to the sun for me and have a wonderful, safe trip, no more self-destruction,Joanne

Old 11-30-2007, 08:34 AM

35 posts, read 103,965 times
Very interesting thread - just dashed thru it, especially like all the info on Las Cruces. But mostly feel encouraged by the 'just do it' attitude of folk here!
We're moving down there, so far our list is Albur., Las Cruces, Socorro in that order. The biggest thing is my wife finding a job [i'm an artist, so 'where ever' is good] , which is why Socorro is at 3rd, but we both loved that town - didn't have enought time in either Las Cruces, or Albur. So another trip this spring is in order.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:38 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,966,197 times
Your an Artist, I would think you would like Ruidoso, or Santa Fe. Well Santa Fe has a high cost of living.. Also consider Alamogordo. there is inspiration everywhere. Cloud Croft, White Sands, The Desert, the military.. and on and on.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:36 AM

30 posts, read 121,001 times
Thumbs up meet up in the flesh in some Twilight-Zone moment

Dracul ....good coment

Quote:
Sounds like this is just such an "interesting people" community you refer to DP! Now we all need to meet up in the flesh in some Twilight-Zone moment

Yes the TWILIGHT ZONE...

Like check out this way out kind of Twilight !!
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/timages/page/ArtCar112007a.jpg (broken link)

or for a different kind of way out information on this site Stanton Friedman

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/timages/page/Alien082406a.jpg (broken link)

I am just hanging, in way out ROSWELL for a wile !!
On my way to Las Cruces !!

Later
~ oro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces