Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 11:05 PM

18 posts, read 95,049 times

Advertisements

Joanne,

I appreciate your comment and in my experience and based on my research NM is the currently the most independent, sane and humane state left in the United States. I agree go with your heart or as some might say, vaya con Dios!

Jared
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 PM

I appreciate your comment. Warms my heart and gives me resolve. And to you, all the same and more :-)

Jared

Old 11-22-2007, 09:31 AM

99 posts, read 265,760 times
Dear nickey, We too, my hubby and me are leaving RI Jan 15th with nothing but our clothes, some important personal stuff, my computer our cat, our bird and abt 6,000 dollars.We plan to stay in a motel till my husband gets a job and then we can get an apt. I am disabled so I get a little from SS.We are doing this because something in our hearts is telling us that this is what we SHOULD do. we are very spiritual people, not any traditional religeon though, and we know that without change people stagnate, we are stagnating here in this smelly city, I am glad to see someone with the pioneer spirit, if no one ever took any chances there wouldnt be any of us here in the US.My best wishes are with you, you will succeed because you have the courage to try,Joanne

Old 11-22-2007, 11:53 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,025,129 times
With the great attitudes you all have, there is NO reason you can't make it. Life will give you what you want as long as you are willing to work for it. I think you will be successful with your moves, so enjoy and have fun.
Jane

Old 11-23-2007, 09:24 AM

99 posts, read 265,760 times
Dear chilegal, Thanks for your encouragement, and I believe you are right, I have a strong belief that we creat our own reality, also in listening to my heart and I think Jarod would agree, see ya in NM,Joane

Old 11-23-2007, 12:36 PM

717 posts, read 1,955,561 times
I like what I read here!!! My kind of people! Like many of you we are coming from somewhere very unlike New Mexico. We could stay in Denver Colorado with it many amenities and physical advantages. We could also continue to put up with massive air pollution, enraged yuppies with their inevitable middle finger salutes, frenetic overcrowding and concomitantly increasing sociopathic behavioral degradation, regular shoot outs in Lodo and metastasizing violent crime, spiraling political polemics, simmering inter ethnic conflicts and associated public poisonous vitriol, repellent rich boyz buying up any available beautiful land...dozing it...and erecting their testosterone sprayed 10,000 square foot monuments to cyclopean ego and greed; you know the place. ANY big city these days. Veritable Skinner Boxes of human aberration and instability...pretty much most of them. It's why we're headed for New Mexico, Land of Enchantment. Under the proverbial radar and back towards some sort of sanity with any kind of favorable luck and hard work.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:13 PM

dracul,

Thanks for the encouraging words and the entertaining comments :-) I bet you'd like the movie "Jeremiah Johnson." If you haven't seen it I suggest it highly. Came out in 1972.

Speaking of under the radar. How about off the grid completely?
I'm not sure its even possible anymore. But if I could find someone who could/would teach me to live in the mountains, even at my age I'd seriously consider taking that walk.

Jared

Old 11-23-2007, 05:33 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,738 times
I have a friend who lives totally off the grid near Radium Springs, 14 miles north of Cruces. He's got an adobe house and while he uses propane to heat, he's got a 30K solar system that provides all the electricity. It's neat and doable, but just like hybrid cars it's not cheap.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:34 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,738 times
I have a friend who lives totally off the grid near Radium Springs, 14 miles north of Cruces. He's got an adobe house and while he uses propane to heat, he's got a 30K solar system that provides all the electricity. It's neat and doable, but just like hybrid cars it's not cheap.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:21 PM

TKO,

Always great to hear! I mean there are people who have lived without money, electricity, etc. for a million years in this area. I suppose it comes down to how "ruff" one wants to live it, heh?

Jared
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces