Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 AM

131 posts, read 321,036 times

Advertisements

News Flash:

The MO side has all the interesting attractions, culture, color, relative vibrancy, etc.

The KS side (especially south JOCO) has all the personality of white bread. It is a soulless, materialistic and sterile part of the metro area and coming from the east coast, I have grown to detest that part of the area and rarely go there.

To each his own. Do not keep calling KCMO "bitter/acidic/trollish" just because he voices his (valid) opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 AM

1,662 posts, read 4,506,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonToKC View Post
News Flash:

The MO side has all the interesting attractions, culture, color, relative vibrancy, etc.

The KS side (especially south JOCO) has all the personality of white bread. It is a soulless, materialistic and sterile part of the metro area and coming from the east coast, I have grown to detest that part of the area and rarely go there.

To each his own. Do not keep calling KCMO "bitter/acidic/trollish" just because he voices his (valid) opinions.

Once again, for the slow people in the group:

Voicing a valid opinion does not make one "bitter/acidic/trollish"

But continuously, constantly, regularly and invariably bashing a section of the metro and its people, while repeatedly repeating the same tired old non-truths that have been met with logic and facts TIME AND AGAIN ... well .... that's pretty much the definition of "bitter/acidic/trollish", isn't it?

I can't stop him from doing it, but people do come here for information and should know not to mistake repeated bashing for actual information. If people stuck to talking about what they know, it would really keep the border wars to a minimum.

FWIW, you post above is also quite uncalled for.

Why is it so difficult for people to simply state their own preferences without bashing someone else's? You don't have to like JoCo. But other people do. So why insult them?

I honestly don't understand this.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:59 AM

476 posts, read 1,317,088 times
Independence is in Missouri

Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 AM

1,662 posts, read 4,506,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKC View Post
Independence is in Missouri
There is also an Independence, KS (not near KC though, it's in SE KS)

Old 09-29-2009, 09:20 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,274,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonToKC View Post
News Flash:

Those are your opinions. Other people disagree. I like the Kansas side (especially Johnson County) better. That's why I live here. Looks like many others are just like me. I personally don't care for urban areas in general, and Kansas City, Missouri in particular.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
Except he didn't run off at the mouth until you big started going on about things. He asked one question that's it.

You both run your mouths on the KC Missouri forums where you don't live lolololol

It's understandable tho. Sure KS has it's own forums, but just like IRL you want the good stuff you come to the Missouri side.
He runs off at the mouth constantly. And you are beginning to follow his lead.

We are on the KANSAS CITY forum. The Kansas City forum is not for Missouri people only. In case you haven't noticed, Kansas City is a metropolitan area that includes two Kansas counties. So we have every right to participate in the Kansas City forum.

Kansas City, Missouri holds little interest for me, for your information, but I'm not constantly bashing it like some of you bash Johnson County and Kansas. I hate urban areas and other than occasionally going to the Plaza to eat (mainly because there is no Houston's over here anymore) or going to a Royals or Chiefs game once in a blue moon (haven't gone to either for at least a couple of years), I really don't have any reason to go to Missouri. Johnson County is always full of cars with Missouri tags though. I think they like it better over here. I often fantasize about how much less traffic there would be if all the Missouri cars stayed in Missouri. And no, it's not just for work that they come here. They are at the theaters, restaurants, shopping centers, parks, pools and everywhere else. If Missouri is so great, why don't you guys stay over there?

Old 09-29-2009, 09:32 AM

776 posts, read 1,276,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Kansas City is in Missouri!
Right. And Missouri City is in Texas.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:36 AM

Nevada is in Missouri

Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 AM

Mexico is in Missouri

Old 09-29-2009, 10:06 AM

Arkansas City is in Kansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City