Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 04:32 PM

886 posts, read 2,225,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
They were not asking about KCK, either, they were asking about KANSAS. They weren't on the Kansas City forum, they were on the KANSAS forum and were asking about places to go in Kansas. I think they are planning on Lawrence and Atchison. Why does kcmo feel the need to go the Kansas forum to give "advice?" All he really goes there for is to bash Kansas.
I'm not sure what you are talking about on the Kansas forums, but if its this post:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/kansa...hould-i-2.html

He said nothing but asked if they wanted KANSAS or KC. And several other people already recommended places in KC before KCMO even made a post. If you are talking about any later post he made in there it's simply because you and samantha started going off just cuz he asked a question...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 04:55 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
I'm not sure what you are talking about on the Kansas forums, but if its this post:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/kansa...hould-i-2.html

He said nothing but asked if they wanted KANSAS or KC. And several other people already recommended places in KC before KCMO even made a post. If you are talking about any later post he made in there it's simply because you and samantha started going off just cuz he asked a question...

Old 09-28-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah roll your eyes all you want but take a look at it... his response to OP:

"Do you want to see Kansas or KC? Big difference."

What is wrong with that if he didn't know and other people were talking about KC already... exactly what is wrong? That he said big difference? Theres a big difference between wanting to see New York and NYC also...

Then comes Samantha:

"The OP made it clear that she wanted to see Kansas - the STATE. Amazing, but yes, there ARE people who know where KC,MO is and STILL think Kansas is a place worth looking at all by itself!!"

Then came you:

"You know why the trees in Kansas lean to the east? Oh, never mind. I don't want to antagonize kcmo."

If ya said nothing, there would have been no response....

Look just try and maybe one day you two will get over your extreme KCMO-envy... maybe..

Old 09-28-2009, 05:53 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,880,874 times
Thanks skrizzle.

I didn't think I said anything to bash kansas in that thread. I simply asked if they were thinking of KCMO or if they really wanted info on just the KS side. Very few people actually just want info on the KS side because they don't realize that most of what there is to see in metro KC is in Missouri. Somebody else that was bashing Kansas too, they mentioned the Nelson, so I chimed in.

Same with this thread. Telling the truth about Sprint and then actually backing it up and I'm bashing Kansas? OK. Whatever.

I have no idea why this thread turned so bad. I simply stated that Sprint has had problems and it not the company it once was and BAM. Then I stated that JoCo retail is oversaturated and Oak Park will decline (nasty or not Samantha, that wasn’t bash on KS). Metro North is going through a nasty state of decline as well. It was simply the choice of words I used. The demographics of the area around Metro North are probably better than Oak Park and they are still building upper bracket homes within miles of that mall. So it can happen. I don’t care if Oak Park is the most successful in the world. If you know anything about malls and retail, it could be 80 vacant within a mater of years no matter the demographics of the area around it and I think Oak Park Mall has crested and is on it’s way down. Don’t want to buy that? Then don’t.

They think I bash Kansas whenever I speak out and stay that taxes are not lower in KS, schools are not better in KS, The FACT that Kansas has evolved at nearly entirely at the expense of KCMO (poaching jobs) etc. I just tell it like it is and they don't like it.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:59 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,502,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I didn't think I said anything to bash kansas in that thread.
You never do. Even when it's pointed out to you. That's why I've given up on you and simply warn other posters not to mistake your bashing for useful information.

Quote:
They think I bash Kansas whenever I speak out and stay that taxes are not lower in KS, schools are not better in KS, The FACT that Kansas has evolved at nearly entirely at the expense of KCMO (poaching jobs) etc. I just tell it like it is and they don't like it.
The tax issue has too many facets to end up with the same answer for everyone. On schools, you are entitled to your opinion, I don't share it.

The "poaching" "leaning" blah blah blah crap has been refuted ad nauseum.

And each time your crappy arguments are met with logic and facts, you simply stop posting in that thread and start a similar diatribe in another thread. It's just what you do.

Again, I give up trying to present you with logic and facts. I will simply point out your bitter, negative and acidic posts for the benefit of others.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah roll your eyes all you want but take a look at it... his response to OP:

"Do you want to see Kansas or KC? Big difference."

What is wrong with that if he didn't know and other people were talking about KC already... exactly what is wrong? That he said big difference? Theres a big difference between wanting to see New York and NYC also...

Then comes Samantha:

"The OP made it clear that she wanted to see Kansas - the STATE. Amazing, but yes, there ARE people who know where KC,MO is and STILL think Kansas is a place worth looking at all by itself!!"

Then came you:

"You know why the trees in Kansas lean to the east? Oh, never mind. I don't want to antagonize kcmo."

Look just try and maybe one day you two will get over your extreme KCMO-envy... maybe..
KCMO envy? BWAAAAHAAAHAHAAAHHAAA. Hardly. I was born in Missouri. Now that I can choose where I live, I choose Kansas.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:45 PM

476 posts, read 1,316,023 times
Lenexa is in kansas

Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 PM

Poaching jobs? Why doesn't Missouri make Missouri business friendly to KEEP businesses in Missouri instead of Kansas? It's not our fault if businesses are drawn to Johnson County. I know in the case of doctors who have moved to the Kansas side, it is because malpractice insurance is so expensive in Missouri. Instead of blaming Kansas, why don't you fix what is wrong with Missouri?

Old 09-28-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:

So kcmo can run off at the mouth like he always does and we are supposed to sit there, on the KANSAS forum where he doesn't even live, and say nothing? Yeah, I don't think so.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
So kcmo can run off at the mouth like he always does and we are supposed to sit there, on the KANSAS forum where he doesn't even live, and say nothing? Yeah, I don't think so.
Except he didn't run off at the mouth until you big started going on about things. He asked one question that's it.

You both run your mouths on the KC Missouri forums where you don't live lolololol

It's understandable tho. Sure KS has it's own forums, but just like IRL you want the good stuff you come to the Missouri side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City