Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 05:10 PM

2,371 posts, read 2,759,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post
I would indeed enjoy those episodes, but alas, I shan't. My Beloved and I are rather frugal and only have broadcast channels. I'll poke about the www and see if they are lurking out there somewhere.
I think they are available if you subscribe to a service. I looked for DISH today and couldn't find it listed so you might be outta luck. At least for the newer ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 01:57 PM

9 posts, read 6,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally36 View Post
P.S. The Velvet Freeze was on a corner and opened out square at the corner !
Maybe already answered but Velvet Freeze had Western Auto Parking lot on one side and Bowling Alley on other I believe.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:10 PM

Default Long ago on independence square

Bikers parked across street diagonally from Katz entrance esp on Fri/Sat night.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:19 PM

4,711 posts, read 5,763,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wino1940s View Post
Maybe already answered but Velvet Freeze had Western Auto Parking lot on one side and Bowling Alley on other I believe.
Prior to that location on Osage street, it was located on the 200 west Maple block at mid-block facing north right on the alley. Some time after moving, the entire block area from the alley west to Osage on both Lexington and Maple was razed and converted to parking.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post
I would indeed enjoy those episodes, but alas, I shan't. My Beloved and I are rather frugal and only have broadcast channels. I'll poke about the www and see if they are lurking out there somewhere.
Hmmmm I believe I saw today that Android and iPhone apps are available for ID Discovery and that new episodes are available for viewing one day after the original broadcast

So you might be able to view Our Most Famous Femme Fatale's episode a week from today . . provided you and Beloved are not still frugally using the rotary dial method

Old 12-08-2016, 07:52 AM

3,324 posts, read 3,473,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post
Hmmmm I believe I saw today that Android and iPhone apps are available for ID Discovery and that new episodes are available for viewing one day after the original broadcast

So you might be able to view Our Most Famous Femme Fatale's episode a week from today . . provided you and Beloved are not still frugally using the rotary dial method
You ain't far from the truth! We pack a good ol' fashioned flip phone set up for voice calls only.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:44 AM

4,711 posts, read 5,763,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCHS'59 View Post
Prior to that location on Osage street, it was located on the 200 west Maple block at mid-block facing north right on the alley. Some time after moving, the entire block area from the alley west to Osage on both Lexington and Maple was razed and converted to parking.
After thinking about this a bit, I believe there was something else that moved into the old Maple street Velvet Freeze location after that company moved to Osage street. That followup company would have been there during the sixties before that area was razed by Urban Renewal in the early 70s.

I seem to remember a finance company occupied half of the old Velvet Freeze location on Maple street. It was one of those "18%" gouging loan companies of the time. It was not Household Finance Corp as they were directly on the square.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:57 AM

Default Denton Drug

Chocolate Cokes at Denton Drug are to be remembered

Old 12-08-2016, 10:37 AM

Default Hudspeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimlover6 View Post
On the note of houses that were demolished:

This poor guy (along with its farm outbuildings) is slated for demolition to build 2 new "Custom" modern homes. Its out at the intersection of Highway 7 and Bill Johnson Road (between 24 Hwy and Bundschu). The land and house were owned by members of the Hudspeth family, who were a pretty big deal in eastern Jackson County. Its not ornate, but its one of only a few remaining farmsteads in east Independence.

That house was the Bill Johnson Residence and Hudspeth home before that as he married a Hudspeth my great aunt and my Great Grandmother and Grandfather owned the Rock house about a mile south on 7 hiway....Great grandmother(Ida Hudspeth Lenox) was a sister to Bill Johnsons wife.
I have been told there was a hold on demo of pictured house but it mysteriously caught on fire one night.

Most of Hudspeth land was in the Lake City(north of Arsenal) area and north towards Missouri River.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wino1940s View Post
That house was the Bill Johnson Residence and Hudspeth home before that as he married a Hudspeth my great aunt and my Great Grandmother and Grandfather owned the Rock house about a mile south on 7 hiway....Great grandmother(Ida Hudspeth Lenox) was a sister to Bill Johnsons wife.
I have been told there was a hold on demo of pictured house but it mysteriously caught on fire one night.

Most of Hudspeth land was in the Lake City(north of Arsenal) area and north towards Missouri River.

The Pioneer Map of Jackson Co. which I purchased while at the Historical Society shows a Wm. Hudspeth just E/NE of Six Mile Baptist Church. Of course the Hudspeths are prominently mentioned in the 1877 Plat Book cited earlier by MAD as well as in Pearl Wilcox's book.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City