Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 7,995 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for any advice I can get. We are new to the Mill Creek Elementary School area as of a couple months ago, and currently renting. We like the country atmosphere, as well as being relatively close to St. Augustine historic district, and Jacksonville. We are looking to buy, but it is so frustrating not knowing the area, and the communities. It seems every time we think we have some good direction on local communities, we learn something or see something that changes our minds in a hurry. We have children attending Mill Creek, and they seem to like it, but we know other nearby schools are rated well also. The main thing we want to focus on is resale. Making a good investment is top priority. My question is, what areas/communities do you think would be the best investment choice? World Golf Village (any of their neighborhoods), Samara Lakes, Murabella, Sevilla, or single family homes not located in a development. If none of these are good choices, then where should we be looking? Nocatee? Palencia? Heratige Landing? We really don't want to be in a CDD community, but are open to any area that will at least hold, if not increase its value in the future. Thank you for any information or opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 03:21 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,737,128 times
If you want to avoid CDDs your options are limited if not nil where WGV is concerned. So would be a shot at Millcreek which as you already said is one of the best rated schools around. Your best bet would be to get a hold of a realtor who could steer you to a non-CDD development outside of WGV. But as far as suburban living and a safe environment for raising a family, I don't believe that WGV can be beat. That's my opinion.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:39 PM

16 posts, read 60,811 times
Samara Lakes doesn't have CDD fees. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but all of the other WGV area plans do.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:00 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,504,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liwo View Post
Samara Lakes doesn't have CDD fees. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but all of the other WGV area plans do.
I'm pretty sure you are correct.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 PM

2 posts, read 7,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
If you want to avoid CDDs your options are limited if not nil where WGV is concerned. So would be a shot at Millcreek which as you already said is one of the best rated schools around. Your best bet would be to get a hold of a realtor who could steer you to a non-CDD development outside of WGV. But as far as suburban living and a safe environment for raising a family, I don't believe that WGV can be beat. That's my opinion.
Thank you for your opinion. We do have a realtor, but it's just business as far as I am concerned. We just met them, so it's not like a close family member or friend that has our best interest at heart. We trust them to a point, but they are obviously trying to make a sale. That is why I like to get outside opinions and information from people who know the area or live there. WGV is very nice, and the only community that has CDD is Heritage Landing. King & Bear and Turnberry neighborhoods are HOA only. I have recently been pointed in the direction of Kensington, next to Palencia. Low HOA & no CDD. Do you have any knowledge or opinion on that area? They are building a new school open this coming fall. The Principal is leaving Wards Creek to go there, and from what I hear, some teachers are following. Some Mill Creek students will be attending there, as well as the Palencia kids. Thank you for any comments

Old 02-06-2012, 12:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,889 times
Also The Meadows In World Golf doesn't have any CDD fees and has really low HOA fees. The Meadows is zoned for Wards Creek.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 PM

114 posts, read 328,043 times
Worthington Park off of state rd 13 does not have CDD fees and has very few lots left (a plus in my opinion). It feeds into Hickory Creek Elementary an A rated school. The lots sizes are much bigger than any other neighborhood of its kind. I recommend a look!

Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,499,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinforahouse View Post
The main thing we want to focus on is resale. Making a good investment is top priority. My question is, what areas/communities do you think would be the best investment choice?...
I don't think that's a reasonable goal in today's real estate market. Robyn

Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,716 times
I live near Palencia and Kensington and currently would like to move towards WGV or 210. Even though they are opening the new school our area is kind of desolate. They have closed Food Lion so now one must go to WGV Publix to do grocery shopping. In my opinion Las Calinas and Kensington are kind of in the middle of no where. It feels like I'm stuck in between Jax and St. Aug so its frustrating. I have 2 friends who live in Kensington and they both enjoy the neighborhood but i do believe that there are a lot empty nesters as at one time homes were fairly expensive. And this area is zoned for Pacetti Bay for middle so kids will be in WGV anyway. Anyone have any reason for us not to move to Murabella?

Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,499,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinenicholle View Post
Anyone have any reason for us not to move to Murabella?
Moving from one frying pan into another until the real estate market picks up. Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville