Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 06:30 PM

3 posts, read 10,209 times

Advertisements

We are going to be moving to St. Augustine from Indianapolis. The move is going to happen very quickly, so I need all the help I can get. I need to know if there are any preschools near World Golf Village. Also,are there any dance schools or karate schools near there? Basically I'm looking for things close by for my kids to do. Any help is really appreciated. I know nothing about the area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 01:40 PM

37 posts, read 149,386 times
I live in MuraBella - across the street from King & the Bear. The daycare of choice here is Roots and Wings. Dance and karate? hmmm.. you will probably be taking a drive to 210 or to historic st. aug. Turning Point at Calvary (church) offers free karate classes and is right down the street close. I wish we had a dance school nearby though.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:29 AM

17 posts, read 91,951 times
There is a dance studio in the Publix strip right at World Golf Village. I think there is a karate studio on Philips that may be close enough as well, the Lions Den I think?? Go to yellowpages.com and type in your zip code and what you are looking for.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:26 AM

604 posts, read 4,620,775 times
The Mill Creek Elementary school has karate after school (private company comes in) if your kids go to school.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:29 AM

414 posts, read 1,862,246 times
There is a dance school on SR 13 in Switzerland called Switzerland School of Dance ·
(904) 287-6331 ·
585 State Road 13, Jacksonville
My girlfriend's daughter goes here and loves it!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:29 PM

112 posts, read 524,133 times
Root and Wings is one of the best in the area. It is a family run business and they people are the nicest around.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:52 PM

156 posts, read 710,921 times
My daughter also went to Roots and Wings last year and loved it! They have a VPK program that is free for residents of Florida, three hours a day, five days a week, it's wonderful!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 04:42 PM

154 posts, read 645,606 times
There is also Village Academy south of Palencia on US1 that is also a very good Daycare/VPK. About 10-15 minutes from WGV.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:28 PM

3 posts, read 23,186 times
I was appalled when I visited Roots and Wings! As a teacher and a mother I have high expectations. In the infant room we walked in in our street shoes while babies were crawling around our feet! In the next room up there was 1 teacher who had her back to the children for the entire 10 min. we were in there and ignored them while they lay on top of each other with no toys on the floor, eating cheerios off the floor. I wouldn't bring my child there if it were free!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,042 times
I was also very turned-off by Roots and Wings. I think that everyone thinks it is the "best around", but in reality that is because it is the ONLY around. The waiting list is miles long and when I visited they said that "eventually" they would get my son in, but he would have to go in with the children who just turned 1 year of age (he will be two). How is that appropriate age grouping???? I was severely dissapointed with the information given over the phone and in person. I saw doors propped open with signs right next to them that read, "This door MUST be kept closed at all times for the safety of our children". I also observed people seemingly just coming and going, letting each other in and out of the door while the front desk attendant never even looked up at the door. HORRIBLE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville