Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 03:01 AM

156 posts, read 711,299 times

Advertisements

I live in WGV, specifically Murabella so I can tell you lots about the area.
Murabella is only about 1/2 full or maybe less, there are tons of kids and young families, the pool is always full of friendly people when the weather is warmer. The lot sizes are 65, 75 or 85 frontage, and the depth depends on where you are located. We have a 65' lot, nice big backyard with no homes behind us, we LOVE it here! We have met so many nice people who are always willing and able to spend time doing things..it is very nice!
Schools have been great! We have three kids in the school system, two in the middle school Pacetti Bay (6th, 8th) and one in Mill Creek (1st). I feel the teachers care a great deal about the kids, and you can be as involved as you want with their classroom in the elementary school. I am sure there are peole who have negative things to say about this area and the schools, but we have been here 2 1/2 years and have enjoyed it very much.
Our CDD fees are $2550 a year, but our home taxes are under $4K so that evens out. Our electric bill runs under $100 during the fall/spring, and about $150 in the summer, not too bad (and we have a two story home).
Please feel free to PM me with any questions, I know moving can be scary, but I think you can't go wrong w/this area, especially now the homes are sooo inexpensive. We used a good realtor if you want his name let me know.
Hope this is helpful, good luck to you and your family!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 01:21 PM

3 posts, read 12,411 times
wow so much mis information out there. There are a lot of kids in a couple of neighborhoods in King & Bear. Apart from it being a gorgeous neighborhood, what you really need to know is NO CDD Fees. YOu may see bigger pools elsewhere in neighborhoods that purport to be part of WGV, but you are not in such nice a neighborhood and you are paying out of your own pocket for that.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:21 PM

530 posts, read 1,352,153 times
CDD fees of $2550 a year? I pay $1400 a year to live in beautiful gated community in Nocatee and get a lot more then is offered at Murabella.....and can be at the beach in 10 minutes. Am I missing something? Anyone who is in the market and is not buying a home in Nocatee right now, is missing the boat.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:50 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,737,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
CDD fees of $2550 a year? I pay $1400 a year to live in beautiful gated community in Nocatee and get a lot more then is offered at Murabella.....and can be at the beach in 10 minutes. Am I missing something? Anyone who is in the market and is not buying a home in Nocatee right now, is missing the boat.
What you are missing is that not everybody wants to live where you live. Nocatee is nice, so are many other developments. Stop pushing Nocatee just because you live there and want to see it filled up. That will happen in its own time.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:28 AM

530 posts, read 1,352,153 times
Actually I really am not trying to get it "filled up". I am content having it relatively too my self for as long as that lasts. I simply am giving my opinion as to where people would be happy to relocate which is, I think, the main goal of a forum like this. Having lived on CR210 in the past and knowing people and realtors who live in WGV, I feel I have a little insight into the area above and beyond just recommending my own community. If I didn't feel like buying in Nocatee was the right way to go, I wouldn't say so. When I lived in South Hampton I sure would not have gone on about why people should buy there as I was trying to get out. So it is a genuine opinion that Nocatee is a great place to live and for a variety of reasons should be at the top of current home buyers list.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:57 AM

118 posts, read 408,858 times
You have many choices in St. Johns County. I live in Heritage Landing and love it. It's a great neighborhood for kids. On your budget you should also consider Nocatee and Durbin Crossing. I strongly recommend DS Ware (Monarch) homebuilder in Durbin Crossing for quality and value. Las Calinas and Kensington are also good options if you don't like to pay CDD fees but still want a pool and some amenities.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:42 PM

5 posts, read 27,056 times
there are some 80ft size lots left in both those comunities, some on the lake and others on the preserve,
Mirtha

Old 06-30-2010, 11:04 AM

13 posts, read 70,042 times
Heritage Landing and Murabella would be the best for kid-friendly due to the water parks. Palencia might also be worth a look as it has a pretty nice pool complex as well.
***MOD CUT***

Last edited by doggiebus; 07-07-2010 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: Advertising Not Allowed

Old 06-30-2010, 11:25 AM

615 posts, read 1,713,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATR Sean View Post
Heritage Landing and Murabella would be the best for kid-friendly due to the water parks. Palencia might also be worth a look as it has a pretty nice pool complex as well.
***MOD CUT***]
We are staying at Laterra in WGV, so we drove through Murabella the other day to check it out. We were surprised that there was so much that hasn't been built out yet and looks like it won't be for awhile. There were also a lot of "obvious" foreclosures - overgrown yards, lockboxes, notices on the doors.
The rest of the 'hood looked nice, but if you bought in there and you ever had to sell, I'd hate to be competing with all those foreclosures, not to mention you have to drive by them every day.

Last edited by doggiebus; 07-07-2010 at 02:44 PM..

Old 07-01-2010, 06:29 AM

154 posts, read 645,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlauburn View Post
We are staying at Laterra in WGV, so we drove through Murabella the other day to check it out. We were surprised that there was so much that hasn't been built out yet and looks like it won't be for awhile. There were also a lot of "obvious" foreclosures - overgrown yards, lockboxes, notices on the doors.
The rest of the 'hood looked nice, but if you bought in there and you ever had to sell, I'd hate to be competing with all those foreclosures, not to mention you have to drive by them every day.
Basically you would hate to sell right now no matter where you bought......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville