Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 39,077 times

Advertisements

We're relocating to Jax in a couple of months. This forum has been very helpful in helping us figure out what areas to avoid in our home search.

We're thinking about buying a Dr. Horton home in Heritage Landing and wanted to know what others think of the neighborhood. Please respond...

Laura
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 04:29 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Default Heritage Landing- school boundary changes

Friends moved down the from Jax just over a year ago and loved it couldn't wait for the new schools to open. Now it seems that the school board is rezoning and D.R.Horton wasn't doing anything to encourage the school board to keep the current school boundaries.

My friends are selling their place at Heritage Landing, as the schools were the big draw. They have been driving their kids to Jax for school since they moved so that they wouldn't have to change schools until the new ones opened.

Sorry not to have more details- you might call the St. Johns County School Board for the latest info.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:52 AM

156 posts, read 710,896 times
I'm also considering a move to Heritage Landing, from what I've read and researched, the residents of Heritage Landing WILL go to the new schools, (middle and elementary) that are being built in the area. Is that not correct? I know they have not made a decision yet, but I thought either way they would attend the new schools since they are closer to them than the others. Anyone who knows, please advise. Thanks!!!

Old 01-24-2007, 07:35 PM

Thumbs up St. Johns School Board reconsiders rezoning

Here is a link to an article in St. Augustine's Sunday paper. It looks as though they are considering changing their plans. There is also a link to the school boad website in the article.

It mentions a final vote of the school board in early Feb. Why not send the school board members e-mails letting them know your concerns. Elected officials DO listen when citizens speak out.

Sounds as though they are listening to the voters. Good luck down there- it is a beautiful area and not a bad communte to Jax. Another friend (childless) has just moved to a condo in World Golf Village nearby and she loves it.

http://staugustine.com/stories/01210..._4350047.shtml

Old 01-28-2007, 10:52 AM

73 posts, read 264,965 times
Talking Heritage Landing

Hi all. We, too want to move to Heritage Landing. I've been trying to gather as much research before we go down to look at houses (we live in freeeeezing NY - LI to be exact). My question (or 2 or 3 lol) is how much is HOA fees? Also what is the average cost for taxes and HOI? We're looking to spend about $250K for a house. Any residents of Heritage Landing could PM me if they wouldn't mind. We are a typical family.....husband, wife, kids (ages 2 and 6) and 2 dogs. Does the community frown upon dogs? Also, my husband has a motorcycle...is that a problem? Those are my main concerns because I really like this area and would hate to not be able to move there because of certain rules....although, I think we'd learn to deal (with a smile ). Thanks so much for any and all input.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:02 PM

I think that every man over 50 of every economic level has a motorcycle!! And half of those under 50 do, as well. They must have passed a law or something!

And dogs are grandfathered in as children.

Welcome to FLA- you and your family will love it!

Old 01-31-2007, 06:42 AM

156 posts, read 710,896 times
jgennaro - I sent you a PM. Let me know when you get it.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:58 AM

73 posts, read 264,965 times
Does anyone know the exact cdd and hoa fees for HL? Also...if you buy a house for $225-250, what are the estimated taxes and HOI? Right now we live on Long Island...our taxes are $7300 per year and our taxes are $1500 per year. We don't live in any kind of community (actually the area is crap) and our school district stinks!

I long for that glorious day when my address has FL at the end!!! It is so cold here that my pretty little koi pond is frozen solid (all the fish are dead). To all my future FL neighbors.....can't wait to meet ya and have a warm day!

Old 02-02-2007, 09:57 PM

3 posts, read 39,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgennaro View Post
Does anyone know the exact cdd and hoa fees for HL? Also...if you buy a house for $225-250, what are the estimated taxes and HOI?
We were told that the fees total $2,230 a year. It's $95 for the HOA and the rest is split between operation and management fees and CDD fees (I don't remember the exact amounts but both are over $1,000). As far as taxes, our RE agent said it's about 85% of the purchase price. We were going to buy a new home from Dr. Horton in Heritage Landing, but were lied to over and over by the sales rep and main office so we cancelled our contract.

Good luck w/your move!

Old 02-05-2007, 10:37 AM

68 posts, read 324,061 times
we ALMOST bought from dr horton but i was turned off by the fact that i went there 3 days in a row (heritage landing) and the guy didnt remember me at all. he also gave me 3 different prices in 3 days!

if anyone has any info on that area, how you like it etc. i would really appreciate it. we are now looking at engle homes over there. thanx j
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville