Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 02:27 PM

467 posts, read 1,692,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutler7 View Post
we ALMOST bought from dr horton but i was turned off by the fact that i went there 3 days in a row (heritage landing) and the guy didnt remember me at all. he also gave me 3 different prices in 3 days!

if anyone has any info on that area, how you like it etc. i would really appreciate it. we are now looking at engle homes over there. thanx j
I almost bought a dr horton house. The plan was in permitting and we got to the point where we were picking out colors. when we first looked at the models the sales people told us we could have different color carpets for each bed room and we could use different tile in the bath than in the kitchen. it was after all a "custom home" when we started chosing colors they said we could only use 1 colr carpet for the upstairs and down and we had to use the same kithen tile in the bath. we sacrificed half our deposit and walked away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 03:17 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
DRHorton sales folks get more agreeable at the end of the month when they want to make their sales numbers.....may be a universal truth, but I only know about Horton. They get pushed very hard by the builder.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 23,038 times
Default Heritage Landing

The CDD fees are approx. $2450 annually on a new home. The HOA are approx $75 annually.

Moderator cut: ...

Last edited by Marka; 03-17-2007 at 02:06 PM..

Old 02-08-2007, 01:09 PM

28 posts, read 159,778 times
Default Heritage Landing - Middle of nowhere?

We are also relocating to Jacksonville and are thinking of DR Horton in Heritage Landing. We want a safe, family friendly area. It seems like it will be a 45 minute commute to downtown Jacksonville though. Is there anything else out there besides golf related stuff and a Publix? What other shopping options are around there (within 5-10 minutes)? For example, do they have strip malls with a Blockbuster, pizza place, chinese restaurant, etc. Or a couple of non-golf related restaurants. Any information would be appreciated. We have yet to take a trip down and check it out. Thanks.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:39 PM

47 posts, read 183,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinana98 View Post
The CDD fees are approx. $2450 annually on a new home. The HOA are approx $75 annually.

I'm new to this forum so please forgive me...but what are CDD fees? Are they only associated with new construction?

Last edited by Marka; 03-17-2007 at 02:07 PM..

Old 02-14-2007, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,290 times
Smile Reply

I live in Heritage Landing. It was the best choice I have ever made. I paid $250k for a 2 story 5/3. I think the taxes are around $3600 and the cdd fees are $2000. If you live outside of the state of Florida, I would advise you to look at the St Johns county tax collectors website to estimate your taxes. Other than that, DR Horton does pay your closing cost and the community is very family orientated and the value cant be beat in Florida. I let my dog run all around and I havent heard anything.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:43 AM

156 posts, read 711,227 times
I was just in Heritage Landing this weekend and here's what I found.
The development is further away from civilization than others like Julington Creek or others on Route 210, BUT, you definitely do get much more for your money, and you can see construction going on all around the area. I would bet to say within a year they will have many more stores close to HL. Now, there is a shopping center right inside World Golf Village that has a Publix, pizza store, chinese food, sub sandwich shop, and a brand new dance center which is beautiful! Lots more are coming, it is a great area to move to now because I think the houses will increase in value given it is so far out of the way right now.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:46 AM

3 posts, read 12,369 times
Builder agents are not the best representative of the Buyer's interest. They get paid for representing the Builder. Most Buyers do not understand that almost all Builders pay other real estate agents commissions to sell their homes, in addition to having an on-site agent. What this means to the Buyer is you can get FREE services from your own agent, a Realtor who represents your best interests. There is no extra charge to the Buyer.

Last edited by Jammie; 02-26-2007 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: advertising

Old 03-02-2007, 12:43 PM
JBT

2 posts, read 14,555 times
I just bought a home in Heritage Landing. A few things I learned...

I unknowingly used a "preferred" realtor. DR Horton has a list of them that they will give a credit for using. I got $500 right off the top for using an agent from Davidson Realty. We also got "back pocket money" as well. It was a special they were running at the time which was another $2000 off the top. Now they didn't tell us that until I asked if there were any other specials running. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I got an extra $2500 bucks off the price of the house by asking. The specials change every Wednesday. If you buy, make sure to get and sign the memo that entitles you to the best deal they offer up to ten days of your closing on the house. If the deal gets better after you sign the contract, you get the better deal. It is on you to call and check the deals, but with a little extra effort, you can save money.

The agents at Heritage were very nice to us and very helpful. I guess from time to time people have bad experiences, but ours was very good. We spent countless hours being very thorough about the buying process, and I reccomend anyone else doing the same. The agents worked as a team to answer all questions and were very patient. It's a big decision to make, especially if you are relocating.

We also had a great experience in the design center. You will have to go there to pick options for the interior of you home. It's an overwhelming experience, so be educated and take your time.

Everyone seems curious about the CDD and HOA. THis is what I know. The whole thing is around $2200 a year or about $179 a month. I got it all included in my mortgage payment. There is also a $75 annual fee every year in January.

I have been visiting the St. Augustine area for about 15 years or so visiting family and vacationing. I am very happy to be moving there. There area around Heritage is always under construction, so I feel that house prices will go up in the near future and conveniences will also increase (specialty stores, malls, etc.) There are great beaches about 20 minutes away and plenty of shopping and history in Old St. Augustine.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:42 AM

16 posts, read 66,984 times
Hello to all

CDD fees last year were $2109.
They also bill:
Waste Disposal $61
Waste Collection $97
Waste Recycling $18
on your tax bill

So your non-ad valorem is $2285 per year
There is a one time Home owners fee of $300 for your first year
and then it is $75 per year there after.

CDD covers the cost of paying of the bonds for the pool and amenity center, plus the day to day operations and maintenance.

Heritage Landing is a great place for a Family to live.
There are a lot of kids and a lot of amenity center organized activites.

Engle homes are ok but your all the way at the back of the place, If they ever open the back entrence it will be ok.

We live right at the front on a street with just 8 house on it.
We can walk to the pool as we are just 7 houses away from it.

I would look at re-sales in phase one in stead of new in phase 3 or 4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville