Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:28 AM

604 posts, read 4,622,424 times

Advertisements

I find this website useful in seeing homes for sale by subdivision. I am not a realtor nor am I affliated in any way with Krista Fracke.

Map of Saint Johns County Subdivisions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 08:18 AM

7 posts, read 19,874 times
Well after looking this weekend we did decide to buy in Heritage Landing! We are really excited and loved the neighborhood.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:19 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetefl View Post
Well after looking this weekend we did decide to buy in Heritage Landing! We are really excited and loved the neighborhood.
Congratulations! I think you will really enjoy the neighborhood.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:35 AM

27 posts, read 162,636 times
Good luck with your move to Heritage Landing. Hubby and I visited HL about a month ago and LOVED IT. It seems to be a great place to raise children (we have an 11 year old and 5 year old). We are considering a move to the HL development next year and would appreciate any and all feedback from current residents. Thanks to all in advance.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,503 times
Hi all,
I moved to HL about 8 months ago and have enjoyed it, we have great neighbors like Clint343, JBT and songgirl hopefully we can all meet sometime. Some things that haven't been mentioned in this thread are that we just had Pacetti Jr HS built. My daughter loves it and is doing very well. They even offer pre-engineering and 3/4 of the school signed up for band. I am in phase 3 I haven't heard of any problems in our area with the kids. We had some guy that was watching the kids at the buss stop a little to long and one of the kids reported it. What impressed me was that St. Johns Sheriff's department hit this house with there swat team in the middle of the night and deported this guy within a week. That impresses me as they take these reports seriously.
I haven't had any issues with the house. The only issue I had was an irrigation issue in the back yard and they came out a week later and fixed it. A buddy of mine moved in 4 doors down and has had lots of issues with the house wiring. He said the phone company had to come out and redo all the wiring for the phones.
We just got a CVS put in down the road and World Golf Village is putting in a huge ritzy shopping plaza modeled like Town Center in Jacksonville soon. I am pleased with the area.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:37 PM

9 posts, read 27,333 times
Hello. My husband and I just moved here from Tampa and we spent 3 weeks debating on whether or not to buy a D.R. Horton home in Heritage landing. It is a nice neighborhood, but something that really steered us away was the high CDD and HOA fees ($2,600) for a new or used home. There is no nice gym or nice playground or lush landscaping in the neighborhood. If you look very closely at the homes, they are not built very well like other builders such as RoseWood Homes or Providence Homes. Also, there are so many houses for sale in that neighborhood for sale, I don;t think the resale would be good compared to the ratio of what homes have sold for in that neighborhood. My husband and I decided to buy a house in Eagle Cove, which is part of Eagle Harbor, and is built by Providence Homes. I would suggest checking out other neighborhoods with lower fees with way more to offer in A rated school zones such as Eagle Cove/Eagle Harbor or Fleming Island Plantation. Good luck!!

Old 02-20-2008, 07:17 AM

154 posts, read 645,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTampaGirl View Post
My husband and I decided to buy a house in Eagle Cove, which is part of Eagle Harbor, and is built by Providence Homes. I would suggest checking out other neighborhoods with lower fees with way more to offer in A rated school zones such as Eagle Cove/Eagle Harbor or Fleming Island Plantation. Good luck!!
I don't live in HL but you are talking about a neighborhood that is basically in another area of town. I work in the Baymeadows area and a coworker who just moved to Jax decided to move into Eagle Harbor. His commute is 45-1hr each way. I'm to/from work in 20 minutes from WGV. Eagle Harbor/Fleming Island/Oakleaf are nice but may not be the best choice depending on your commute.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:43 AM

15 posts, read 68,033 times
Default Any Heritage Landing residents

Hi,

We are planning to buy D.R HORTON house at Abderdeen(castle gate).Please any one tell us about this neighbour hood?

thanks
srilatha.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:19 PM

16 posts, read 63,601 times
Default Heritage Landing

Heritage Landing is where the "locals" buy, county workers and cops, because it is close the Lewis Speedway Road which takes you to the County Admin Bldg. It's in a development district so you have to pay the monthly fee for the community. Other than that, I think it's fine. New grocery store is planned for Route 16 corner once you exit the community.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,199 times
Hi all, I had a wonderful experience with the sales representative at Heritage landing. I went there with a real estate agent and she got me a great price on a new home that we are having built. I love the community and the amenities. I looks like a wonderful place to live and have fun together. My husband's company will be reclocating to the Southside area in Sept 08. His commute will be around 25 mins which beats the 4 hrs a day he is on a bus now from NJ to NY... If anyone can provide additional information both positive and negative about Heritage Landing it would be greatly appreciated. We will be getting so much more house here then the townhouse we have in NJ now. We still have to sell in NJ but the nice thing is DR Horton is doing a contingency with us before building....so please keep your fingers crossed we sell soon....looking forward to living in such a nice community. Does anyone who currently lives here know the exact taxes on a home of $252,000? Thanks all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville