Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:46 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,216,432 times

Advertisements

why is there already so many homes for resale?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 09:58 PM

16 posts, read 66,984 times
Unhappy accident in The Landing

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I didn't know that Engle was raising it's prices. That's odd considering that DR Horton is lowering it's prices by about $50,000 so far.

BacktoFlorida, Heritage Landing is definately a young community. There are kids of all ages everywhere! This is great for our daughter who is four.

However, minor vandalism continues which appears to be the handiwork of some local kids. Also, a teen that lives here was driving through the community (didn't have a license) and hit a car, killing a young woman. This boy is still in the neighborhood.

At this point, I think this neighborhood has issues that need to be ironed out before I could recommend it to anyone.

Although this was a tradgic thing that happend to the girl, you left out that:

1 She was not wearing her seat belt.

2 The car she was riding in was unregistered.

3 The Male driver she was riding with also had NO license.

There was no reason for this young lady to die, but things happen beyond our control. This could have happend in any state, in any city, and on any street corner, But it happened here in the Landing......

But this doesn't make Heritage Landing a place of high crime, just a place like anywhere else on this earth.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:39 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,205,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinInTheLanding View Post

But this doesn't make Heritage Landing a place of high crime, just a place like anywhere else on this earth.
but it apparently is full of people who have little respect for the laws, who needs to live with jerks like that?

Old 06-17-2007, 09:43 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinInTheLanding View Post
Although this was a tradgic thing that happend to the girl, you left out that:

1 She was not wearing her seat belt.

2 The car she was riding in was unregistered.

3 The Male driver she was riding with also had NO license.

There was no reason for this young lady to die, but things happen beyond our control. This could have happend in any state, in any city, and on any street corner, But it happened here in the Landing......

I agree that accidents like this happen everywhere. However, this was just the final straw after a long series of incidents within one neighborhood. and to flip that car, the kid responsible had to have pulled out of the amenity center at full speed onto the main road. So I can't consider that an accident at all.

I don't mean to bad mouth my own neighborhood. My family has enjoyed living here so far, but I expect that these "accidents" as well as the 2 fires set intentionally within our community and the other more minor acts of vandalism will not become the norm.

I pay extra to live in the gated area, but the gate is seldom operational due to vandalism. The letters on the sign at the gate were torn of so many times that now it is just left blank until we pay to have them etched on (at our expense of course). Now, there is glue all over the gates since someone attemped to glue, then wire the gate shut.

Heritage Landing is a large active place, so there is always going to be some drama, but things got out of hand IMO. It's been quiet for the past month or so. I'm hoping things are changing with a new management company in place and better police patrol.

Maybe other large planned communities have similar issues and I'm just not aware??? If you read my previous posts, I have a lot of positive comments about Heritage Landing as well as negative. I feel that people that are considering buying here should know the good AND the bad.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:57 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post

Maybe other large planned communities have similar issues and I'm just not aware??? If you read my previous posts, I have a lot of positive comments about Heritage Landing as well as negative. I feel that people that are considering buying here should know the good AND the bad.
It's really good of you to share all of that Songgirl. I don't think it is the norm. I've heard of the problems at Oakleaf (vadalism and arson), and that was above and beyond as it is, but Heritage Landing seems to be attracting some real challenges.

I hope it all works itself out. If it's kids/teenagers doing this stuff, they tend to grow up and move on, so hopefully it will be over soon enough. Best of luck .

Old 06-17-2007, 10:11 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,835 times
Thanks riveree! You are right that most of the problems involve teenagers. The teens responsible for the arson have been caught, at least. A neighborhood watch commitee has been set up and security around the amenity center has been beefed up so I'm hoping this community starts moving in a better direction.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:52 PM

200 posts, read 619,352 times
I know that Heritage Landing is a popular topic in this forum..just got an email and thought I would pass it along. PM me if you want the specifics, but this is the email I received:
6 bedroom 4 bath for $289,999
"We need to sell this home over any other. That is why it has been discounted 50k. We will pay all closing costs with preferred lender. It needs to close asap.

This works out to $79/sq.ft. and includes:

-Ceramic Tile
-Stainless Appliances
-Washer and Dryer
-Irrigation
-Alarm system
-2" Blinds
-Ceiling Fans"

Old 06-21-2007, 02:40 PM

265 posts, read 994,454 times
$79 a square foot. This is just sending up all kinds of alarms. If you are going to devalue the home so much you should explain why. Instantly buyers are going to assume the worst I did immediately. Just reading this forum has formed my opinion on HL and this just confirms it. I hope you are able to sell the home. Good Luck

Old 06-21-2007, 04:13 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawstudent View Post
$79 a square foot. This is just sending up all kinds of alarms. If you are going to devalue the home so much you should explain why. Instantly buyers are going to assume the worst I did immediately. Just reading this forum has formed my opinion on HL and this just confirms it. I hope you are able to sell the home. Good Luck
I agree, it sounds like there is a real problem at that cost.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:40 PM

200 posts, read 619,352 times
Actually, it is a brand new "spec" home. This is not my home, I am a Realtor and I received this info and thought it might be a deal for someone, especailly with the buzz on HL within the forum.

Many builders are cutting costs on homes that were built based on buyers being approved for loans that they qualified for 6-8 months ago when the lenders were still offering a wider array of loan products and more leanient. Also, the buyers may have purchased the home with a contingency to sell their current home and weren't able to afford both homes when their current home did not sell. I actually see this as being very beneficial for buyers to take advantage of the opportunity that builders have deeper pockets therefore allowing them the opportunity to purchase a great deal! I, myself, have taken advantage as well as many of my customers-and they aren't complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville