Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 09:48 PM

134 posts, read 331,941 times

Advertisements

Hi All, Ive been a long time reader of these forums but just decided to register. I have read all of the prior threads on Heritage Landing including the long 8 pager. It was mostly from 2007 so Ive decided to start my own thread.

Ive lived in NE Florida for 14 years and have always loved St Augustine. After several attempts to relocate to St Augustine from Jax I finally have. Me and my fiance just signed a contract on a new home in Heritage Landing. For the price the neighborhood is amazing and everything we wanted. After waiting through a contract on a short sale there we decided to buy a regular existing but ended up seeing a DR Horton spec home that dropped in price by another $10k since I first saw it so I decided to jump on it since they were paying all closing costs and prepaids and also did a rate buydown to 2.875,3.875 and then fixed at 4.875. I felt for $169k and all of those incentives you just cant beat it.

I want to know what everyones experiences have been so far from people who currently live there and people who have left there. Please comment on how you like/dislike the community and why and also if you happen to have bought a DR Horton home, please comment on any quality issues or warranty issues if you have had any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 AM

2,562 posts, read 6,544,327 times
Congrats on your upcoming move to Heritage Landing. There's some real nice amenities in there. While I don't live in that community, I do have a DR Horton home in Mandarin, which was built in 2003. I've not experienced any issues with it at all. It was a very solidly-built home.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 AM

134 posts, read 331,941 times
Just bumping. Where are all of the Heritage Landing and St Aug folks and everyone from the old thread?

Old 12-30-2009, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,762 times
Can anyone give me an update on Heritage Landing. Looking to move within the next 6 months with 12 yr old triplet boys and this looks like a pretty nice place. How are the HOA fees in comparison to similar developments and do you still pay some fee to the builder for the CCD?

Old 01-20-2010, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,676 times
My husband and I have lived in Heritage Landing for almost 3 years now. We have two children and we love it here! We have had no problems with our DR Horton home, love the amenities and have great neighbors.
Our only real complaint is that there is a total lack of restaurant and delivery options. Domino's just recently started delivering to Heritage Landing. Unfortunately, we don't care for Domino's. We would really like to see some more places start delivering food!
Does anyone have any insight on when the Target and Mall are supposed to break ground? I have seen the large dirt mound at Town Center Pkwy and Int'l. Golf for quite some time and wonder when it might start to look like a Target.

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:09 PM

113 posts, read 187,912 times
Looking online, I'm very surprised at the prices I see in Heritage Landing. It seems like a lot of houses are on the market for $150K to $200K, and some houses on the market for extended periods of time (short sales? foreclosures?). Any insight?

[I will say that DH and currently live in an area of the country with far higher housing costs.]

Old 06-21-2010, 02:43 PM

5 posts, read 27,159 times
congratullations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville