Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Blue717
You want to ask when looking at some of the subs in Clay County.
My sister is paying close to $6k a year in taxes and CDD fees plus the monthly HOA of $148.
I think it all depends on how new the neighborhood is. Ours(on the Southside) is 6 years old and we have no CDDs and our HOA is $237 a year. We do not have a pool or rec center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 03:25 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
songgirl, where do you live? jax? pv? st aug.?

Old 05-29-2007, 07:51 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times
backtofla,

I live in St. Augustine by World Golf Village. Lots of new construction going on here in what was until recently a very rural area. It's about 20 mins. to downtown St. Augustine and about about a half hour (without traffic) to downtown J'Ville.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:10 PM

i'd imagine an area called "world golf village" (which i have seen signs for off of i-95) would attract a lot of snowbirds who like to come to fla to play golf. since golf is THE sport when retired, i'd imagine it draws the retirement crowd. looks like a neat place --- saw the pictures. seems like a pretty good location if you can be halfway to st aug beaches and jax.

is it true that the cdd fees are pretty high though?

Old 05-29-2007, 08:49 PM

Backtofla,
It's funny, you'd think that this would be a major area for retirees but honestly, it's not....Not yet anyway. Many people have moved to this area because of the schools ( Nease High School was just voted one of the top 100 in the country) and to get away from more congested areas. As far as snowbirds, I've never noticed any difference in the traffic or the general demographics at any time during the year.

Maybe there are more retired folks in some of the surrounding neighborhoods, such as King and the Bear, but overall, I think you really see a great mix of all age groups around here.

As far as fees go in Heritage Landing, ya they are high, about $2,400 CDDand $75 HOA. (CDD fees just went up about $200) Honestly though, I don't know how this compares with other similar communities in the area.

Truth be told, I would rather be in the historic old part of St. Aug., but we just couldn't make it work because:

-Housing is more expensive there
-The schools aren't great, so we would have to pay for private (But we wouldn't be paying CDD and HOA so maybe logic failed me on this)
-the commute to downtown Jax is just too far , although many people do it, and Heritage Landing to Jax is no easy haul either
-We wouldn't have the community pool, clubhouse, planned activities that we have in a newer community.

Anyway, this is probably more info. than you wanted....

Old 05-30-2007, 10:28 AM

thanks songgirl.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:55 PM

Backtofla,

Anytime. Hope you find just what you're looking for!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:54 PM

73 posts, read 265,018 times
How have the home sales been there lately? My family and I want to move there...but we have to wait until our house sells here on Long Island...which is taking forever!!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:22 AM

Home sales have definately slumped this past year. Many houses that were for sale are now for rent. In my opinion, they let too many investors buy in here (some communities have a cap on this). Many renters ,although not all by any means, are not keeping up with their properties and it's dragging down the appeal of the whole community.

If your heart is set on Heritage Landing, I would recommend looking at resale properties, not brand new! There is so much money you have to invest in a new home, ie: real paint instead of the watered down stuff builders put on the walls, window treatments, a irrigation well, water softener. fence, light fixtures, etc...

Much of this you can find already done in a house that is a year old. Also the warranty work that needs to be done for out of plumb walls, leaking showers, paint stained carpet and so on should be taken care of too

I wish I had done the same, but I was too enthralled with the idea of getting a brand new house. What I got was a house with walls that weren't square, a creaky bumpy floor so the carpet needed to be ripped up, and the list goes on! .... Live and Learn

Old 05-31-2007, 05:38 PM

200 posts, read 619,179 times
I'm a Realtor in Jax and haven't had the best experience with D.R.Horton. (not trying to bash, just being honest). I think that every deal can be different based on the site agent, if you have a Realtor representing you and the subcontractors. But I would look into it. Also, I would be a bit cautious buying in the World Golf area. I think the master plan was great, but don't know that it has reached the expectations that it could have. There are MANY homes for resale in that area and my be able to compete with builders, if not better and avoid the wait. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville