Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:54 AM

32 posts, read 68,497 times

Advertisements

We are getting closer to contracting on a new home in Nocatee. We have narrowed it down to Greenleaf or Kelly Pointe. Of course we will be contracting before our next trip back to FL so I can't meet residents to get opinions. Hoping some residents of Nocatee will find this and offer opinions. Both Greenleaf Village and Kelly Pt. have limited lots left to begin a dirt start so moving quickly is more pressure.

We are leaning toward KP at the moment but nothing signed. The builders are providence, mattamy or standard pacific - thoughts on these? (David Weekley is out of our price range to make this move comfortable)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 11:08 PM

94 posts, read 190,497 times
I didn't know that Kelly Pointe still had some lots left. We looked there back in Sept, but we chose Greenleaf. We're currently having a David Weekley built. We liked the look of Greenleaf over Kelly Pointe, its proximity to the new K-8 School and close to Nease HS and Hwy 1.Also we preferred to be south of Nocatee Parkway. Kelly Pointe felt a little further out, JMO.
I think Standard Pacific would be my other choice in a home. They have very nice models and their quality seems good.I've heard good things about Stan Pac's from our DW Builder as he called them. The Greenleaf Community seems to be close knit, but I think that holds true for most Nocatee Communites. Keep in mind that Greenleaf Lakes is about to take off also.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:49 AM

615 posts, read 1,714,053 times
If you have (or plan to have) kids in middle or elementary, be aware that KP will not attend the new Nocatee school. While Ocean Palms and Landrum are fine schools, it's definitely something to consider. Personally, I would want my kids at the closer, community school for a multitude of reasons and it would be a deciding factor for me.

Otherwise, you really can't go wrong with either one!

Good luck!

Old 02-04-2014, 11:49 AM

196 posts, read 428,031 times
Kelly Pointe is much smaller than Greenleaf Village and almost complete. Nice houses, but not the variety as in Greenleaf. I have friends that live there and they LOVE it! As Hlauburn said, one thing to consider is the KP will not be going to the new K-8 school. I think many KP residents were upset about this because they had been led to believe that they would be attending the new school. Ocean Palms and Landrum are both GREAT schools, however, to me, the main drawback to this plan is that Landrum Middle is the primary feeder school to Ponte Vedra High School whereas all Nocatee neighborhood's are zoned for Nease. I have a middle schooler at Landrum (who will be switching to the new school) and of course she wants to go to PVHS because that is where most of her friends will be going. It is going to be nice to have her at the new school which feeds into Nease because then she will move on with her group of friends vs being separated after surviving the fun of Middle School.

I think that Mattamy builds nice homes in KP and that Standard Pacific and Providence build nice homes in Greenleaf. I think that either neighborhood you choose, you will be happy with - everyone that I know that lives in either loves where they live. For me, the two big things that I would consider is the size (small vs large neighborhood) and the school. Ultimately while I might prefer a smaller neighborhood, the school choice would seal the deal for me and I would choose Greenleaf over KP.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:48 PM

Thanks guys! I was concerned about the K-8 deal as well, but ironically our oldest will be in 8th next year which means she was going to landrum regardless because the new k8 is only opening for k-7 the first year.

Another factor was that KP will go to Nease (at least if zoning doesn't continue to change with all the population growth) and we were happy to hear this. Our second kid is a competitive baseball player and we wanted Nease due to their baseball team and their engineering prep classes.

As it turned out, we contracted KP and are just so grateful to have found a large enough house with a 3-car garage. We have four kids and between bicycles, scooters, and soon a golf cart we really needed that storage. I am so excited to be joining the Nocatee life this summer/fall. We all are - it's a big change for this family of six originally from NY but after having lived in Denver for the last 15 years. Our kids are very excited to be near the beach and yet have the Nocatee water park as we'll! I'm just ecstatic that it's finally happening. I have posted a million times trying to narrow it down between communities, CDDs, proximities, etc. Landing in Nocatee just felt right!

Old 02-08-2014, 09:22 AM

196 posts, read 428,031 times
Good for you! We have four kiddos as well - oldest will be in 7th next year, youngest in PreK4 next year! Welcome to Nocatee - I think that you will all be very happy here!

Old 02-08-2014, 09:51 PM

94 posts, read 190,497 times
Congratulations! Nocatee is a Good Choice.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,775 times
All great information. Thank you for sharing. We are considering a move from the Midwest. Younger empty nesters. Schools are important for resale value. Just curious if any of the areas mentioned have many couples with grown children?

Old 02-10-2014, 06:38 AM

TravelGal - have you looked at Del Webb in Nocatee? It 55 & over but we met people from there at the Nocatee welcome center and they were coming to the gym on their bicycles so we are not talking about slow-seniors! They seemed so happy - loving the Nocatee amenities but being in their own area if the waterpark proved too much chaos for the day. I tried to have my in-laws look there but don't think they are active enough! Lol.

I would check it out - they seem to have great pricing and floor plan options from the bit I've seen. Good luck!

Old 02-10-2014, 06:46 AM

Acebab - looking forward to meeting all of you and the great families in Nocatee. Funny my kids are looking forward to the Halloween party. I do a family theme each year so when they heard about the costume party they were all excited for mom to start planning (in February, mind you - lol) by the way did I mention that I don't have time in the midst of final home projects, getting listed, packing, flying to the design center appt, and oh yeah, launching two new businesses? Halloween? Right let me get right on that! Lol.

Our kids are girl, 13 in July; boy 11; girl 8 and boy 2 in April. We are the crazy family you'll see at the pool - kids and dad swimming and me in the lazy river thing they have! Lol. But I'll have to leave early to get going on those costumes. (Sorry, running joke in our house right now)

New subject - we are debating the golf cart thing...I have plenty of info on electric golf carts but in the Nocatee maps and packets there are these little car-like EVs. Anyone know what they are and where to get them? I don't even know if they make them big enough for our family but wanted to check all options for this new family taxi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville