Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:13 PM

203 posts, read 310,834 times

Advertisements

DH and I are thinking about moving to Jacksonville area in the next few years. Will Nocatee be all done building their new homes by then? We would like to move earlier then that but waiting til housing market gets a bit better so we can sell here. Any opinions on Nocatee for families w school aged children? Also where do most people living there work? Jax?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 PM

448 posts, read 829,643 times
Nocatee has been building for a few years now, and has less than 1,000 homes. 13,000 planned homes are to be built there when they finally are done, so you probably have a few years before it's built out.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:12 PM

That's good to know. Will it all be single family homes?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 PM

64 posts, read 163,878 times
Nocatee will probably be building for the next 20 years. It is a whole town comprised of many neighborhoods. It will have mostly single family homes with a mix of condos and I believe an apartment building or two down the road.

New home prices are headed up a bit so whatever you gain on your own house you will probably lose on the price of the house you are going to buy. That and interest rates are at an all time low so you will save there too if buying a new house now rather than waiting.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times
Nocatee will definatley not be finished even though it is growing at substantialy decent rate looks like it will be 700+ homes being sold in 2013. If i were you id hurry up as the market is recovering fast so are prices. I still do not see where 13000 homes will got, But does anyone know what happend to silverleaf plantation are they still going through with that.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:17 PM

615 posts, read 1,713,243 times
They will be building in Nocatee for many more years, so you have plenty of time. Ours will actually be the first "completed" neighborhood in the next few months, but they are building in about 6 or 7 others right now - some just started and in all different price ranges, mostly single family homes.

It's a great place for families with school aged kids. We are zoned for some of the best schools in the county, and they are opening a K-8 school in Nocatee in 2014.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:05 PM

448 posts, read 829,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlauburn View Post
We are zoned for some of the best schools in the county
How exactly did Nocatee get zoned for some of the best schools in the county? I never knew schools were zoned.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwebb49 View Post
How exactly did Nocatee get zoned for some of the best schools in the county? I never knew schools were zoned.

I don't understand the confusion. Each school has an "attendance zone" and if you live in it, you go to a certain school. The Nocatee neighborhoods are all zoned for some of the "highest performing" schools in the county.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlauburn View Post
They will be building in Nocatee for many more years, so you have plenty of time. Ours will actually be the first "completed" neighborhood in the next few months, but they are building in about 6 or 7 others right now - some just started and in all different price ranges, mostly single family homes.

It's a great place for families with school aged kids. We are zoned for some of the best schools in the county, and they are opening a K-8 school in Nocatee in 2014.
Thanks so much. How are the people/families? Are people open to making new friends? Do ladies make it easier for newcomers to join their group? We are hoping to find community where people want to spend time with their neighbors, have parties, make new friends. How about the kids? Are the schools very clichey? (My DD is a bit shy so we always worry with a move and new school for her.)

Also, how about the weather? Is it difficult in the summer getting the kids to get exercise when it is so hot outside?

Thanks I really appreciate all the feedback.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelma123 View Post
Thanks so much. How are the people/families? Are people open to making new friends? Do ladies make it easier for newcomers to join their group? We are hoping to find community where people want to spend time with their neighbors, have parties, make new friends. How about the kids? Are the schools very clichey? (My DD is a bit shy so we always worry with a move and new school for her.)

Also, how about the weather? Is it difficult in the summer getting the kids to get exercise when it is so hot outside?

Thanks I really appreciate all the feedback.
It's going to sound like I'm trying to "sell" Nocatee, but it's really a great place! This is our 4th house in 3 different states, and I can honestly say it's the most friendly and welcoming neighborhood we've ever lived in. There are always people moving in and they move from all over the country, so you don't get that feeling of the "old" neighbors and the "new" neighbors...we're just always excited when new people move in, especially if they have kids (new playmates!). We h ave several neighbors who we consider good friends, and there always seems to be a party or get-together going on, even if it's just hanging out and catching up at the park.

My oldest in only in 2nd, so I don't really know how middle and high school are, but no real issues at the elementary level. If anything, the parents there might be a little cliquey, just because a lot of them are Ponte Vedra Beach people, so Nocatee parents are the "new" ones, but nothing that bad - just a vibe I get.

Not sure what grade your daughter is in, but with the new K-8 school opening in 2014, that might be a great time to make the move since the school will be new to everyone.

As far as summer goes, everything pretty much revolves around being near the water! The waterpark is amazing and the kids can do swimteam, swim lessons, surfing...so there's plenty to do even if it is really hot outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville