Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 04:38 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times

Advertisements

Here's shocking news to you, check any home builder and you'll find ample complaints, liens and/or lawsuits, its not strictly Dennis Homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 05:47 PM

Btw, still (yet again) waiting for some specifics out of you. The 13 separate accounts you created contain none.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:00 PM

I'm not in the housing market? Not sure what that means, am I homeless then.

Well, I guess if I'm a joke for posting under the same name again and again, I wonder what that makes someone who creates new accounts and has conversations with himself?

Old 02-08-2015, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 4,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Btw, still (yet again) waiting for some specifics out of you. The 13 separate accounts you created contain none.
I've created 1 account, but thank you for your assumptions. What kind of specifics would you like? Before I list them and get bashed by you I would like to know what YOU want to hear. I don't know why you are so defiant against me or anyone for that matter telling the public there is something wrong with a home builder. Isn't that what forums are for? To inform people? I don't have time to create accounts to talk to myself. I'm trying to inform the public not myself ha.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:25 AM

Still waiting.......

Old 02-26-2015, 05:42 PM

7 posts, read 13,215 times
Default Dennis Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmTree1982 View Post
Actually, if you look them up on the St. John's and Duval county official records websites, they have multiple liens against them. We built with Dennis Homes and I googled them to only discover this forum and I am surprised at all the nonsense going on especially with the people who have clearly not built with them. If you're so convinced these people are the same ones commenting back and forth to each other (which they very well could be), then leave it alone! You have no first hand experience with these builders and if you're not looking to build a home with them then good for you! Honestly, why would anyone go bashing a homebuilder if they were good anyways? Dennis Homes is full of dishonest employees and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out, just ask around! Sub contractors won't come out to fix my house because they're not getting paid and it's very clear that they are going out of business when their homes are sitting unfinished. Anywho, if it doesn't concern you, don't bother commenting. I'm not even going to begin to list my issues with Dennis Homes because i now see I'm not alone. Have a great weekend!

Would love to be able to speak with you PalmTree1982. We also built with Dennis Homes and are very sorry. Cannot get Wendy or Scott to return any calls. We are on the 8th supervisor looking at all of our major problems. We have also been told sub contractors have not been paid and I also was shown the many liens and lawsuits from our attorney. Sad situation. Seems they bit off more than they can chew. Sad we trusted them and paid so much. I honestly do not see how they sleep at night.
We have been trying to get something done for over 6 months.
Ignore the ones who continue to rant over something they know nothing about. I also know it is not the same person writing. I have personally spoke with a few of them.
I hope you get something done. It is truly a heartbreak.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:31 AM

164 posts, read 227,802 times
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have given benefit of the doubt to Dennis Homes throughout all the issues we have experienced.

Here is my latest story:

1 Year walkthrough was done (I was amazed we actually got one) and the only thing we requested was some drywall issues be taken care of. We were assured someone would be out the next week.

Fast forward 1 month and nothing. Now Our kitchen sink has literally fallen 1/2 inch under the counter as the 2x4 block on each side of it were not positioned well and the silicon which had been holding the sink in finally gave.

Again, promise immediately that they would call and nothing.

I just want to give up my weekends and sit with a sign in front of their model home that says "Ask me about Dennis Homes".

Old 05-05-2015, 11:05 AM

72 posts, read 144,296 times
I am thankful for this forum, we looked at that model home and stayed away once we heard it was Dennis. I am sorry about the issues you are having.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,142 times
Default Stay away from this builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspinkrose View Post
any idea on this builder? they build in RiverTown and their Palmeto I plan and list of standard features look awesome... but wondering if there are some reviews, good or bad from past customers
Worst builder I've ever experienced!! Shoddy workmanship at BEST! No communication with buyers. Built three homes(with other builders) this was absolute worst. Most homes in Rivertown taking 15-18 months. Find another builder, any will be better than this one.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,058 times
I also am having a terrible experience with Dennis Homes. Had a contract with them in June of 2014 and the last expected closing date they bothered to give me was May 15th. I'm guessing it will be about 14 months before house is done being built. They started building a new home in my family's neighborhood that's substantially bigger than the one they are building for us in Rivertown. They didn't start working on it for at least six-seven months after we went into contract on our home and they have long since finished and moved in. Funny how their sense of urgency changes on their personal home. The quality of the work on our house seems good; i've noticed a few things here and there but no major problems on construction quality. It is the service and their coordination that has been an issue for me. They have made many mistakes and then tried to say it is what I asked for. Wendy Dennis just ignores any requests for information. My guess is money problems. I think they expanded too quickly, too fast, and have over-extended themselves.Either that or they are just incompetent, I don't know which is worse. I've noticed the construction goes through very quick spurts and then comes to a screeching stop. It was about 6 months before they ever even touched the property. I'll notice a couple of their homes will sell and then workers will come back to the house for a while. This is my first home...and it's been a very negative experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville