Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 05:25 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times

Advertisements

Hmmm, we have a Ryland home too and it can get awfully cold in here at night. Wonder if we have the same problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 06:49 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,161,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Do the building codes require no insulation above a ceiling space?
I don't think so because there's been this huge movement in the neighborhood by all the owners of a particular Mattamy home that all have that same problem. They were able to bully the builder into going back and blowing insulation above the master bedroom in all their homes.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:34 AM

164 posts, read 227,802 times
Usually the building inspector would catch this or even the appraiser. For our lender, the appraiser always checks the attic spaces but in our case, I think the access was overlooked as there are 3 of them. The main level has one in the garage and one in the master closet and then there is an upstairs access as well.

This time, Dennis was responsive in 30 minutes with a text and email, the insulation company called me promptly Monday morning and we are scheduled to have it taken care of Thursday.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,300 times
Does anyone know if they are still in business? We had a horrible experience too but made sure to get everything in writing with pending items 10 months after moving in. I heard they were filing bankruptcy.. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimebuyer2014 View Post
Does anyone know if they are still in business? We had a horrible experience too but made sure to get everything in writing with pending items 10 months after moving in. I heard they were filing bankruptcy.. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
lol...now someone's just f---ing with us all.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,300 times
Dennis Homes

Old 01-20-2015, 01:09 PM

164 posts, read 227,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimebuyer2014 View Post
Did you read the post directly above this one?

Old 02-05-2015, 09:58 PM

3 posts, read 4,632 times
Actually, if you look them up on the St. John's and Duval county official records websites, they have multiple liens against them. We built with Dennis Homes and I googled them to only discover this forum and I am surprised at all the nonsense going on especially with the people who have clearly not built with them. If you're so convinced these people are the same ones commenting back and forth to each other (which they very well could be), then leave it alone! You have no first hand experience with these builders and if you're not looking to build a home with them then good for you! Honestly, why would anyone go bashing a homebuilder if they were good anyways? Dennis Homes is full of dishonest employees and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out, just ask around! Sub contractors won't come out to fix my house because they're not getting paid and it's very clear that they are going out of business when their homes are sitting unfinished. Anywho, if it doesn't concern you, don't bother commenting. I'm not even going to begin to list my issues with Dennis Homes because i now see I'm not alone. Have a great weekend!

Old 02-06-2015, 06:16 AM

More vague "dishonest" language followed up with zero actual details and, you guessed it, one post.

You know, if you're going to create new accounts and repeat/support yourself over and over again at least make it believable. You're not even smart enough to change the way you write.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:51 PM

3 posts, read 4,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
More vague "dishonest" language followed up with zero actual details and, you guessed it, one post.

You know, if you're going to create new accounts and repeat/support yourself over and over again at least make it believable. You're not even smart enough to change the way you write.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I needed to prove myself to you. I do not believe it's "vague" considering there are public records listing multiple liens against Dennis Homes. Do the research yourself. Or do you need someone to do it for you? Also, I hate to disappoint you but this is actually my first and only account on this site. You are correct, one post (you're great with numbers!) because I discovered it while searching the Internet for other Dennis Homes issues. Just because you're a seasoned city-data poster doesn't mean everyone else loses credit. After all, you had "one post" at some point didn't you? Something had to draw you into this website didn't it? Like I said before, I'm glad you have no issues with DH! Please don't feel the need to rant among people who actually have problems with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville