Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:46 PM

175 posts, read 353,451 times

Advertisements

I do not believe this article. Look no further than the readers who commented on the original article. You want to be in this guy's shoes:

"Now the part about Orlando – The home of the $10 jobs – funny but it is true. After 5 years as Director of IT for a 1700 member organization based in Orlando, I am now making almost as much as I was 15 years ago as a network admin."

^^This right here is unacceptable and speaks volumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 07:12 AM

134 posts, read 330,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
You're saying for your type of work which doesn't make the article invalid. Let's reread together shall we? #9 among top cities for IT Jobs in 2012. It doesn't say what kind of IT jobs and isn't specifying, you are.
You conveniently ignored my point where I also stated that Tampa has at any given time approximately 2.5x as many IT postings as Jacksonville? You're from where, Sanford? Have you worked in IT in Jacksonville for 7 years? No? Ok. I have, and I have worked in several areas in IT here and I have kept up with the job market in IT here.

As others have said, if you want low paying help desk and entry level jobs sure. Look for specialized areas or higher paying jobs and there are many more opportunities in other areas of FL. Even though Tampa also beats Jax for the number of those help desk and entry level positions too.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:55 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,522,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm267 View Post
I do not believe this article. Look no further than the readers who commented on the original article. You want to be in this guy's shoes:

"Now the part about Orlando – The home of the $10 jobs – funny but it is true. After 5 years as Director of IT for a 1700 member organization based in Orlando, I am now making almost as much as I was 15 years ago as a network admin."

^^This right here is unacceptable and speaks volumes.
Evidently it was acceptable to you as you took the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville