Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,670 times

Advertisements

My family and I traveled to Jacksonville from Birmingham, Alabama at the end of December looking for a new home. We went to Nocatee on New Year's Eve and found what we wanted. After shopping David Weekly and Mattamy in Kelly Point we gave Brent a visit at Richmond American Homes. He showed us all of his plans and took everything we had to say into account. He narrowed our decision down to two houses based on our needs and then showed us the available lots. We picked our lot immediately, but we needed a night to think about the home itself. We decided to go with "The Seth" and called Brent back late on New Year's Eve. We told him of our decision and asked him to meet with us on New Year's Day (which, by the way was not only a holiday, but a Sunday and his off day) and he was more than happy to do so. We had to do our business that day or it wouldn't be done, because we were headed back to Birmingham the next morning.

Since our purchase, Brent has gone above and beyond to keep us informed of what is going on and the progress that has been made on our home. Some of you may know.... for someone that has never built their own home before, it pretty exciting to see the progress that is being made, but its impossible to see it from 500 miles away. Brent took pictures 4-5 times a week and sent them to us via text. From the dirt, to slab, to the frame to the outer shell, to the finished product.... including the kitchen sink! \

There was a bump in the road with financing that wasn't Brent's fault or Richmond American Home's fault and even though Brent had nothing to do with the "bump in the road", he is the one responsible for correcting it so we could close on time. We make our first walk through in a week and we close in two weeks.

I'd like to publicly thank Brent and Richmond American Homes for making this experience the best experience of our lives (with exception to giving birth to our kids and getting married). Thanks Brent!!! YOU DA MAN!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 4,669 times
Heard today that Mattamy homes got KICKED OUT of Greenleaf, no wonder they bought the 100 lots in Kelly Point.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:56 PM

199 posts, read 468,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navypilot88 View Post
Heard today that Mattamy homes got KICKED OUT of Greenleaf, no wonder they bought the 100 lots in Kelly Point.
I would be interested in hearing more details about this.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:56 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Quote:
Kicked out? For what? And if so, whom exactly kicked them out?

Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 PM

199 posts, read 468,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt4ua View Post
My family and I traveled to Jacksonville from Birmingham, Alabama at the end of December looking for a new home. We went to Nocatee on New Year's Eve and found what we wanted. After shopping David Weekly and Mattamy in Kelly Point we gave Brent a visit at Richmond American Homes. He showed us all of his plans and took everything we had to say into account. He narrowed our decision down to two houses based on our needs and then showed us the available lots. We picked our lot immediately, but we needed a night to think about the home itself. We decided to go with "The Seth" and called Brent back late on New Year's Eve. We told him of our decision and asked him to meet with us on New Year's Day (which, by the way was not only a holiday, but a Sunday and his off day) and he was more than happy to do so. We had to do our business that day or it wouldn't be done, because we were headed back to Birmingham the next morning.

Since our purchase, Brent has gone above and beyond to keep us informed of what is going on and the progress that has been made on our home. Some of you may know.... for someone that has never built their own home before, it pretty exciting to see the progress that is being made, but its impossible to see it from 500 miles away. Brent took pictures 4-5 times a week and sent them to us via text. From the dirt, to slab, to the frame to the outer shell, to the finished product.... including the kitchen sink! \

There was a bump in the road with financing that wasn't Brent's fault or Richmond American Home's fault and even though Brent had nothing to do with the "bump in the road", he is the one responsible for correcting it so we could close on time. We make our first walk through in a week and we close in two weeks.

I'd like to publicly thank Brent and Richmond American Homes for making this experience the best experience of our lives (with exception to giving birth to our kids and getting married). Thanks Brent!!! YOU DA MAN!!!
I'm happy that you had a good experience with RA. We would probably be building a Seth there as well if we weren't mislead.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,669 times
only the developer has the power over the builders as I understand.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,670 times
HouseConfused,

I know how things can be misconstrued when two people aren't talking face to face, so don't take this the wrong way please, but how did you get misled by "the salesman" at RA? I talk with him almost on a daily basis and I happen to know for a fact that he only found out 30 days ago that Richmond wasn't getting any more lots in Kelly Point. Just curious how that is his fault.....???? And if there was already a deposit on the lot you wanted, why are you saying that he misled you there? I mean... I wouldn't attempt to buy anything that had already been bought.

I don't know about you, but I have 1 of only 12 three car garage homes in 176 homesites. That's not being bragadocious or anything, but there are limited amount of lots that will accomodate a three car garage.

Like I said, I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just curious with what's going on. I'm in sales and as a salesman, we're not only getting paid on commission, but customer comments, responses and satisfaction as well. So it hurts to see someone work as hard as Brent "the salesman" and then get talked bad about... especially in an online forum for all to see. Its almost like you're out for his job for something that he couldn't control. Just Sayin'.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,285 times
[FONT=Verdana]My husband and I started looking at homes in Nocatee last October. We looked in Greenleaf, Austin Park and Kelly Pointe. We had the pleasure of dealing with Brent at Kelly Pointe. From day one Brent made us feel like family. He took the time to walk us through all our options. This is the first time we've built a new home and he took the time to make us feel comfortable. He walked us through all our options and answered all our questions. He's always available and has made this experience and enjoyable one. I would recommend Brent and Richmond Homes to anyone![/FONT]

Old 06-22-2012, 07:47 AM

19 posts, read 43,052 times
Quote:
Yes, they did. My husband and I were first on their list to buy in Phase 2b...we had our lot picked out and all. I guess at some point the developer decided Mattamy was not moving over to the new side with the other builders. The sales rep didn't really have any more information except for they are moving over to Kelly Point now, and not Greenleaf. Luckily, we purchased one of the last Laurel's in Greenleaf!

Old 06-22-2012, 07:49 AM

19 posts, read 43,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingonsunshine View Post
In Phase 2? How long did they say it would take?
No, still phase 1. We bought one of the last two remaining lots near the model homes. They are moving all of the model homes over to the new side, for phase 2b and on. Not sure when they will start selling there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville