Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:46 PM

77 posts, read 237,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
I know next to zip about Nocatee - but my husband and I drove through there for the first time last month. We drove through one community that seemed to be 100% concrete block houses - which impressed us. I think it was Austin Park. Can't tell you anything else about the houses or the community. Robyn
Taylor Morrison has been building out as fast as they can in Austin Park, and all of there houses are concrete block on the first floor. Cornerstone, Mattamy and Providence are building here as well, and they are wood frame--of course with any builder, I'm sure they could quote you a price for concrete block! I believe there are less than 10 lots available here now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 06:02 PM

199 posts, read 468,883 times
I asked the other builders about block options and they all said no. David Weekley is the only builder that will put an in wall pest system in. It is actually included in the standard package. I asked the other builders about the system and they all said no to that also. Nocatee only requires a spray up 4 feet once the house is framed.

Most of the builders are not custom builders. They only build to the floor plans they offer and the modifications they have on paper. David Weekely is a semi-custom builder, meaning they will actually price you things not already offered as an upgrade.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:53 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
What is a wall pest system? Or a spray up? Have never heard those terms before. Robyn

Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
What is a wall pest system? Or a spray up? Have never heard those terms before. Robyn
Thin diameter perforated plastic lines, that run all through the exterior walls. That connect to a central loading point where pesticides are injected.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
Houseconfused: Why won't the builders allow you to have your own vendor put in the wall-pest system during the building process? We had our own vendor put the system into our home when it was being built 15 years ago. It's an awesome system and has worked flawlessly.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssclulow View Post
Houseconfused: Why won't the builders allow you to have your own vendor put in the wall-pest system during the building process? We had our own vendor put the system into our home when it was being built 15 years ago. It's an awesome system and has worked flawlessly.

I didn't ask the question that way. I suspect that they will say no to that also. Of course that could all change when a contract is on the table. I suppose that they try to steer you down the cookie cutter road.

David Weekley was the one builder of the three that I talked with, that was willing to discuss custom modifications. The sales agent in GreenLeaf described themselves as a semi-custom builder.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 PM

64 posts, read 163,841 times
Anyone on here buy in Kelly Pointe? If so, just curious- how do you like it? Which builder did you go with/experience with that builder etc.? Kelly Pointe seems to be moving much slower than Greenleaf thus far.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown83 View Post
Anyone on here buy in Kelly Pointe? If so, just curious- how do you like it? Which builder did you go with/experience with that builder etc.? Kelly Pointe seems to be moving much slower than Greenleaf thus far.
FYI regarding builders:
We didn't end up buying there, but we were close. There were two builders that were building in Kelly Pointe. David Weekley and Richmond American. Both builders are done in Kelly Pointe once they sell the current lots and or homes in their inventory.

Mattamy homes bought the remaining lots in Kelly Pointe back in April. They will be the sole builder in Kelly Pointe once David Weekley and Richmond American sell off the remaining lots and or homes in their inventory.

After looking at many of the homes in Nocatee with the various builders, my opinion is that David Weekley builds the best quality home. Mattamy is very conscious of the materials they use and where they come from.

My opinion of Richmond American has been tainted because of the experience I had. I think that they are building the cheapest house out there. At least $/sq foot.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:31 AM

28 posts, read 70,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseconfused View Post
FYI regarding builders:
We didn't end up buying there, but we were close. There were two builders that were building in Kelly Pointe. David Weekley and Richmond American. Both builders are done in Kelly Pointe once they sell the current lots and or homes in their inventory.

Mattamy homes bought the remaining lots in Kelly Pointe back in April. They will be the sole builder in Kelly Pointe once David Weekley and Richmond American sell off the remaining lots and or homes in their inventory.

After looking at many of the homes in Nocatee with the various builders, my opinion is that David Weekley builds the best quality home. Mattamy is very conscious of the materials they use and where they come from.

My opinion of Richmond American has been tainted because of the experience I had. I think that they are building the cheapest house out there. At least $/sq foot.
My husband and I will be down there in 2 weeks to hopefully pick out a lot and home. Does anyone have any theories as to why Kelly Pointe isn't selling as quick as possibly some of the other sections.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingonsunshine View Post
My husband and I will be down there in 2 weeks to hopefully pick out a lot and home. Does anyone have any theories as to why Kelly Pointe isn't selling as quick as possibly some of the other sections.
With what builder?

It could be that they only offer 50' lots. People may also feel that it is too far out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville