Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:11 AM

330 posts, read 1,084,930 times

Advertisements

looking for new domain for my new lawn care business

I cant get the actual domain I want which ends in "lawns" so I am exploring others

what do you like best?

"""""lawnsinc.com (adding INC to the end of it)

"""""lawnz.com (using a Z instead of an S)

Im leaving out the first word as I dont want to give out the actual domain until I secure it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 08:42 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
I wouldn't use any misspellings, every time you mention your domain while speaking you'll have to tell them with a "Z". You want something that can easily be communicated while spoken. If the name is getting too long trying to fit "lawn" in find something else. Get creative, lawnhaircuts.com <---that's actually available. No one will forget that, it's unique and stands out, easy to spell etc. It's a little cheesy but who cares if it drives business to your site.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:44 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I wouldn't use any misspellings, every time you mention your domain while speaking you'll have to tell withe "Z". You want something that can easily be communicated while spoken. If the name is getting too long trying fit lawn in there find something else. Get creative, lawnhaircuts.com <---that's actually available. No one will forget that, it's unique and stands out, easy to spell etc.
I agree with this ... I'd either get something creative, or the xxxinc one, but I wouldn't do hyphens or misspellings.

I'd also grab the .net at the same time if you can.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:00 AM

what do you think of adding GA to the end instead of INC

The GA is for Georgia

"""""lawnsga.com
or
"""""lawnsinc.com

Old 03-01-2014, 09:02 AM

also, godaddy says the domain I really want is available but somebody owns it. I filled out their form to contact them but Im guessing they will want alot of money for it. I would pay a couple hundred if I could get it for that but not much more.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnc19694339 View Post
what do you think of adding GA to the end instead of INC

The GA is for Georgia

"""""lawnsga.com
or
"""""lawnsinc.com
The longer it gets and the more parts you add the harder it gets to communicate, remember and for people to spell.

Think about this, word of mouth is probably the most important advertising tool you can have. What is your current customer or people who see your ads going to remember more? Like I said it's a cheesy name I suggested but when one of your customers is asked who does there lawn care they can tell someone go lawnhaircuts.com . The current customer will remember it and the person they are communicating it to will remember it.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:41 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
I love looking for domain names, and spend way too much time at it when I am picking up a domain.

And, I agree with short and simple, proper spelling, easy to pronounce, get the .net and the .info.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnc19694339 View Post
looking for new domain for my new lawn care business

I cant get the actual domain I want which ends in "lawns" so I am exploring others
IMO, it's not crucial to get a dot-com anymore, especially with the impending release of thousands of new TLDs. Search multiple TLDs at once at

Lawns.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools

Old 03-01-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
IMO, it's not crucial to get a dot-com anymore....
I think it is simply because so many people are used to it, people go to type it in they are liable to end up at your competitors site.

Old 03-07-2014, 07:44 AM

OK let me know which you like best for how they sound and how it will do in search engines?

EXPERT-LAWNS.COM
EXPERTLAWNSINC.COM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet