Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:03 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,543,517 times

Advertisements

Maybe parents would think twice about what could happen to their kids if we made examples out of these people.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:08 PM

122 posts, read 150,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Maybe parents would think twice about what could happen to their kids if we made examples out of these people.
I don't know any sane person who would suggest we put this kid on the chopping block to make a point. Do you think it's fun to ruin lives or something?

Old 07-04-2009, 05:11 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,214,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
I don't know any sane person who would suggest we put this kid on the chopping block to make a point. Do you think it's fun to ruin lives or something?
Again: tough!

Old 07-04-2009, 05:11 PM

37,166 posts, read 42,351,186 times
Yea, I'm not fond of "let's make an example of x" when "x" is someone who is the worst example of what you are trying make a point of.

Does that make sense?

In other words, this guy is exactly the kind of person I would WANT to give amnesty too as opposed to those who continue to fly under the radar.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
I love how incredibly clueless people on this board are about how the government is supposed to work. If the law was meant to be heartless and incompassionate, then we wouldn't have courts to oversee its application.

By the logic of many people here, if you drive over the speed limit you are a filthy criminal just like these illegal aliens and shouldn't have a drivers license. Only it's convenient to overlook those laws, isn't it?

This guy grew up in the United States. He's just as much an American as any of you, unless you think that the only thing important about a person is what the USCIS has on file.
Quit your Trolling please.

That individual is not an American-----------he is a criminal illegal alien.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:16 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,621,301 times
i didnt know, always a good defense.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yea, I'm not fond of "let's make an example of x" when "x" is someone who is the worst example of what you are trying make a point of.

Does that make sense?

In other words, this guy is exactly the kind of person I would WANT to give amnesty too as opposed to those who continue to fly under the radar.
I can understand your point: but; the PR damage has been done by the illegal alien invasion so your argument is now moot.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:29 PM

122 posts, read 150,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

I'm not trolling. He grew up as a United States citizen, he was educated as one, taught its laws, followed them, succeeded in college and was on a roadway to bettering himself and society. The paper may not be there, but he has done nothing wrong and should not be persecuted. I know him through some mutual friends and he had no clue whatsoever that he wasn't a USC until recently.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:33 PM

380 posts, read 711,343 times
Quote:

I think calling him a criminal is pushing it. Good thing a poitician stepped in and had his deportation delayed for a year. Was he responsible for the actions of his parents? How can he be guilty of the crime of illegal entry into the US? To be guilty of a crime you must prove culpibility. I know that technically he is here without documentation but the original entry happened when he wasn't even aware of the situation, and on top of that he was not made aware of his status until he was an adult. This would make an interesting argument in court.
To call the man a criminal is undermining what is actually going on. I think it's funny how certain people scream for the immediate deportation of undocumented immigrants because they say they are a drain on resources and all they do is take our jobs and then go home and wait for their welfare checks in the mail; but now we have an obviously succesful, productive individual who wants to better himself and people are screaming "criminal" "illegal" get out. Why? I personally know quite a few young individuals in my community who have graduated high school and are in the same boat. It is a sad situation, and their parents are to be blamed if you must blame someone but not them.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:35 PM

37,166 posts, read 42,351,186 times
Quote:
I can understand your point: but; the PR damage has been done by the illegal alien invasion so your argument is now moot.
Well I don't see him being deported so "moot" it's not. This has come up before, and will continue to come up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration