Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

The 23 year old's parents are also illegal aliens. The entire familia can be repatriated to Argentina. Since madre and padre lived there prior to sneaking into the US, they will be able to help their son adapt to his new life in his home country.

Since you are so opposed to sending illegal aliens who came here as children back to their home countries after they have lived in the US, are you equally opposed to uprooting a 7 year old and tearing him away from his friends and the only life he has ever known on order to sneak him into the US, a place where he does not know the language, etc. I have yet to hear any of you criticize parents who subject their children to that.
Excellent point! Certainly momma and poppa will be going home also. It could me much harder for this 23 year old young man to adapt to life without them.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
I just criticized his parents in several posts

If any of you knew anything about child psychology, you'd know the error in your argument. A 7 year old is a child who has undergone very little social development- a 3 year old even less so. The effect is far less traumatizing. Sure, he's 23 and should be able to suck it up alright if he has to move somewhere, but deporting him with absolutely no option is grossly ignorant. It would be beyond devastating to him, and it would be ignorant of the facts and a low point for the US gov.
You don't know that and he doesn't even know that. What if he goes back home and finds that he loves it there?

You know that's possible. Sometimes American students studying in another country find they really like that country.

I once knew a legal foreign exchange student from Japan, she was to be here only for the year but she picked up a little kitten which she raised and bonded with. She was completely devastated when she learned her country would not allow her to bring home her pet with her when it was time to go home. She was trying to find ways that she could stay in the USA to be with her cat, even telling her parents she never wanted to return home if she couldn't bring her cat.

In the end she did go home, without her pet. Kind of sad but sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Boo-ho-ho-ho-ho!

Cry me a river.

Everyone has choices in life. Some make good choices and some make bad choices.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:33 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
So if your Parent's give you an expensive painting when you are a child do you not have to give it back when later in life you find out it was stolen?
Your Parents can make bad choices, sometimes it will affect you too.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:37 PM

122 posts, read 150,685 times
Well, there is no real argument here. I think it's wrong to deport him, you don't. Maybe if you guys knew him you'd realize how indoctrinated into society he was here. I don't think he even speaks Spanish.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Well, there is no real argument here. I think it's wrong to deport him, you don't. Maybe if you guys knew him you'd realize how indoctrinated into society he was here. I don't think he even speaks Spanish.
It's a sad story true, I had a friend in the same situation and she is doing fine back in S Africa.

If his Parents didn't know English and he didn't know Spanish how did they communicate? I hear that same thing over and over and it just doesn't make any sense. They have to be able to communicate somehow.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:46 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's a sad story true, I had a friend in the same situation and she is doing fine back in S Africa.

If his Parents didn't know English and he didn't know Spanish how did they communicate? I hear that same thing over and over and it just doesn't make any sense. They have to be able to communicate somehow.
Brail.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:57 PM

122 posts, read 150,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

He's the son of my mother-in-law-to-be's old friend. I'm pretty sure that his parents only really spoke English which is why he only speaks English and a little broken Spanish.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
He's the son of my mother-in-law-to-be's old friend. I'm pretty sure that his parents only really spoke English which is why he only speaks English and a little broken Spanish.
They actually lost the ability to speak the language they grew up with in the short span of 20 years?

Old 07-06-2009, 04:21 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
Nice fight you guys have here, mind if I cut in ? Actually, I don't really care if you mind.
After several infractions (you know who you are), I have 2 things I need to address: 1st of all, leave the moderating to the mods. 2nd - the moment you start getting emotional, you lose credibility. Think about it.
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration