Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2007, 12:42 PM

447 posts, read 799,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Well it gives them birthright and therefore the baby can obtain medicare and welfare right? Why would they pay for it out of pocket when they can for free? Would you pay for it if it can be obtained for free as a legal right?

the fourteenth admendment was constructed for slaves, or freemen..not for illegals.

do some research...knowledge is key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 12:43 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,540,326 times
Quote:
You have deliberately engaged in misleading behavior and changed your initial post. This has been reported to the moderators. There is little point in responding to any of your posts if you then go back and modify them such that they say something entirely different.
Don't be silly. People have the right to edit their posts. That's why there's the edit button.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-27-2007 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: But it can screw up the discussion when responding to the original idea presented in the thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:52 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,492,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Don't be silly. People have the right to edit their posts. That's why there's the edit button.
To edit a post for clarification, spelling or punctuation errors is one thing. To go back and rewrite the post to change the basic message is another. I have seen both posts. At this point it is up to the mods how or if to handle the situation.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:28 PM

38 posts, read 173,818 times
Default Laws are Laws as any Fool Can See

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
though i respect the sentiment, i cannot respect the notion that there are no borders, you do not say where you live, but i live in america...and even witht he law of the bible, the bible also says that man must respect mans law...and if there is an immigration law in place, then all must respect and follow it.
I trust the "laws are laws as any fool can see" people will have the same attitude when it comes time to prosecute the "illegal torturers".

Wasn't the big-picture message of the Bible one of compassion and tolerance? Wasn't the tower of Babel story concerned with Man's intolerance and the creation of borders and languages a punishment? I don't think the "render unto Caesar" message gave God's stamp of approval to Roman laws that required early Christians to be fed to lions, but maybe I am wrong.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:18 PM

24 posts, read 44,482 times
This is obsurd. You people have an excuse for everything. You get asked a simple question and you have to quote articles that are biased or come out with some kind of diversion to avoid answering the question. Someone tries to point out that that a woman 9 months pregnant does not risk her life to cross the border and have it in America because she's looking for work, she does it to aquire the right to be here. You turn it into an issue of "The husband works doesn't he?, The wives work too, blah blah blah". Well OF COURSE they have to work once their here, people who have to support a family have to work! Diverting totally from her original point! Then you try to tell me that the Southwest was aquired illegally so they should have the right to take it back anyway? Are you insane? THIS WHOLE COUNTRY WAS AQUIRED ILLEGALLY!!! IT was stolen from the American Indians! So next time have a valid point. Things are they way they are, the past is the past, deal with it. And to you NDFMNLF, the answer is NO, I will never in my life sign anything to grant amnesty to the illegals here. Nothing to say "You've been breaking the law for "x" amount of years now, so now I'm going to reward you by making you a citizen". That's a slap in the face to the people who worked hard and waited patiently to do it the right way. Most of you liberals are upper class, white collar people who look at this situation from a distance and make your judgements. Why don't you try LIVING IN IT, you might have a different opinion. You see the affects of the illegals on your TV and in your paper, I see it from my FRONT PORCH. I don't have wealth that I can just say, "How unfortunate for these people, let's just give them all these things they didn't earn, cause God forbid I have to pay more for produce". I don't have that luxury, I work MOD CUT for my money, and I'll be damned if some illegal puts me out of a job and puts me and all others like me out of a job because they're willing to work for half the pay. NDFMLNF I'm sure if you MOD CUT got put out in the street because an illegal was willing to be a doctor for $20 and hour you'd be singing a whole different tune. Same with you greatbasinguide, if these things were ACTUALLY AFFECTING YOU you might have a different attitude. Must be rough on you while you sail down to Mexico. All I know is I am done arguing with those that have no argument and who's way of thinking make absolutely NO SENSE TO ME! When the United States turn into a third world country we'll have people like you to thank. You bleeding heart liberals are sickening to me. Goodbye, it's been fun.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-27-2007 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: language

Old 10-27-2007, 02:41 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,477,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paasche209 View Post
This is obsurd. You people have an excuse for everything. You get asked a simple question and you have to quote articles that are biased or come out with some kind of diversion to avoid answering the question. Someone tries to point out that that a woman 9 months pregnant does not risk her life to cross the border and have it in America because she's looking for work, she does it to aquire the right to be here. You turn it into an issue of "The husband works doesn't he?, The wives work too, blah blah blah". Well OF COURSE they have to work once their here, people who have to support a family have to work! Diverting totally from her original point! Then you try to tell me that the Southwest was aquired illegally so they should have the right to take it back anyway? Are you insane? THIS WHOLE COUNTRY WAS AQUIRED ILLEGALLY!!! IT was stolen from the American Indians! So next time have a valid point. Things are they way they are, the past is the past, deal with it. And to you NDFMNLF, the answer is NO, I will never in my life sign anything to grant amnesty to the illegals here. Nothing to say "You've been breaking the law for "x" amount of years now, so now I'm going to reward you by making you a citizen". That's a slap in the face to the people who worked hard and waited patiently to do it the right way. Most of you liberals are upper class, white collar people who look at this situation from a distance and make your judgements. Why don't you try LIVING IN IT, you might have a different opinion. You see the affects of the illegals on your TV and in your paper, I see it from my FRONT PORCH. I don't have wealth that I can just say, "How unfortunate for these people, let's just give them all these things they didn't earn, cause God forbid I have to pay more for produce". I don't have that luxury, I work for my money, and I'll be damned if some illegal puts me out of a job and puts me and all others like me out of a job because they're willing to work for half the pay. NDFMLNF I'm sure if you got put out in the street because an illegal was willing to be a doctor for $20 and hour you'd be singing a whole different tune. Same with you greatbasinguide, if these things were ACTUALLY AFFECTING YOU you might have a different attitude. Must be rough on you while you sail down to Mexico. All I know is I am done arguing with those that have no argument and who's way of thinking make absolutely NO SENSE TO ME! When the United States turn into a third world country we'll have people like you to thank. You bleeding heart liberals are sickening to me. Goodbye, it's been fun.

I think you hit on a hidden psychological infliction of those who are familiar with or have "Latin American culture" roots and dealins.

They don't particularly CARE about the deterioration of middle class America because they are familiar and comfortable with the sort of "walled off" class stratification found South of the Border. If it happens here, and they can view it from a distance, it doesn't matter to them.

Cowboy Capitalists and open border advocates/illegal sympthizers have the same perspective: "My way, and the middle class and future of THIS country be damned." I'm not going to advocate the overthrow and silencing of both groups.... but I won't cry if it happens.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-27-2007 at 06:16 PM..

Old 10-27-2007, 02:43 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,454,617 times
Quote:
that your son did the same thing(running from justice) and you feel he was not criminal is your opinion,
There is a problem with many of the posters on this board. I do not know if it a failure of the educational system or if it is a flaw of the idealogue, but one person can say A, and a poster will come online and tell him he said B. I have no idea why this happens, but it is sure weird. Sort of a "Post Hoc Ergo Not Propter Hoc"

Quote:
illegals with false documents can though, and do...every single day.

dont doubt that for a moment.
Then there is no problem with the law, there is a problem with the enforcement, and that is easily rectified.

Regarding the birth of children charged to the state, I have no problem with that, just as I believe in free education through college, the return to the state in future taxes justifies the cost.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
the fourteenth admendment was constructed for slaves, or freemen..not for illegals.

do some research...knowledge is key.
Well, not really, Slaves were not citizens, nor were Indians. I think you are thinking of the oft promulgated but incorrect idea that radical Republicans wanted it to protect former slaves

Old 10-27-2007, 02:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,589,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I think you hit on a hidden psychological infliction of those who are familiar with or have "Latin American culture" roots and dealins.

They don't particularly CARE about the deterioration of middle class America because they are familiar and comfortable with the sort of "walled off" class stratification found South of the Border. If it happens here, and they can view it from a distance, it doesn't matter to them.

Cowboy Capitalists and open border advocates/illegal sympthizers have the same perspective: "My way, and the middle class and future of THIS country be damned." I'm not going to advocate the overthrow and silencing of both groups.... but I won't cry if it happens.
Lots of food for thought here. Illegal immigration is only part of the reason for concern, but the existence of the American middle class is a huge part of what makes America such a "livable" place, so free (so far, at least) from the murderous class hatreds that exist in so much of the world. We don't (yet) have to arm ourselves, or live in gated communities...yet.... because, so far, most of us don't seriously hate and resent each other. That's because the huge middle class gives "comfort" to the rich, and a reasonable hope to the poor.

Take away that "middle class" segment of society, and much of the security we take for granted disappears. Anyone who's traveled abroad has seen this all too well. Not a pleasant way to live, believe me---but that's what happens, when society consists only of the very rich and the desperately poor. Could it happen here? Probably, if we don't take precautions.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:59 PM

The threat to the American Middle Class is hardly the result of illegal immigration. It is much more the result of government policies that make the super rich richer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration