Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Current Daily Average of Illegal Aliens Entering the United States
Close to 0 per day 1 6.67%
Less than 100 per day 0 0%
Between 100 to 1000 per day 7 46.67%
From 1000 to 5000 per day 3 20.00%
More than 5000 per day 4 26.67%
Other (state estimate in comment) 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 07:06 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,867,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Zero. It's been 12 million illegals in the US for over 10 years.
That means for every one that comes, one goes back.

While every other lifeform grows in population numbers, the illegals have not. A constant 12 million for over 10 years.
That is one stat for the history books eh folks ?

The real answer is that we don't know how many are here, how many come across every week.
WE DON'T KNOW.

Grant amnesty though and we'll get a pretty good idea. When Reagan did it it ended up being near twice the official projections.
I posted the link to a chart earlier that shows the Border Patrol apprehensions since 1925 (they formed up in 1924). There are seven years that average close to a million and a half removed per year, and another 14 years that average out over a million per year. That's over 25 million Border Patrol removals in the last twenty years.

If the illegal alien population had ballooned up over those years, it would have been caught by many organizations (like what "malamute" sourced), and impossible to cover up (especially over many administrations)...

I do believe the Border Patrol chart, and feel that it shows illegal immigration "new arrivals" are really dropping off. My pick on the poll takes those numbers to mind, where I believe the Border Patrol is catching almost all new entries. All the statistics have to resolve for me to trust the numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,468,161 times
"New arrivals" aren't dropping off around here. If anything there are more illegals than ever.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:31 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
"New arrivals" aren't dropping off around here. If anything there are more illegals than ever.
Again, how are you determining they are more recent arrivals of illegal aliens?...

I mean, your "around here" is closer to Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Kansas, Mississippi, and even New Mexico, than to the border with Mexico...

Old 11-26-2012, 01:44 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,183,142 times
I too chose 1-5K based on a statement by a BP agent that they catch an average on 100 per night in Nogales. Considering this is one small area, and includes only those they actually catch, I think the total number would be at least 3K on average, and closer to 5K at times.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,234,494 times
I dont think the border agents are really trying to catch most of the illegals. On the border guard tv show you see several agents walking around trying to sneak up on groups of illegals when WE ALL KNOW A DOG COULD DO THE JOB 100 TIMES BETTER.. Why no dogs? One trained dog could locate more illegals in 10 minutes than dozens of foot patrol guys could in a day...

Old 11-26-2012, 08:04 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,631,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
A few good charts in a single PDF: http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...fing_92_11.pdf

More than doubling in the last ten years, which was double what it was twenty years ago...

That's pretty good, and sets the bar for determining what it is now. Here is another great chart for all of the years: http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/..._app_stats.pdf

Unless it has dropped off much more drastically, I would say in 2012 it would be between 100 to 1000 a day, based on the granularity I selected in making the poll. In reality, I had little of a preconceived notion of what it might be.
The number of agents means nothing when their hands are tied. Most are too afraid they'll be accused of harassment, or the dreaded racism label. They know if they dare use deadly force when warranted, they'll most likely be prosecuted and risk imprisonment and their livelihood. They can't be effective, because they're not allowed to actually uphold the law. The same applies to ICE.

After all, it's now considered racist and inhumane not to welcome illegals with open arms, and embrace them as members of the "immigrant" community. If they managed to survive their trek through the scorching desert or swim the Rio Grande, we "owe" them an opportunity to seek a better life. And, only the bigots, xenophobes, and nativists oppose their illegal presence.

Who can present credible evidence to prove illegal immigration has "dropped off?" Certainly not the government.

Quote:
Your same source shows U.S. population tabling from 2011 to 2012 (United States - Population - Historical Data Graphs per Year), and a dramatic reduction in population growth (United States - Population growth rate - Historical Data Graphs per Year). Four million babies were born (half to Whites, half to all minorities combined) in a 12-month period ending July 2011, that rate starts to drop in 2012 (United States - Birth rate - Historical Data Graphs per Year). You are correct that about a million per year is from legal immigration in growth numbers.

Selecting "5000 or more per day" in my poll would have a growth of around 1.5 million illegal immigrants per year at minimum (allowing for what the Border Patrol is reporting for apprehensions). That might have been true in previous years, but doesn't match up with the most recent data for what is currently happening. Keep in mind I am using to same source you quote here.

You also didn't say what portion of those numbers you attributed to the Border Crossing Cards and asylum cases...
Most "recent" data? Please. None of the so-called data, recent or otherwise, has even a semblance of accuracy. It's all a guesstimate, and always has been, which, IMO, is a national disgrace. We must be the only country in the world with such a lackadaisical attitude regarding border security and illegal entries. Of course, unlike the US, most countries don't have untold millions living there illegally, because they actually protect their borders from foreign incursion. They take their sovereignty and national security seriously.

Quote:
I posted the link to a chart earlier that shows the Border Patrol apprehensions since 1925 (they formed up in 1924). There are seven years that average close to a million and a half removed per year, and another 14 years that average out over a million per year. That's over 25 million Border Patrol removals in the last twenty years.

If the illegal alien population had ballooned up over those years, it would have been caught by many organizations (like what "malamute" sourced), and impossible to cover up (especially over many administrations)...

I do believe the Border Patrol chart, and feel that it shows illegal immigration "new arrivals" are really dropping off. My pick on the poll takes those numbers to mind, where I believe the Border Patrol is catching almost all new entries. All the statistics have to resolve for me to trust the numbers.
Again, nothing but guesstimates. Should we also estimate the number of Mexican drug cartel members in this country by the number apprehended at the border? Illegal immigration is the only category the government "estimates" based on the number apprehended, and then compiles "official" data as if it has a shred of reliability. They certainly don't presume to know the number of ID thieves, child molesters, rapists, or murderers based on the number they apprehend. This is total BS.

So, if they apprehend 1,000 how many can we "assume" they didn't catch?

Quote:
Again, how are you determining they are more recent arrivals of illegal aliens?...

I mean, your "around here" is closer to Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Kansas, Mississippi, and even New Mexico, than to the border with Mexico...
How can anyone determine whether an illegal alien is a recent arrival? Perhaps you'd like to explain. Furthermore, IMO, it makes no difference whether they came yesterday or 10 years ago. Why do you believe we should find comfort in an assumed reduction in recent arrivals? Regardless, we still have untold millions sucking us dry.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,878,134 times
There are illegals that visit my home on occasion. Mostly from South America...If they are good people..who see opportunity in Canada and want to work..and be honest citizens..They have my full support...The ones that I do not like are immigrants who get legal then hire and abuse illegals...Those types should have their legality revoked and should have be deported...Canada does not need users who operate like criminals...

No I am not a lefty. It just makes sense to me that we must filter out those that are good and honest people from the cut throat opportunists that have come to use and abuse our clean system...I don't want Canada tainted by creeps.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 AM

63,512 posts, read 29,567,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There are illegals that visit my home on occasion. Mostly from South America...If they are good people..who see opportunity in Canada and want to work..and be honest citizens..They have my full support...The ones that I do not like are immigrants who get legal then hire and abuse illegals...Those types should have their legality revoked and should have be deported...Canada does not need users who operate like criminals...

No I am not a lefty. It just makes sense to me that we must filter out those that are good and honest people from the cut throat opportunists that have come to use and abuse our clean system...I don't want Canada tainted by creeps.
How does doing something illegally equate to being good and honest?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,631,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

You're fortunate that illegal immigration in Canada hasn't reached critical mass. Illegals aren't closing your hospitals, displacing your workers, depressing wages, overcrowding your schools, and bankrupting your country. It's easy to be hospitable when illegal immigration isn't a problem. We were very generous in 1986 when the government "estimated" less than 1 million were here illegally, but when the dust settled, 3 million applied and were granted amnesty. Now, it's out of control. You don't have our problem.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 AM

63,512 posts, read 29,567,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The number of agents means nothing when their hands are tied. Most are too afraid they'll be accused of harassment, or the dreaded racism label. They know if they dare use deadly force when warranted, they'll most likely be prosecuted and risk imprisonment and their livelihood. They can't be effective, because they're not allowed to actually uphold the law. The same applies to ICE.

After all, it's now considered racist and inhumane not to welcome illegals with open arms, and embrace them as members of the "immigrant" community. If they managed to survive their trek through the scorching desert or swim the Rio Grande, we "owe" them an opportunity to seek a better life. And, only the bigots, xenophobes, and nativists oppose their illegal presence.

Who can present credible evidence to prove illegal immigration has "dropped off?" Certainly not the government.

Most "recent" data? Please. None of the so-called data, recent or otherwise, has even a semblance of accuracy. It's all a guesstimate, and always has been, which, IMO, is a national disgrace. We must be the only country in the world with such a lackadaisical attitude regarding border security and illegal entries. Of course, unlike the US, most countries don't have untold millions living there illegally, because they actually protect their borders from foreign incursion. They take their sovereignty and national security seriously.

Again, nothing but guesstimates. Should we also estimate the number of Mexican drug cartel members in this country by the number apprehended at the border? Illegal immigration is the only category the government "estimates" based on the number apprehended, and then compiles "official" data as if it has a shred of reliability. They certainly don't presume to know the number of ID thieves, child molesters, rapists, or murderers based on the number they apprehend. This is total BS.

So, if they apprehend 1,000 how many can we "assume" they didn't catch?

How can anyone determine whether an illegal alien is a recent arrival? Perhaps you'd like to explain. Furthermore, IMO, it makes no difference whether they came yesterday or 10 years ago. Why do you believe we should find comfort in an assumed reduction in recent arrivals? Regardless, we still have untold millions sucking us dry.
I agree. Until we rid ourselves of the millions here illegally already what is the purpose of gauging how many more are entering each day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration