Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 08:20 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,981 times

Advertisements

What's next?

Quote:
Along with a tidal wave of illegal aliens, this medieval practice has now made its way to the U.S.
Illegal aliens now committing ‘rapto’ in the United States

Old 04-25-2010, 08:35 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,517 times
What a load of crap...Hey Mr. Gibson, could please state what these men were charged with? Kidnapping right, where in the hell did you get "Rapto".
The fact Mr. Gibson is if these men are convicted it will be to the crime of Kidnapping.

Where these guys come up with this crap is mind-boggling.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What a load of crap...Hey Mr. Gibson, could please state what these men were charged with? Kidnapping right, where in the hell did you get "Rapto".
The fact Mr. Gibson is if these men are convicted it will be to the crime of Kidnapping.

the motive in the kidnapping was significant and included a decent description in the link article provided. why angry? the explanation was given if you read the link.
being aware of the games played by illegals is a good thing. lots of lonely women out there need to know.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:52 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,981 times
Quote:

Indeed, it is mind-boggling.

Quote:
In the southern state of Oaxaca last summer, the one-year-old, government-funded Oaxacan Women's Institute persuaded the legislature to pass heavy criminal penalties against a practice known as "rapto." Laws in most Mexican states define rapto as a case where a man kidnaps a woman not for ransom, but with the intent of marrying her or to satisfy his "erotic sexual desire." The new law championed by the women's group established penalties of at least 10 years in prison.
The Pulitzer Prizes | In Mexico, an Unpunished Crime

Old 04-25-2010, 08:56 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,343,552 times
Quote:

Hey pal...they kidnapped her. That's more than enough cause for concern.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:09 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
And people wonder why prejudice is growing against Spanish speaking Hispanics as a group and illegal aliens in particular? The folks I feel bad for are those 'brown' people (of any race/ethnicity) who are innocent but look the part.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:10 PM

894 posts, read 1,126,939 times
@guys, I can't speak for 1751texan, but the way I read his post was that he too was disgusted by this practice.

As for the comment he made about the charges, if convicted, would be for "kidnapping" ... I would also imagine that to be true because I'm not sure we have any laws that pertain to "Rapto" on the books in the US. Isn't "Rapto" a Mexico-specific crime?

With the huge amount of illegal alien activity going on in this country, the influx of gang-culture, the imported drugs & their related crimes, I'm not surprised that country-specific types of crimes (e.g., Rapto) are now happening in this country.

It's just another example to support the fact that our Government needs to get off its collective butt and do something about illegal immigration.

If they kicked out all of the illegals, the savings to States would more than offset the cost of deporting them all. There'd even be extra money left over to apply toward the costs of finishing the border fence.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:24 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,773 times
I think it is even more important now to put the pressure on Mexico to do more for its people because I honestly think that the worse it gets down there, the more of things like this will happen. I mean, if Mexico continues to lose jobs, work and the drugs keep taking over then people get desperate and since we are their neighbors, the last thing we want is people who have nothing to lose coming in and acting as such. I'm not saying that all of Mexico is bad and that there is no good there, but it is getting and has been getting pretty crazy down there.

I got to say though, I don't know how they confirmed they are here illegally.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:34 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,784 times
Rape and kidnapping are horrendous crimes no matter the locale and should be punishable as close to death as the laws allow. It is in fact expected for cultures to continue with their own practices, proof in many of our segregated "Little Italy's" and "Chinatowns" to a degree; yet our laws override. Criminals on the other hand practice breaking the law no matter where they go. To suggest this as a normal practice of culture is what I questioned and found this in the article:

Quote:
Mexico is struggling to modernize its justice system, but when it comes to punishing sexual violence against women, surprisingly little has changed in a century. In many parts of Mexico, the penalty for stealing a cow is harsher than the punishment for rape.
It's a safe assumption to believe that that this would be viewed as acceptable therefore continued. Just Horrible. Another reason to secure our borders and determine who it is that is in this country and who we allow to enter.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:55 PM

894 posts, read 1,126,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I got to say though, I don't know how they confirmed they are here illegally.
Taking their fingerprints, mug shot, and then running them through NCIC and SCOPE would pretty much be all that's needed to know if someone is legal or not.

My Mom is retired from the PD in Vegas and used to have to run NCIC and SCOPE hits all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration