Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 02:41 PM

27,663 posts, read 16,151,349 times

Advertisements

Funny thing is I can tell an American Indian from a Mexican.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:51 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk742 View Post
The Spanish were given their own Spanish Land Grants because they helped the U.S. fight and finance U.S. wars. Also over half of these Spanish Grant Lands were stolen from them by illegally imposed Government taxes, Shady Lawyers, Bad Surveyors and Rich Ranchers that took over these Spanish Land Grants.... Also please dont mix the Spanish with Mexicans who were from Mexico and the Americas the Spanish were Europeans from Spain. Once again We want to bunch up the Spanish with the Mexicans. It just proves my point that we dont understand our History or we think its easier to think that Denial is a River in Egypt.
Speaking of U.S. Wars theres lots of Mexicans serving 3 and 4 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan in hopes that they will be granted U.S. Citizenship someday GEE i wonder why we never hear about them?
The Spanish WERE the Mexicans after 1821, moron. The King of Spain granted land grants that Mexico (Spanish President - Mexico has never had a first peoples president to this day, all have been of Spanish decent) then retained and allowed to remain. The Treaty which you are claiming was 1848. Nothing has proven your point, you have no point , only fallacy. The one that doesn't understand history is you. You seem to be mixing the Mexicans (todays Mexicans) with the Hispanics (Spanish from Spain) as it was the Spanish from Spain that helped during the War of Independence.

There are US Legal Permanent Residents of Latino heritage serving, there are no "Mexicans" serving in the US Armed Forces, our Constitution and laws limit our military to citizens and LPR/GC holders. 10 U.S.C. § 504

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 12-16-2011 at 03:17 PM..

Old 12-16-2011, 03:30 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
We also label the Spanish Mexicans because they came from South America up through Mexico and into what is now the United States so we assume the Spanish are Mexicans.
If you really want to be precise, the migration was the other way around.

All native Americans are descended from Asians. The migration occurred from the Central Asian plateau, north along the Siberian tundra, across the Bering Strait land bridge across what we call Alaska today, then south along the western coast of Canada, further south along the west coast, then south again into Mexico, central and south america.

ALL Native Americans can trace their genetic lineage to Asia.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:08 PM

35 posts, read 90,848 times
Ive lived in N.M. Most of my life and when i go into the Indian Reservations all around N.M. i cant tell the Difference between an Indian and a Mexican. Lots of Indians have Latino names around Grants and Acoma look through your phone books in all these reservations throughout N.M. As for serving in the Service a couple of years ago they had an article in the News about lots of Mexicans who didnt have their papers were serving several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and didnt have their papers but that was kept quiet because i guess they didnt want the word to get out... Just like a lawmaker from Utah was trying to get Undocumented Immigrants passed into a law to serve to help our troops but that was kept hush up. But We do have undocumented immigrants serving many tours in Iraq and Afghanistan but we dont hear about it because the government is keeping that information very quiet.
Denial to some is a River in Egypt but the truth will always be the Truth although it might hurt some people its still the truth like it or not.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:03 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Ive lived in N.M. Most of my life and when i go into the Indian Reservations all around N.M. i cant tell the Difference between an Indian and a Mexican. Lots of Indians have Latino names around Grants and Acoma look through your phone books in all these reservations throughout N.M. As for serving in the Service a couple of years ago they had an article in the News about lots of Mexicans who didnt have their papers were serving several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and didnt have their papers but that was kept quiet because i guess they didnt want the word to get out... Just like a lawmaker from Utah was trying to get Undocumented Immigrants passed into a law to serve to help our troops but that was kept hush up. But We do have undocumented immigrants serving many tours in Iraq and Afghanistan but we dont hear about it because the government is keeping that information very quiet.
Denial to some is a River in Egypt but the truth will always be the Truth although it might hurt some people its still the truth like it or not.
Some article in a newspaper doesn't prove anything. All we are saying is that illegal aliens cannot lawfully serve in our military. If some are doing so, I doubt that most are doing it out of love or loyalty to this country rather than for financial gain (can't get a regular job) and/or a promise of legalization here.

Why should you be able to tell the difference between a Mexican (a nationality) and a native indian (a race)? Most Mexicans have native indian ancestory so obviously that bloodline would be reflected in their looks. If a native indian has a Spanish surname it is because he/she is of mixed blood of Spanish (white) and native indian aka a Mestizo.

You really need a lesson in genetics, what nationality is opposed to genetics and history. Come up with a different line other than the repititious one you keep using at the end of your posts. Seems you are in denial about a lot of things yourself.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:31 PM

373 posts, read 710,833 times
All this who is who stuff is for the birds... Just show your freakin ID papers or leave.....

Old 12-16-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Those few that were found out to be illegal aliens serving in the armed forces were given discharges and immigration hearings for which the majority are actually deported. Illegal immigrant
Quote:
Bautista was devastated. An illegal immigrant from Mexico, she had served six years in the U.S. military — including a 13-month tour of duty in Iraq — and was eligible to apply for naturalization under a decades-old law.
But approval of her case depended on the discretion of citizenship officials. Bautista had served in the military under a false identity, that of her U.S. citizen aunt, Rosalia Guerra Morelos.
There is no denial, only your inane fallacies.

http://www.latinalista.net/palabrafinal/2010/01/group_of_deported_military_veterans_plea.html (broken link)

The claim you have about Utah was nothing more than part of the DREAM Act, it was never passed into law.

Denial is something you seem to have in abundance.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 PM

555 posts, read 877,499 times
Quote:
The Los Angeles Riots of the 50s or 60s if one was to read about them was a shameful part of American history according to the first Lady at the time. Where the U.S. Navy went into Latino neighborhoods and killed and injured Latino kids and none of these Navy soldiers were prosecuted.
The LA riots of the 50's and 60's were by blacks, not Latinos.

The US Navy certaintly didn't go into Latino neighborhoods and kill kids. This false statement renders your entire post worthless. If that were true, I dare say there would be no Latinos in the Navy today. Or in any branch of the US Armed Forces.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
The LA riots of the 50's and 60's were by blacks, not Latinos.

The US Navy certaintly didn't go into Latino neighborhoods and kill kids. This false statement renders your entire post worthless. If that were true, I dare say there would be no Latinos in the Navy today. Or in any branch of the US Armed Forces.
I think he is attempting to discuss the Zoot Suit Riots of the 40's. He fails in understanding what started it.
Quote:
Two conflicts between Mexicans and military personnel had a great effect on the start of the riots. The first occurred on May 30, 1943, four days before the start of the riots. The altercation involved a dozen sailors and soldiers including Seaman Second Class Joe Dacy Coleman. The group was walking down Main Street when they spotted a group of young women on the opposite side of the street. With the exception of Coleman and another soldier, the group crossed the street to approach the women. Coleman continued on, walking past a small group of young men in zoot suits. As he walked by, Coleman saw one of the young men raise his arm in a “threatening” manner, so he turned around and grabbed it. It was then that something or someone struck the sailor in the back of the head at which point he fell to the ground unconscious, breaking his jaw in two places. On the opposite side of the street, young men attacked the servicemen out of nowhere. In the midst of this battle, the service men managed to fight their way to Coleman and drag him to safety. [20]
The second incident took place four days later on the night of June 3, 1943. About eleven sailors got off a bus and started walking along Main Street in Downtown Los Angeles. At some point they ran into a group of young Mexicans dressed in zoot suits and got in a verbal argument. It was then that the sailors claimed that they were jumped and beaten by this gang of zoot suiters. When the LAPD responded to the incident, many of them off duty officers, they called themselves the Vengeance Squad and went to the scene “seeking to clean up Main Street from what they viewed as the loathsome influence of pachuco gangs.” The next day, 200 members of the U.S. Navy got a convoy of about 20 taxi cabs and headed for East Los Angeles. When the sailors spotted their first victims, most of them 12-13 year old boys, they clubbed the boys and adults that were trying to stop them. They also stripped the boys of their zoot suits and burned the tattered clothes in a pile. They were determined to attack and strip all minorities that they came across who were wearing zoot suits. It was with this attack that the Zoot Suit Riots started.
Seems the Chicano's started it.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:01 PM

35 posts, read 90,848 times
Apparently the President of the United States wife thought it was bad enough to say it was a shameful part of American History of course there are two parts to the story read the real part in the book North from Mexico by Carey McWilliams its not at all like its being explained here but i guess Denial can be a river in Egypt for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration