Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 11:42 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,785,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk742 View Post
Amazing post the Mexicans came to the west coast and pushed on to South America thousands and thousands of miles away never bothering to head east or north a few hundred miles away to some of the most beautiful country in the world. Denial is a River in Egypt to some people.. I rest my case.. I guess the Spanish brought all the South American Aztecs, Central Americans, Mexicans in all those ships from Spain. PS. how can you be Catholic and Atheist??

Ok, enough is enough....This coming from a half breed who is tired of crapola like these types of useless threads. My Mexican side of the family understands where they came from and who they are. We don't need people like you, trying to correct us or supposed history that you think is right. Then you bring Christianity into it. WTH? If you don't like American history, then I suggest you move to Mexico or Canada or somewhere else where their history suits your needs. Have a wonderful, beautiful, C-D Day!

Old 12-16-2011, 11:46 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
some mexicans are indian some are not.
the brotherhood between yaqui indians south and north of the border falls short of tight.
but for you to treat the indians in mexico like dogs for over 100 years and then cross over illegally asserting that you are native americans and are a protected species--- stinks.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
This title has nothing to do with illegal immigration, should be moved or deleted.
I said that from the get-go. I think this poster is trying to imply that Mexicans have a right to come here illegally based on his Chicano Studies version of past history.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:02 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,215,118 times
I think the OP needs to go back and read up on his definitions and history... and get back with us. That first post is a wandering mess of incorrectness...

Old 12-16-2011, 12:20 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,733,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The "Americas" have been broken up into several countries eons ago. Mexicans are citizens of the country of Mexico, not the USA. If they are being treated like slaves here then why do they continue to come here illegally? Their tribal ancestors were not indigenous to this country. The descendants of the tribes who were indigenous to this country such as the Apache, Navajo, etc. are full fledged citizens of this country. Mexicans have no claim on the USA whatsoever.

What would God say about people who illegally invade another country's borders and cause their citizens pain? Maybe it is you who needs a lesson in Christianity.

No one born in this country is here illegally. Get a grip!
I'm thinking that this won't be a popular opinion in this forum.

Anyway, regarding the OP: some Mexicans are native Americans, if by 'American' we are referring to anyone who is born in North, Central or South America. Wouldn't this be the same logic utilized by those who argued that Gov. Perry did not misspeak when he referred to Juarez as a 'American' city?
There certainly are Native Americans indigenous to Mexico - the original Apache territory did indeed extend south of the Rio Grande and I wouldn't doubt that other tribes' did as well. In theory, there must at least be one or two people still living in Mexico who descend from those peoples, so the OP's thesis is not entirely off-base.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I'm thinking that this won't be a popular opinion in this forum.

Anyway, regarding the OP: some Mexicans are native Americans, if by 'American' we are referring to anyone who is born in North, Central or South America. Wouldn't this be the same logic utilized by those who argued that Gov. Perry did not misspeak when he referred to Juarez as a 'American' city?
There certainly are Native Americans indigenous to Mexico - the original Apache territory did indeed extend south of the Rio Grande and I wouldn't doubt that other tribes' did as well. In theory, there must at least be one or two people still living in Mexico who descend from those peoples, so the OP's thesis is not entirely off-base.
If you are referring to anchor babies, yes they are citizens of this country by the present laws on the books. However, that needs to change for the future.

The fact remains that we have treaties with those tribes that were indigenous to this country, they have their soveirgn lands here and are U.S. citizens. If someone south of our border wants to claim their ancestors were also then let them take it up with our government or more importantly with the tribes here they are claiming to be a descendant of.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:03 PM

35 posts, read 90,910 times
The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed in 1848 in which Mexicans were suppose to keep their Language, Religion and land that they lived on when they became American citizens but the U.S. sent their soldiers in to Rape the Women and Children while the men were tied up and so therefore scared or ran the Mexicans back into to Mexico and ended up keeping their land.
Also the Texas Rangers were created to fight law and order and also to run the Mexicans back into Mexico and there was an open season on Mexicans and even the Texas Rangers could shoot them on sight. A Texan named Red was asked how many notches he had on his gun handle and he replied something like Ten not including Mexicans. The Los Angeles Riots of the 50s or 60s if one was to read about them was a shameful part of American history according to the first Lady at the time. Where the U.S. Navy went into Latino neighborhoods and killed and injured Latino kids and none of these Navy soldiers were prosecuted. Today Undocumented Immigrants are being treated the same way but today WE call them Illegal so we can justify the injustice done to these people that have kids and Grandkids here.
For years we lured them here in promise of Jobs for their Cheap labor but now that they are growing in numbers we want them out regardless of how many kids and grandkids they have here, and we have no concern about how many families we will be breaking up and the load we will be putting on the Welfare system when the Heads of Household that support these kids are sent back to Mexico.
Newt Gingrich is Way up on the Polls after stating on National TV that We should not be breaking up families of Undocumented Immigrants because this is Inhumane and We should be working on laws to keep them here if they have Good police records and are contributing to Society and their local churches and have kids and grandkids here.
I voted for Obama but he hasnt done much to help the Undocumented Immigrants i guess he forgets that his people were treated as Slaves and just as bad as Undocumented Immigrants are today and also hes afraid to rock the boat and not get elected if he tries to side with the Undocumented Immigrants but i think if he did side with the Latinos he would have a better chance of getting elected because Latinos are already or soon to be the Majority here in the U.S. and i think thats the reason some here are trying to jail them and send them back but they use the excuse that they are taking up American Jobs and they are criminals but most of the Mexicans i know are very quiet and stay to themselves and work Very hard and do their share to contribute to American Society and to our economy.
The Latinos including the Spanish and Mexicans today are still being treated badly if you look at our Color TVs they are Black and White and the Only Heroes Latino Kids have are Michael Jordan and the Taco Bell Chihuahua and when it comes to exposure by the Media the only time Latinos get exposure is when they commit a crime and thats when the Media has a field day but when they have anything to contribute to Society they are ignored. I know everyone will yell What about George Lopez ??? But in Actuality there were more Latinos 40 years ago on our TVs like Cisco Kid, Chico and the Man, Zorro, I love Lucy etc. But Latinos are practically invisible on TV today. But i know some people will always think that ...
Denial is a River In Egypt

Old 12-16-2011, 01:17 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,078,107 times
Quote:
The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed in 1848 in which Mexicans were suppose to keep their Language, Religion and land that they lived on when they became American citizens but the U.S. sent their soldiers in to Rape the Women and Children while the men were tied up and so therefore scared or ran the Mexicans back into to Mexico and ended up keeping their land.
Also the Texas Rangers were created to fight law and order and also to run the Mexicans back into Mexico and there was an open season on Mexicans and even the Texas Rangers could shoot them on sight. A Texan named Red was asked how many notches he had on his gun handle and he replied something like Ten not including Mexicans. The Los Angeles Riots of the 50s or 60s if one was to read about them was a shameful part of American history according to the first Lady at the time. Where the U.S. Navy went into Latino neighborhoods and killed and injured Latino kids and none of these Navy soldiers were prosecuted. Today Undocumented Immigrants are being treated the same way but today WE call them Illegal so we can justify the injustice done to these people that have kids and Grandkids here.
For years we lured them here in promise of Jobs for their Cheap labor but now that they are growing in numbers we want them out regardless of how many kids and grandkids they have here, and we have no concern about how many families we will be breaking up and the load we will be putting on the Welfare system when the Heads of Household that support these kids are sent back to Mexico.
Newt Gingrich is Way up on the Polls after stating on National TV that We should not be breaking up families of Undocumented Immigrants because this is Inhumane and We should be working on laws to keep them here if they have Good police records and are contributing to Society and their local churches and have kids and grandkids here.
I voted for Obama but he hasnt done much to help the Undocumented Immigrants i guess he forgets that his people were treated as Slaves and just as bad as Undocumented Immigrants are today and also hes afraid to rock the boat and not get elected if he tries to side with the Undocumented Immigrants but i think if he did side with the Latinos he would have a better chance of getting elected because Latinos are already or soon to be the Majority here in the U.S. and i think thats the reason some here are trying to jail them and send them back but they use the excuse that they are taking up American Jobs and they are criminals but most of the Mexicans i know are very quiet and stay to themselves and work Very hard and do their share to contribute to American Society and to our economy.
The Latinos including the Spanish and Mexicans today are still being treated badly if you look at our Color TVs they are Black and White and the Only Heroes Latino Kids have are Michael Jordan and the Taco Bell Chihuahua and when it comes to exposure by the Media the only time Latinos get exposure is when they commit a crime and thats when the Media has a field day but when they have anything to contribute to Society they are ignored. I know everyone will yell What about George Lopez ??? But in Actuality there were more Latinos 40 years ago on our TVs like Cisco Kid, Chico and the Man, Zorro, I love Lucy etc. But Latinos are practically invisible on TV today. But i know some people will always think that ...
Denial is a River In Egypt
Now you go into extreme exaggeration if not complete fallacy. The "Mexicans" living during the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo were of Spanish decent, they mingled with the First Peoples living among the area, mostly Apache. You need to cite were you are getting your "revised" version of history.

The rest of your gibberish only shows how poorly informed you are. Latinos are not posed to become the majority, Minorities (all) are posed to become the majority around 2050, while whites will still be the largest ethnicity.

Your a troll! Go play in the sand box, eat what you find.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:35 PM

35 posts, read 90,910 times
The Spanish were given their own Spanish Land Grants because they helped the U.S. fight and finance U.S. wars. Also over half of these Spanish Grant Lands were stolen from them by illegally imposed Government taxes, Shady Lawyers, Bad Surveyors and Rich Ranchers that took over these Spanish Land Grants.... Also please dont mix the Spanish with Mexicans who were from Mexico and the Americas the Spanish were Europeans from Spain. Once again We want to bunch up the Spanish with the Mexicans. It just proves my point that we dont understand our History or we think its easier to think that Denial is a River in Egypt.
Speaking of U.S. Wars theres lots of Mexicans serving 3 and 4 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan in hopes that they will be granted U.S. Citizenship someday GEE i wonder why we never hear about them?

Old 12-16-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
The Spanish were given their own Spanish Land Grants because they helped the U.S. fight and finance U.S. wars. Also over half of these Spanish Grant Lands were stolen from them by illegally imposed Government taxes, Shady Lawyers, Bad Surveyors and Rich Ranchers that took over these Spanish Land Grants.... Also please dont mix the Spanish with Mexicans who were from Mexico and the Americas the Spanish were Europeans from Spain. Once again We want to bunch up the Spanish with the Mexicans. It just proves my point that we dont understand our History or we think its easier to think that Denial is a River in Egypt.
Speaking of U.S. Wars theres lots of Mexicans serving 3 and 4 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan in hopes that they will be granted U.S. Citizenship someday GEE i wonder why we never hear about them?
FYI, illegal alien Mexicans nor any other illegal aliens are allowed to serve in our military. Again, this is the illegal immigration forum so those of Mexican descent serving legally in our military is irrelevant to this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration