Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:51 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,546,441 times

Advertisements

[quote=1751texan;18677338]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
*Sigh* I posted the thread title according to the published article.

Again, illegal immigration is not a “Latino” issue. However, La Raza and other illegal alien profiteers are hell-bent on using Latinos to legitimize their agenda. They want “respect” for Latino illegal aliens, nothing more, nothing less. After all, if they can get amnesty for millions of Latinos, they are guaranteed to increase their federal funding, as well as funding from philanthropic organizations and major corporations. Of much greater importance is the fact that with amnesty, NCLR (La Raza) will then become the largest “civil rights” organization in this country, dwarfing the NAACP. They certainly can’t be a viable civil rights organization unless they have “causes” to champion, can they?

This is simply another La Raza subterfuge. The previous one was “Stop The Hate.” But, apparently they didn’t get the response they anticipated. They are determined to convince citizens to embrace their illegal brethren, and to recognize illegals as “immigrants.” Their campaigns always have the same theme -- silence all opposition by portraying anti-illegal as anti-Latino, which is total BS. If you choose to fall for this ruse, so be it.

By the way, are you aware that Janet Murguia of La Raza sent a letter to Congress requesting a moratorium on immigrants from Africa? Apparently, this country should accommodate illegal Latinos, but we simply don’t have room for legal immigrants from Africa. It is always wise to know the philosophy of those you support.

Clearly, the following La Raza ad is nothing but propaganda intended to garner support for Latino illegal aliens, and to demonize opposition.[/quote]

How nicely we have all side-stepped the topic "La raza demands congress sign pledge" and skedaddled over to "Janet Murguia's[who ever that is] request that Congress enact a moratoriam on immigrants from Africa".

It would have been so nice, if we could have been able to read the request...because like reading "the Demand", the "moratorium" might be something totally different.

But I guess posting the request was too time consuming and difficult.
Your saying that you don't know who "Janet Murguia" is?........that figures..

Old 04-11-2011, 10:09 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,861,449 times
[quote=mkfarnam;18677512]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

Your saying that you don't know who "Janet Murguia" is?........that figures..
That what figures what? that I dont know every person in the world?
Unlike some on this forum, I can care less about NCLR...and am not fixated on thier every utterence.

But if you would like to post her request to congress on a moratorium of African immigrants, I would like to read that...

Old 04-11-2011, 10:10 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,658,589 times
Quote:
How nicely we have all side-stepped the topic "La raza demands congress sign pledge" and skedaddled over to "Janet Murguia's[who ever that is] request that Congress enact a moratoriam on immigrants from Africa".

It would have been so nice, if we could have been able to read the request...because like reading "the Demand", the "moratorium" might be something totally different.

But I guess posting the request was too time consuming and difficult.
For your information, Janet Murguia is the leader of NCLR (La Raza). Her racist moratorium request is indicative of her ethnocentric agenda. So, yes, it IS relevant to this discussion.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:13 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,658,589 times
Quote:

That what figures what? that I dont know every person in the world?
Unlike some on this forum, I can care less about NCLR...and am not fixated on thier every utterence.

But if you would like to post her request to congress on a moratorium of African immigrants, I would like to read that...
Sorry, but they have deleted her letter from their website. What a surprise. However, others also saw it, including our member zac, who is far from being anti-illegal.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:27 AM

385 posts, read 726,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Please explain why "latinos" require a "pledge of respect" more than any OTHER ethnic group in this country?

Oh and fwiw - (see the bolded portion of your post) are you really trying to imply this is not insulting to the posters here that don't share your views?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Please explain why "latinos" require a "pledge of respect" more than any OTHER ethnic group in this country?

Oh and fwiw - (see the bolded portion of your post) are you really trying to imply this is not insulting to the posters here that don't share your views?
I dont think they are above any other group in the U.S. however theres things that **** me off about images in the U.S.

Railroads for example, built on the Westcoast by Asians, before the California governor tried to burn all evidence of this. However when any image is posted of the railroad or how hard working americans made it across the country, why do i never see an Asian immigrant picture?

Why dont I see Mexicans defending the Alamo? Even though we knew there was. Walk into any museum and its not present.

Its not about respecting illegals, or the politics behind it. Its about respecting a race and giving us credit for what we done in history.

but somehow this thread has become a racist hunt about La Raza's "true" intensions. It doesnt take someone who knows where lack of respect for minorities is, and why they are trying to push this.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,535,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Exactly! I find it hard to respect foreigners who don't abide by our laws and citizens who support their unlawful behavior by expecting them to be given legalization or a path to citizenship for not abiding by our laws. Is that so hard to grasp? Otherwise, I respect all citizens and legal immigrants regardless of race or ethnic makup.
No chicagonut; it is not hard to grasp what your saying, however why some Americans themselves do not grasp this concept is beyond me, and part of our problem. Same here not a problem with any legal immigrants, it is those who are illegal the problems lie with.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,395,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhiryuu View Post
I dont think they are above any other group in the U.S. however theres things that **** me off about images in the U.S.

Railroads for example, built on the Westcoast by Asians, before the California governor tried to burn all evidence of this. However when any image is posted of the railroad or how hard working americans made it across the country, why do i never see an Asian immigrant picture?

Why dont I see Mexicans defending the Alamo? Even though we knew there was. Walk into any museum and its not present.

Its not about respecting illegals, or the politics behind it. Its about respecting a race and giving us credit for what we done in history.

but somehow this thread has become a racist hunt about La Raza's "true" intensions. It doesnt take someone who knows where lack of respect for minorities is, and why they are trying to push this.
Gee, there is a whole month dedicated to "Hispanic Heritage" but Hispanics get no respect? Where is "Anglo Heritage" month?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:55 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,707,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Gee, there is a whole month dedicated to "Hispanic Heritage" but Hispanics get no respect? Where is "Anglo Heritage" month?

Haven't you heard? There can be Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage month...but if you try and come up with an Anglo Heritage month, you are racist.

It's like if I kill a black person, it is a hate crime.

But if they kill me, they are just trying to defend themselves.

Hello double standards...

Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,520,379 times
I DEMAND that La Raza and all its supporters sign a "Pledge for Respect" for...

1. Our AMERICAN flag, with the stipulation that they do not burn it, trample it, spit on it, fly it upside down or desecrate it in any other way. Nor should they display the Mexican flag in their home windows, on their vehicles or on their t-****s.

2. Our LANGUAGE. Instead of expecting us to bow down and accommodate them, let THEM show some gratitude by learning to understand US!

3. Our WAY OF LIFE - please teach these people that here in America we do NOT take a mid-day siesta, and then wake up at 10:00pm to throw a loud ass, annoying and peace disturbing Fiesta until 5:00am!

4. Our STREETS, NEIGHBORHOODS, HOMES and BUILDINGS - contrary to what these people believe, we do not consider graffiti to be acceptable, nor do we consider it to be pleasant to look at. Furthermore, we have trash cans in this country for a reason. PLEASE teach them to use them instead of throwing their trash all over the place. This includes leaving disgusting, filthy diapers in public bathrooms, on the sidewalk or floating in a swimming pool.

5. Our desire for SAFETY & SECURITY - maybe where they come from gang turf wars are acceptable to declare "ownership" of public or another's personal property, but here, if you want to own something, you have to BUY & PAY FOR IT! If you want to kill each other over dirt and bricks then go back to where you came from.

6. Our LAWS - we have laws for a reason in this country, and if you break them you should expect to pay the price. If you want to drive without insurance, go back to where you came from and hurt or kill your own countrymen/women.

Please feel free to add to this list

Old 04-13-2011, 03:24 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,861,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Whether you believe it or not...............your not everyone.
I believe I used "I" in my comments, where do you get "everyone"? How does that even make sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration