Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:18 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,892,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Now do you see why I hated the AZ law?

Dude/dudette, you just described the way I look.

Well you have to consider the source - this is just one more in a long line of handles used by this OP to troll many of the forums here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 07:01 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,395,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Now do you see why I hated the AZ law?

Dude/dudette, you just described the way I look.
The way you look has nothing to do with the enforcement of the AZ law. When will the lies stop?

Old 09-05-2010, 02:09 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,484,505 times
Wow!! Is this where we're still at in 2010? My goodness!! I'm at loss for words.......

Old 09-05-2010, 10:31 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,999,785 times
Default Just carry a coin with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Wow!! Is this where we're still at in 2010? My goodness!! I'm at loss for words.......
If you want to know who is legal or illegal, just carry a coin in your pocket.

Since there are at least as many illegal latinos as there are legal latinos here, flip a coin...With the statistics of a 50/50 chance, the chances are you will be correct the more that you flip the coin....heads legal, tails illegal...simple as that, isn't it...that's how ridiculously out of hand this situation is, isn't it?

Old 09-06-2010, 07:33 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,332,703 times
We should take Spanish out of use altogether in this country. Just English. Make people learn English. No more catering to their needs. Assimilate the culture or leave. Learn the language or starve. Why make it easy to be abused? Learn the language or leave!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:46 AM

12 posts, read 16,468 times
Micky D's? haha, There's illegal immigrants doing security and baggage handling at the airport. Nine times out of ten the hispanics you see in places that they weren't before in the past five years are illegal. My work takes me all over the US. The past ten years i have lived everywhere from Alaska to Boston, and they have infiltrated every nook and cranny in the American countryside. I don't knock people based on thier race but it this is a bit of a hustle. Since when was being able to make more money a good excuse for anything illegal? Mexico isn't like Cuba, whose immigrants i do support. It's not a communist regime, or a dictatorship. If it's those people's personal hell like that crazy a** movie 'Machete' says it is, then it's a hell they made for themselves, and they carry all the same seeds of strife with them when they cross the border. They aren't like African Americans and thier experience hasn't been the same thing. They won't mesh with America the same way that even whites from other countries do, they have thier own society that is grossly disfunctional and brash, which immediately displaces our own. That's my opinion.

Last edited by Cherisen; 09-06-2010 at 09:38 AM..

Old 09-07-2010, 01:41 PM

308 posts, read 450,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
We should take Spanish out of use altogether in this country. Just English. Make people learn English. No more catering to their needs. Assimilate the culture or leave. Learn the language or starve. Why make it easy to be abused? Learn the language or leave!
Every time I use the ATM, or call a customer service numer and I am asked to speak English or spanish, I wonder why is this even a question.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,327,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherisen View Post
Micky D's? haha, There's illegal immigrants doing security and baggage handling at the airport. Nine times out of ten the hispanics you see in places that they weren't before in the past five years are illegal. My work takes me all over the US. The past ten years i have lived everywhere from Alaska to Boston, and they have infiltrated every nook and cranny in the American countryside. I don't knock people based on thier race but it this is a bit of a hustle. Since when was being able to make more money a good excuse for anything illegal? Mexico isn't like Cuba, whose immigrants i do support. It's not a communist regime, or a dictatorship. If it's those people's personal hell like that crazy a** movie 'Machete' says it is, then it's a hell they made for themselves, and they carry all the same seeds of strife with them when they cross the border. They aren't like African Americans and thier experience hasn't been the same thing. They won't mesh with America the same way that even whites from other countries do, they have thier own society that is grossly disfunctional and brash, which immediately displaces our own. That's my opinion.
Couldn't have said it better.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:08 PM

10 posts, read 9,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
99% of the workers in my hometowns fast food restaurants are hispanic. They may be illegal or legal. I don't know. But I have to assume that most of them are undocumented because most do not speak any english and are dark skinned indian types.

Do you think there is any statistics on the percentage of people from an Hispanic background that are ethnically Indian and are very dark skinned and do not speak english and work in low skilled work in relation to legal status?
Proof that the anti immigration movement is really an anti Hispanic, anti dark people movement. Is it any wonder that the White power groups have been closely associated with SB1070. Furthermore, when you mention this to SB1070 supporters they don't seem to be bothered, and will respond with the usual racist one liners such as "Reconquista" "Meche" "La Raza" "Race card" "Race baiting"

They will swear that it isn't about race, but about illegal immigration, yet 90% of them are against legal immigration as well. They claim it's not about ethnicity and only about immigration, yet they bring up issues like language. What does language have to do with immigration issues? They claim to be only against illegal immigrants, yet they repeatedly express hatred towards people residing in Mexico, whom are not immigrants. If they were illegal they woudln't be living in Mexico.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,395,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the house View Post
Proof that the anti immigration movement is really an anti Hispanic, anti dark people movement. Is it any wonder that the White power groups have been closely associated with SB1070. Furthermore, when you mention this to SB1070 supporters they don't seem to be bothered, and will respond with the usual racist one liners such as "Reconquista" "Meche" "La Raza" "Race card" "Race baiting"

They will swear that it isn't about race, but about illegal immigration, yet 90% of them are against legal immigration as well. They claim it's not about ethnicity and only about immigration, yet they bring up issues like language. What does language have to do with immigration issues? They claim to be only against illegal immigrants, yet they repeatedly express hatred towards people residing in Mexico, whom are not immigrants. If they were illegal they woudln't be living in Mexico.
That is totally untrue of the majority of Americans. Most Americans are not racists and objecting to illegal immigration has nothing to do with race. Where did you pull out that 90% figure that Americans are against legal immigration as well? Please provide proof of that.

Langauge has plenty to do with the illegal immigration issue because most illegals are Spanish speaking and because of that in some areas it is not uncommon to hear no English being spoken, we have to press 2 for Spanish now and businesses are catering to illegal alien Spanish speakers by advertising in Spanish and hiring Spanish speakers only.

Who has expressed hatred for Mexicans living in Mexico? The ones ones we have an issue with are the drug cartels. You sure are making a lot of assertions with no proof whatsoever of them. You are doing the very thing you claim we have no reason to do and that is "race baiting".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration