Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 12:41 AM

275 posts, read 473,027 times

Advertisements

Did y'all see this? Freeway rampage in N. Idaho caught on camera | KTVB.COM Boise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 06:56 PM

7,393 posts, read 12,709,748 times
Two boaters, dog rescued after canoe capsizes in Idaho lake | Local & Regional | Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Caldwell, Idaho News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News - KBOI 2

Quote:
Authorities rescued two people and a dog from Lake Pend Oreille after their canoe capsized.

Bonner County Sheriff's Lt. Ror Lakewold says a third person managed to swim to shore while the two others clung to U.S. Highway 95 bridge pilings.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,317,506 times
Good to read that the boaters were wearing PFD's !

Old 05-03-2013, 09:07 PM

Default Congratulations to 3 North Idaho High Schools!

Click on the link for the full story:
County

Quote:
Sandpoint High School, Clark Fork High School and Priest River Lamanna High School all earned accolades from the national online news magazine as three of the top high schools in the state. Sandpoint High School ranked fifth in the top nine Idaho high schools and earned a silver medal, while Clark Fork High School and Priest River Lamanna High School each earned bronze medals.

Of the more than 200 Idaho high schools ranked in the annual evaluation, only a fifth received a gold, silver or bronze medal indicating excellent marks in student-to-teacher ratio, college preparation for students and math and reading proficiency.
Very impressive. This should be a clear answer to all those posters asking whether there are good high schools in NID!

Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,765,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Click on the link for the full story:
County

Very impressive. This should be a clear answer to all those posters asking whether there are good high schools in NID!

I've had two daughters go thru PRLHS. I would most definitely now question what they base these ratings on. Something is extremely off.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:51 PM

Thumbs up The Festival at Sandpoint

Here's the line-up!

Festival at Sandpoint announces powerhouse lineup - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News

Quote:
The Festival announced its line-up Wednesday for the summer music festival, which will be held Aug. 1-11, showcasing eight nights of eclectic music under the stars, on the shores of Lake Pend Oreille. The lineup features the Indigo Girls, Cake, Rosanne Cash, John Butler Trio, Steve Miller Band and The Avett Brothers, as well as rising stars The Greencards, Eclectic Approach, Matt Andersen and Vintage Trouble, and local favorites Shook Twins, Devon Wade and Marshall McLean.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:44 PM

356 posts, read 521,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I've had two daughters go thru PRLHS. I would most definitely now question what they base these ratings on. Something is extremely off.
Based upon our short experience (a bit less than one semester, thank heavens) with a "highly rated" public school, I'm with Misty. On the upside, local students are accepted at high rates into top-tier colleges. Being from a rural area is a "disadvantage," so, therefore, an advantage in a college application. Also on the upside, Idaho is very homeschool-friendly. And I have nothing but positive things to say about Sandpoint Christian School.

BTW: I don't mean to sound harsh, CFF. The article is certainly good news for the area and I'm not sure if you have any personal experience with the schools. If I caused any offense, I apologize.

Last edited by LionFamily; 05-19-2013 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: didn't mean to sound critical of CFF

Old 05-20-2013, 02:26 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,765,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
Based upon our short experience (a bit less than one semester, thank heavens) with a "highly rated" public school, I'm with Misty. On the upside, local students are accepted at high rates into top-tier colleges. Being from a rural area is a "disadvantage," so, therefore, an advantage in a college application. Also on the upside, Idaho is very homeschool-friendly. And I have nothing but positive things to say about Sandpoint Christian School.

BTW: I don't mean to sound harsh, CFF. The article is certainly good news for the area and I'm not sure if you have any personal experience with the schools. If I caused any offense, I apologize.

Very definitely so on the fact that being from a rural high school can be an advantage. My youngest was accepted into two "most competitive" colleges and will be attending one of them. She has had very good luck with IDLA (Idaho DIgital Learning Academy) which is the state's online high school. She has been taking most of her classes (which her school has tried to stop) online at the local high school.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post

Not to worry, Lion! I just report what I read, and I have no dogs or kids in that fight... Good PR should always be followed by a reality check...

Old 05-21-2013, 11:36 PM

Exclamation Flood Warning for North Idaho

Lots of rain tomorrow:

Sandpoint Weather Advisories - Weather Warnings & Watches for Sandpoint, ID

Quote:
FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM PDT WEDNESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING...

* FLOOD WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF NORTH IDAHO AND NORTHEAST WASHINGTON...INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...IN NORTH IDAHO...BONNER AND BOUNDARY. IN NORTHEAST WASHINGTON...PEND OREILLE AND STEVENS.
THIS INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS...SANDPOINT...PRIEST RIVER...COOLIN...CLARK FORK...BONNERS FERRY...MOYIE SPRINGS... PORTHILL...EASTPORT...NAPLES...NEWPORT...METALINE FALLS...IONE... CUSICK...DIAMOND LAKE...COLVILLE...CHEWELAH...KETTLE FALLS... NORTHPORT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho