Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2013, 11:28 AM

349 posts, read 1,042,136 times

Advertisements

Awesome news, thanks for the update!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 05:24 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,764,542 times
Default No Brownie Points for Idaho Senate as It Keeps Tax on Girl Scout Cookies

Top Lawmakers Wouldn't Hold a Hearing Because 'Nobody Could Say No' to Cute Kids

Idaho Blocks Girl Scouts Seeking A Tax Break for Their Cookies - WSJ.com

Old 04-14-2013, 11:58 AM

8 posts, read 11,960 times
Default Tragic event in orofino

2 adults, 3 teens killed in Orofino house fire | KTVB.COM Boise

This was picked up by UPI and is all over the national news.

I have searched both local police and fire department websites and not able to find more details, so if anyone reads updates, please post.

thanks

Old 04-14-2013, 12:19 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,526,623 times
Tragic, terrible news, indeed.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 PM

7,393 posts, read 12,709,748 times
Default Wolf harvest lower in the Panhandle

Here are the latest numbers (so you can go or or or or all depending on your viewpoint!):

Wolf harvest lower than last year - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News

BTW, I was going to post about the terrible fire tragedy in Orofino that took 5 lives, but I saw there is already a thread about it.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:46 PM

Default Update

Orofino, Idaho-Window on the Clearwater

It's important to note that Idaho State fire and police were involved.

I say that because this is a small town and only a few people here own most of the real estate and apparently there were no working smoke detectors in this RENTAL house. If my intuition is correct, there is going to be a lot more to this story.

Also, the father was reported to be a clerk at the IGA Grocery Store, so this was one of the poorest working families in town and knowing this community, a fund will be set up to help.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:22 PM

Default Photos and more...

Orofino, Idaho-Window on the Clearwater

Old 04-22-2013, 09:26 AM

Has anyone been following the story of the Priest Lake cabin lessees? Many people have leased cabin sites over generations from the state of Idaho (almost all from out of state) and the state has been very lax in keeping the lease rates up to date. Someone finally discovered that the state has a constitutional duty to maximize profits from endowment lands since the profits got to Idaho schools and they have raised the lease rates (to reflect current values) in some cases to an enormous extent. Lease holders who can't pay the increase stand to lose all improvements (some of these homes are HUGE) on the state lands and are filing suit against the state.

Here is one of the articles pertaining to the problem:
Clock ticking for state-owned cabin site lessees at Priest, Payette lakes... - Eye On Boise - Spokesman.com - April 16, 2013

Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 PM

7,393 posts, read 12,709,748 times
I didn't really get the story until you explained it. Here's the latest:

Priest Lake lessees push back against new rates - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News

Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I didn't really get the story until you explained it. Here's the latest:

Priest Lake lessees push back against new rates - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News

I have a feeling the state will knuckle under. The weird thing is that the lessee's keep calling themselves "locals" and it's a case of big government and the fat cat against the little folk. I can understand their unhappiness but Idaho should be maximizing the profits here for the schools. The overwhelming majority of PL lessee's are from WA. and don't have their kids in Idaho schools. I guess I just don't get the idea of building big homes (in some cases) on leased land when they knew they rents would rise. Just because they didn't for a long time doesn't mean never. It will be interesting to see what happens here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho