Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,403,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Much better to give the profits to the Asians than Americans?..
Most of the UAW membership is the guys working for scale in the factories alongside most of the UAW union officials who usually have a job in the factories right alongside those middle class American workers, theres probably only a few union heads at the top making big bucks.
What about other unions? Police,Firemen,Teachers,transit workers?etc
As for Hyundai Sonata? nice looking car..
I buy a car that will run reliably for a decade. The profits go to investors in the company not workers. Workers are a cost for a company and their work rules and productivity impact the car cost and the design/engineering and workforce deduction to quality make a great car which runs. Neither Asians nor Germans nor Americans nor Koreans have a monopoly on the best car. But as a 25 year dedicated American car driver who got screwed with several terrible cars have not seen fit to give my business to an American car maker since.... they are more reliable now and better cars but they are followers without the Japanese neither the Germans nor Americans would be making cars as reliable as they are. I prefer giving my money and business to the one pushing the industry to do the right things for me as a consumer......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 09:01 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,290,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Much better to give the profits to the Asians than Americans?..
Most of the UAW membership is the guys working for scale in the factories alongside most of the UAW union officials who usually have a job in the factories right alongside those middle class American workers, theres probably only a few union heads at the top making big bucks.
What about other unions? Police,Firemen,Teachers,transit workers?etc
As for Hyundai Sonata? nice looking car..
Do you really think most Americans don't want to give back to America and buy American cars? Of course we do but the reality is American cars are not reliable and use cheap parts when available. Even their upscale luxury cars like their Cadillacs use so much cheap plastic in their interiors that it's obvious they aren't designed to last beyond a few years. It's not our obligation to buy American cars, it's American automakers obligation to make quality cars that will entice Americans to buy their cars.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:41 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,072,505 times
Not to mention that we're living in an increasingly global market place where boundaries are less clear. If you want to support American factory workers you can also buy a Hyundai/Toyota/Honda as they all have factories here while many domestics are built in Mexico, Canada and elsewhere.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:51 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,872,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Do you really think most Americans don't want to give back to America and buy American cars? Of course we do but the reality is American cars are not reliable and use cheap parts when available. Even their upscale luxury cars like their Cadillacs use so much cheap plastic in their interiors that it's obvious they aren't designed to last beyond a few years. It's not our obligation to buy American cars, it's American automakers obligation to make quality cars that will entice Americans to buy their cars.
Nothing could be futhur then the truth.. You really have to research before you write such in accurate things.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,284,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

Dude, this isn't 1980 anymore. All modern cars, imported and domestic, have no problems going over 200k miles reliably. There are as much plastics in imports as in domestics, and the engineering in them is basically the same anymore. I'v ehad no problems with my domestic cars over the last decade.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:14 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times
Everytime I see a Nissan Rogue:

I see a Totoro:

Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM

1,037 posts, read 3,161,023 times
Please do not insult Totoro.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
Please do not insult Totoro.

Mea culpa.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:55 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,867,663 times

Old 12-20-2012, 01:29 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,518,892 times
LOL

I'm absolutely loving the pictures you guys are posting! Keep doing it!

Not bashing the Hyundai, I'm sure it's great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia