Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,238,691 times

Advertisements

I imagine that the new Optima would have even worse blind spots, especially with the way the back door window swoops upward and the back window design.

Some of todays small and mid-size SUVS have this terrible "upswooping" cargo area window design that creates horrible rear visibility, I cant for the life of me figure out why they are doing this design... personally I think its also ugly.

Some vehicles with this design that come to mind is the latest Ford Escape, Toyota Rav4, Hyundai Tucson/Sante Fe, Nissan Rogue/Murano and I am sure more I am missing. To a certain extent, the Chevy Traverse also has this terrible upswept cargo area window, but not as bad as the others I mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 12:20 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Adjust your side mirrors properly then you won't have a blind spot.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:44 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,499,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Adjust your side mirrors properly then you won't have a blind spot.
Exacly.. cargo van and truck drivers have alot bigger b and c pillar to deal with, along with no inside rearview mirror and most of them have no problem switching lanes or backing up just using outside mirrors... turn yours away from looking at your own door handles. Theyre not goin anywhere and youll finally see what youre supposed to out of them.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:56 AM

3,483 posts, read 9,022,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Exacly.. cargo van and truck drivers have alot bigger b and c pillar to deal with, along with no inside rearview mirror and most of them have no problem switching lanes or backing up just using outside mirrors... turn yours away from looking at your own door handles. Theyre not goin anywhere and youll finally see what youre supposed to out of them.

LoL.

In terms of blindspots, the worst vehicle I've ever driven where I couldn't adjust for it was the Chevy HHR...absolutely hated that car!

Old 12-20-2012, 05:18 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,887,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
I see this:

Anyone else?

:LOLOLOL,, Post of the year!!!! Very true...

Old 12-20-2012, 06:19 AM

1,037 posts, read 3,164,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
But I love my door handles!

A combination of an aftermarket/bigger rear view mirror and adjusting the outside mirrors usually solve my problem.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Like not in the hands of the greedy UAW?
Much better to give the profits to the Asians than Americans?..
Most of the UAW membership is the guys working for scale in the factories alongside most of the UAW union officials who usually have a job in the factories right alongside those middle class American workers, theres probably only a few union heads at the top making big bucks.
What about other unions? Police,Firemen,Teachers,transit workers?etc
As for Hyundai Sonata? nice looking car..

Old 12-20-2012, 08:26 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,963,956 times
To each their own... we have had a Sonata (built in Alabama) for two years and are happy with it. I like the styling better than the Kia.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,892,286 times
haha someone on another forum linked a pic of a gargoyle. It's all good though, I still think it looks good - we bought one (was going to buy an Elantra). We got the GLS (needed a commuter car) which doesn't have the chrome grill - well only the outer frame is. It just didn't look right without full chrome and I'm typically the last person to chrome anything. So what I mean is, it looks its best with chrome, and that includes the door handles, and the 18" wheels... the SE model, especially in white, is one of the best looking sedans on the road. It's also a great value for what you get... heated seats, auto headlights, 5-star safety in a mid-size (only the BMW 5 can say that otherwise) that has great fuel efficiency for $22k. We actually had them aftermarket-leather it up for less than $1k too... can't believe there was no full leather option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I concur. though I think its Kia sibling, the Optima takes the crown for better looking of the two..
the Optima SX yes, the other trims no. Wheels and accents matter, a lot.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:44 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,531 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia