Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2020, 08:48 AM

889 posts, read 2,413,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beergutbrew View Post
This is the Nook 2, it has been "delayed" for 2 years or more, haven't heard why, unfortunately the owner is now ill. If you walk by, take a look inside, great looking woodworking and trim so far, unique space.
I think the plan is for this to be more of an upscale dining and pub experience than the Nook with less focus on simply being a craft beer bar. The plan was for a different name, although that may have changed. I know the owner, Connell Allen, and his family quite well. In fact, I live just a few houses down from him. One thing about Mr. Allen is he will not do anything on the cheap. If he manages to get that place open it will certainly be an amazing place worth checking out. It's been in the works for years now. I hope they haven't missed their window of opportunity though. Someone mentioned Mr. Allen's health and I will say I have seen him fairly recently and he seems to doing much better. I really hope this place is something to look forward to in 2021.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 12:15 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,670,634 times
New Federal Courthouse Downtown renderings and plans

https://www.al.com/news/2021/01/new-...ouse-plan.html

Old 01-11-2021, 01:11 PM

2,467 posts, read 2,303,117 times
from al.com

that's a lot of land

Old 01-11-2021, 02:57 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,670,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
from al.com

that's a lot of land
Nice to have that green space. Twickenham Square and Publix lower bottom of the rendering.
I imagine the underground parking takes up some space under the green space.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:08 PM

2,467 posts, read 2,303,117 times
yeah, that lawn in front could become a nice gathering spot. i wonder to what extent the building/site will be fenced and/or barricaded.

for some reason, i was thinking this was where the new RFCU HQ went.

those doctors offices behind the courthouse in the rendering take me back... i think my orthodonist was there.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:26 PM

13,434 posts, read 9,954,201 times
Quote:
from al.com

that's a lot of land
Guessing the scale for the new building is different from the surrounding area in the picture, to make it stand out.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:34 PM

766 posts, read 1,127,286 times
Quote:
yeah, that lawn in front could become a nice gathering spot. i wonder to what extent the building/site will be fenced and/or barricaded.

those doctors offices behind the courthouse in the rendering take me back... i think my orthodonist was there.
I doubt that the federal security agents will feel comfortable with people gathering in front of a Federal Court House (particularly after what happened last Wednesday in addition to what happened to the Federal Court House in Portland last summer). It's too bad, because it is an attractive space.

The RFCU HQ is on the other side of Lowe Avenue, just west of the Bryant Bank building (the building which looks out of place next door to Twickenham Square - it looks like it's a fraternity house in Tuscaloosa, not a bank).

Yes, there was an orthodontist located behind where the new Federal Courthouse will be built. His name was Dr. Walker and he was the first to buy a condo in the Park Plaza Office Complex. His previous office was on Starmont Circle - just north of Bob Wallace, west of Whitesburg. It was a house that had been converted into a dental office, so the move to Park Plaza was a big upgrade.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:20 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,621,706 times
Quote:
Redstone Federal Credit Union's newest branch the Twickenham Center opened in early December.
It is located on Davis Circle which runs behind the Huntsville Madison County library.
Redstone Federal Credit Union's main branch is still on Wynn Drive.

Redstone credit union opens new Huntsville branch at sleek downtown building
https://www.al.com/news/2020/12/reds...-building.html

On the satellite view below:

• The Huntsville Library is at lower left.
  • The RFCU Twickenham Center is just below center
  • The new federal courthouse will be built in the empty lot at upper right.
Attached Thumbnails
Huntsville/Madison Development News-satellite-map.jpg  

Old 01-12-2021, 09:18 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,832,983 times
Where is parking for the new Federal building supposed to be?

Old 01-12-2021, 10:52 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,621,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
Where is parking for the new Federal building supposed to be?
Quote:
The courthouse will have underground parking...
New pictures show Huntsville’s federal courthouse plan
https://www.al.com/news/2021/01/new-...ouse-plan.html

Quote:
The new courthouse will also have secure underground parking.
Huntsville’s new federal courthouse will start rising in 2021
https://www.al.com/crime/2020/11/hun...g-in-2021.html

Quote:
Once built, the courthouse will have 26 secured parking spaces.
New Huntsville U.S. Courthouse
https://www.gsa.gov/about-us/regions...-us-courthouse

Fentress Chosen as Lead Design Architect for New Huntsville U.S. Courthouse
https://fentressarchitects.com/news/...-us-courthouse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area